Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Annecy 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a wedding in la Rosiere, via Annecy.

Checked the Annecy 2018 JO website but no mention of proposed venues.
Does anyone know if they are public knowledge, named in the bid or under consideration still?

Some, I suppose can be guessed at but would be intersted to find out
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
T-Dub, ifirc still in with a chance and currently the preferred bid. La Plagne is a venue.
Site here
http://www.annecy2018.com/en/

As someone once said the French do have a love of flashturbation on their sites Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpine events in Chamonix or Les Houches I think.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
After some very amusing bickering about distances which I seem to remember was ultimately settled by the organisers driving to Morzine and Chamonix themselves, probably with a lot of swearing and smoking, there was then some concern about it being too spread out

As it currently stands:

Annecy to host the skating, curling, biathlon, cross-country skiing, ski jumping and Nordic combined (using the resorts of La Clusaz and Grand Bornand)

Chamonix to host the whole alpine skiing events (I imagine this would also involve the Kandahar run at Les Houches), as well as the ice hockey.

La Plagne to host the bobsleigh, luge and skeleton events.

As initially planned the events of the Paralympic Games would be held in Annecy

I think it's seen pretty much as the outsider though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I think it's seen pretty much as the outsider though

let's hope so
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, Puzzled La Plagne is already seeing the benefit, the bob track has been completely re furbished and brought up to date with a new state of the art refrigeration system and track covers Very Happy
There are so few bids I reckon nnecy has a 1in 3 chance of winning Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think Munich are the favourites and if they win this will be the first city to get the winter and summer olympics. I think it is a two horse race between Annecy and Munich
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing,
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48242639671
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that info, everyone.

Was in La Plagne last Friday, blimey that bob track looks ugly in summer.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="firebug"]After some very amusing bickering about distances which I seem to remember was ultimately settled by the organisers driving to Morzine and Chamonix themselves, probably with a lot of swearing and smoking, there was then some concern about it being too spread out

As it currently stands:

Annecy to host the skating, curling, biathlon, cross-country skiing, ski jumping and Nordic combined (using the resorts of La Clusaz and Grand Bornand)

quote]

What?!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I heard Morzine was supposed to hold the woman's downhill!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
garyscott20, so had we and not picked up on this before - the wonder of Snowheads of course - so OH has today removed the Annecy 2018 link from our chalet website!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I also heard that. Well, Avoriaz, on the Coupe Du Monde.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was surprised too, there seems no reason not to spread them out a bit, to me. Anyway:

Driving and bickering here:
http://www.chamonet.com/whats_new_article.php?id_whats_new=4616&id_back=1

Press release confirming two centres for bid:
http://www.gamesbids.com/eng/winter_olympic_bids/annecy_2018/1216135266.html

I doubt it will happen anyway though, so I'm not getting really worked up either way.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy