Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2010 / 2011 Snow Reports

Poster: A snowHead
Hywel, Ropey would be a strong possibility. I'd wait until nearer the time and if there hasn't been a decent dump and/or lower temps (and neither is forecast) I'd swerve.

Can't comment on VT.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a few pictures here , nothing special - this year just wasn't the best.

Cheers to everyone I skied with this season - that includes SnowCrazy who remarked the other day that we hadn't had a good 'spat' this season, probably to the disapointment of many Little Angel - I'll make up for it next... unless of course it really dumps soon...

Al'
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No report from Les Arcs today as we went to Val d'Isere.

Hywel, I agree with red 27, it is worth waiting. I have been in Val Thorens and La Rosiere/La Thuille last week, St Foy last saturday and Val d'Isere today and it hurts me to say, but both Val Thorens and Val d'Isere / Tignes areas above 2000m are in better shape than Les Arcs now. The other resorts round here however are also suffering even more than us due to the warm temps on lower pistes although the pisteurs everywhere are trying hard to keep everywhere in good condition. The big dump has not arrived in Les Arcs, maybe 10cm at most higher up in the last few days and we do now need more for all the lower areas. I heard tonight they had done a great job today of keeping Villaroger ok to get all the way down.

I will post my day in Val d'Isere in the Val d'Isere / Tignes thread. You can take a look at the pics from the last few days on my facebook page if you are interested (link below). Another update from Les Arcs tomorrow. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Boredsurfing, thanks for that - we wait with bated breath on the announcements then!

Romain Guigon has been given the plans for La Plagne but they appear to be rather broad and lacking any particular detail Sad
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm#29_03_11
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hywel, You may want to consider the SFaB at VT, that runs from 16th April in VT followed by the EoSB. The 9 day the forecast isn't looking good for most French ski resorts, little or no snow and v warm temps. Sad If it's going to be poor in VT with resort at 2,000m, there is little hope for the lower resorts. St Martin in the 3V's at 1,400m, heavy rain today and 8 days temps forecast between 6 degc and 16 deg c!
Vt's probably the best option other than Tignes even snowcrazy appears to be jumping ship looking for half decent conditions elsewhere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

Boredsurfing, thanks for that - we wait with bated breath on the announcements then!

Romain Guigon has been given the plans for La Plagne but they appear to be rather broad and lacking any particular detail Sad
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm#29_03_11

blimey if they do all that will there be any drag lifts left in the domain apart from the one servicing the half pipe in belecotte and one in champagny.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Out to Les Arcs on 9th April

I'm sure there will be enough to keep me entertained, although I suspect will be downloading on Vallandry lift to go home Sad I just need a break so providing I can have some fun and wine I am fine
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boris, Me too, we really must get together for a real beer!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had good snow last night and skied on it this morning up above Vallandry. I'm wildly inexperienced in such matters, but I can say it was all very pretty, even if it had largely melted by the afternoon!

I believe there may be a good dump on Monday night so I'd say anyone out next week ought to have some good skiing at least Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris, Maybe stick your bikes on the back of the car if you've got space Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris wrote:
Out to Les Arcs on 9th April

I'm sure there will be enough to keep me entertained, although I suspect will be downloading on Vallandry lift to go home Sad I just need a break so providing I can have some fun and wine I am fine

Ditto snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BMF_Skier, now now!! Toofy Grin just because I go off to other places or say that the highest resorts in the area are sometimes better does not mean I am 'Jumping ship'.

It is near the end of the season and 'the grass is always greener on the other side' might be a bit of the end of season feeling we all get sometimes. I have one of those 'ski a la carte' things and want to try it out. But I have to admit I have had some good days in resorts that are all over 2000m.

However, today was still a very nice day in Les Arcs with about 5 - 10cm of fresh snow and it was much better even down to Arc 1800 and 1600 than a few days ago. The snowline was at about 1600 today. Much better. Very Happy The bigest problem was the vis that was in and out all day. But there was good snow around, very spring like and with more promised in the next week those coming out this weekend should still be ok for plenty of skiing so do not worry. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Been very busy so know time for updates last few days. Just to keep you all in a good mood. 5cm of fresh snow fell on Wedneday evening. Thursday and Friday were very warm, but the snow high up should still be ok. Mix of sun, snow and rain forecast for the next few days. Let us all hope it gets colder again and the rain falls as snow. Look forward to meeting up with some of those coming out over the next few weeks. If you want to see pics of what we have been up to during the last few days, take a look at the photo section of my facebook group page. Link below. Enjoy. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just got back today from a fabulous week in Arc 1800. We were lucky as we had snow on the first and third nights. Got to say conditions are fine. Yes it was slushy in towards 1800 but above that very impressed considering. Have to say i felt the runs above peisey and vallandry were in far better nick, maybe they get less sun or maybe the pisting is better but some lovely conditions to be had. It's v warm in the day time but great to ski in. Our group of four all did the water slide, unfortunately one one the group went head over heels and but still slid out of the end onto the snow....great fun. We did the aguille rouge from top to bottom but ran out of snow at Lys and got on the plan des violettes back up, thoroughly enjoyable. Had two powder mornings and found lots of good safe off piste. In summary, first time in Les Arcs super resort, loads of varied skiing. I could imagine during a good season the runs around tree lines would be magical.Conditions are still fine. Lots of great skiing to be had, no need to worry if you are out in the next couple of weeks and enjoy. Little Angel
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowcrazy, Arteta10, very chilled here, what will be will be and all that BUT nevertheless you have cheered me up guys snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Here is the big one. Hope you find todays snow report of the paradiski worth the read. Enjoy. Remember you can always check out the photo section in my facebook group page to see what we have been doing. If you join as a friend then there are even more pics to see. Link below. Toofy Grin

Blue sky, very warm temperatures! You could almost be at the beach today rather than on a mountain.

With the current conditions I thought it was time to take a tour of the whole Paradiski area. For those coming out in the next week. Take a read of what we found visiting all the resort stations that were open in the whole domain plus the mountain tops. For those that just want a summary. Skip to the end.

Started from Arc 1600, up the Cachette Chair and across to the Arpette Chair. 'Cachette' piste on the way up under the chair was firm and compacted with a re-freeze from last night. As we approached the Arpette Chair, there was a frozen pond of melted snow that was blue ice (later in the day this had turned back to slush) on the Belvedere piste. The pistes between the top of the Arpette Chair and the Vanoise Express (VE) were firm and compact going past the Derby Chair and down to the VE on the red 'Ours' piste into Peisey at this time in the morning. There is only one red run 'Ours' and one blue run 'Plan Bois' open plus the link down 'Poney' to the new chair (Parchey). All other lower pistes in Peisey are now closed due to lack of snow.

On the La Plagne side we went to Montchavin down a rather patchy red 'Montchavin' piste and then up and back down to Les Coches on the red piste again and then through the beginner area to the Plan Bois Chair. Going into Les Coches and Montchavin there are now only the red 'Montchavin' or the blue 'Mont Blanc' pistes open lower down.

From the top of the Salla Chair we went all the way down into Bellecote La Plagne through Belle Plagne. All the main pistes in these areas are still open, but thin in places. Then up the Colosses Chair and then down through Plagne Village, Plagne Soleil, Plagne Centre and Plagne 1800. Once again all the main pistes appeared to be open, but some were quite patchy in places with warnings of mud and stones.

From Plagne 1800 we went up the 1800 Chair and then down to Plagne Montalbert via the blue 'Cornegidouille' piste, blue 'Montalbert' piste and then the red 'Fornelet' piste. These pistes were all in surprisingly good condition and gave us a good run all the way down into the bottom station.

From Plagne Montalbert we then headed back up the lifts into Aime La Plagne. From there down to Plagne Centre was rather thin although the pistes were open, but with warning signs everywhere against stones and mud. Straight up the Z tow and then the Verdons Nord Chair and over the top and down towards Champagny. The pistes in the Plagne centre area were mostly open, but with a number of bare patches. Take care when using any of these reds or blues. The blacks are closed either due to avalanche risk or bare patches. Going down the red to the bottom of the Borseliers Chair showed that this area is only just staying open with many bare patches on this and the blue piste nearby.

The red piste down to Champagny Village is now closed so you must down lift with the Gondola.

From the top of the Borseliers Chair we headed up to the Bellecote Glacier using the Rosea and Carella Chairs. Then finally the Bellecote Gondola for a change. All the pistes on the way up looked to be ok, although again the blacks were closed mainly due to avalanche risk and a few bare patches.

From the Bellecote Glacier we headed off piste for a while to make our way down to the Bauches Chair at the bottom of the closed (all season) 'Derochoir' piste. Then up the two chairs to the top of Dosrond. If you try this off piste area, you need to take great care as we passed many avalanches. If you are trying any off piste areas, you are well advised to do so in the mornings before the snow becomes to warm and starts to slide or becomes to soft and allows you to break through the crust.

From the top of Dosrond we headed back on piste down to the VE via the only route now open, 'Mont Blanc' blue piste, plus the little red short cut which is still ok. By now it was after 1.30pm and the pistes were all getting quite soft, but still ok. The Bellecote Glacier area offers the best conditions for 'on or off' piste in the La Plagne area, but the higher sections of the Roche de Mio, the Grand Rochette (north side) and even coming down under the Rosea Chair were quite good.

Back on the Les Arcs side and still quite a lot of area to cover. First back up the Peisey Chair and then down to the Grizzly in Vallandry. Then up the chair and right across the pistes to the bottom of the Transarc Gondola in Arc 1800. The pistes higher up in Peisey Vallandry were all ok, but if you are going into the stations, you are advised to ONLY use those pistes that are open as all others do not have enough snow and even those that are open have bare patches. Going down into Arc 1800 showed many bare patches and a number of closed pistes including the Race Stade due to lack of snow.

From the top of the Transarc we headed across to the Grand Col for another quick off piste blast and then back up the Plagnettes Chair and down the Bordercross for a bit of fun. Down the 'Edelweiss' piste and back up the Marmottes Chair, Varet and Aiguilles Rouge. Then down towards Villaroger. When we arrived at the bottom of the Drosett Chair, the whole Villaroger section was blocked off and closed. This area will not re-open again this season. Very sad news!!

Finally we headed down through Arc 2000 and Arc 1950 to arrive at the Bois de l'ours Chair. Up the chair and down to the waterslide at the Altiport (did it again and still dry) via the off piste to the side of the 'Clair Blanc' red piste. Over to the Clocheret Chair. From the top all the way down to Arc 1600 via the 'Clocheret' red and the 'Cachette' red pistes. Then home!

The snow in the Arc 2000 bowl is still very good and the 'on or off' piste at the Grand Col and Robert Blanc area are in ok condition for most of the day. However, the top of the Grizzly Chair on the Peisey Vallandry plateau, the area near the Arpette ridge going down towards the snow park and wateslide plus the area near the Clocheret Chair on the Blue and Red runs or off piste are also ok.

The Comborciere valley and piste is now nearly impossible due to lack of snow as is the Droset area. The Malgovert forest piste is closed, but passable with care (many rocks).

I hope you enjoyed reading the description of todays 'Grand Tour'. Took 7 hours with only a short break for lunch, but really fun and had everything from soft snow to hard packed pistes, spring snow off piste and slush. Plus a few bushes, tree roots, rocks and a bit of mud. More to follow tomorrow. !!

Overall, in summary: For those coming out in the next week or if you have arrived already. You can expect the pistes to be hard compact snow with icy patches in the mornings and soft slushy snow in the afternoons with many wet places. When going into stations stick to pistes which are marked as open or you may well run out of snow. Remember that Champagny Station (you can down lift here) and Villaroger station (you CANNOT down lift here) are now closed.

Off piste is better done in the morning when the snow is firm and follow the sun to avoid re-frozen boiler plate, but move away before it becomes too soft to avoid any danger of avalanches, falling into hidden holes or rock slides.

If the promised rain/snow does arrive in the next few days, this could add an icy layer to the snow surface in the mornings when it re-freezes, but it may also speed up the destruction of the snow conditions. We will all have to hope it snows rather than rains!

Hope you all have a good week. More up-dates to follow as the week progresses.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134900026541300&v=photos&ref=ts
ski holidays
Arteta10 wrote:
Just got back today from a fabulous week in Arc 1800. We were lucky as we had snow on the first and third nights. Got to say conditions are fine. Yes it was slushy in towards 1800 but above that very impressed considering. Have to say i felt the runs above peisey and vallandry were in far better nick, maybe they get less sun or maybe the pisting is better but some lovely conditions to be had. It's v warm in the day time but great to ski in.

Arteta10 wrote:
Had two powder mornings and found lots of good safe off piste. In summary, first time in Les Arcs super resort, loads of varied skiing. I could imagine during a good season the runs around tree lines would be magical.Conditions are still fine. Lots of great skiing to be had, no need to worry if you are out in the next couple of weeks and enjoy. Little Angel

Ditto ...
latest report
Hi, Its Mrs Codger here. Codger Jr was supposed to do the snow report tonight but has pleaded illness with what sounds like a viral illness so has been packed off to bed tanked up with paracetamol. No whingeing allowed tomorrow when we go off skiing!
We arrived on the Eurostar on Sat evening. I was worried after seening people trackside sunbathing in bikinis near Chambery. I had nearly heat exhaustion walking from the station to the funicular.Not good!
Anyway, we have come here to ski so on the Sunday, we were out at 9.30 skiing as one does on a skiing holiday. The pistes started off as boiler plate, which is not surprising as we had read Snowcrazy's reports. We had a good giggle laughing at each other's bad technique until the magic hour (noon) when the pistes softened and we had a fab hour or so on good well maintained, forgiving pistes. Could have been longer but Codger jr needed lunch.We met up with Snowcrazy after lunch and did the Aguille Rouge glacier and the Robert Blanc piste. They were in good condition but a bit heavy in the ambient temps which was not a great surprise.
Today, it was a bad start as it was raining in 1950 but we thought we would go out anyway (we are here to ski!!!!) and went over to La Plagne with some friends and even managed to convince Snowcrazy to leave his pit. We had a ball! The piste to the Vanoise were surpringly well maintained and over in La Plagne, again, we were pleasantly surprised. We did a selection of pistes (don't ask me which as i am only a mere female) but had a good laugh down the cowboys and indians gully. We had a good lunch at the Roc de Blanchets in Champagny and then made our way back to LA.There was a lot of blasting going on in LA and and the Arpette ridge was shut which meant bus journeys back to 1950 for some.
Tomorrow we are off to do the Bellecote glacier so I will make Codger jr do the report after.
snow conditions
codger, Great to hear you're having a great time.. Look forward to Codger jrs report 2moz..

Al'
ski holidays
Any more news? We head out on Saturday.
snow conditions
Take trunks and a snorkel. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Hi, its Mrs Codger and Codger Jr doing a joint report.
Yesterday, we went over to La Plagne to do the glacier. It was a blue sky day so lots of suncream on.The pistes over to the Vanoise were a bit crusty at 9.30 but again, well maintained. We then went through La Plagne to get up to the glacier. Sorry, we don't do piste names. It was about 11ish when we got up there and went down an off piste route down the front.The snow had decrusted by then and was pleasant. We then went up the gondola again and did the off piste route down the Bellecote bowl (again very pleasant and deserted) and then to lunch at the Roche de Mio restaurant. Don't worry, we were being looked after by Snowcrazy and had the appropriate kit. We had a quick detour to look at the Petit face nord but we girls were iffy about the 30 minute walk to get out at Nancroix so that was a non starter for this holiday. We then did Inversens (and the Inversens gully) after lunch which was fun before heading back to LA. The pistes back were slushy but we have seen worse.
Today was spent at Tignes. We started off with some piste runs off the glacier as a warm up before heading off to do the Tour de Pramacou - easy route admittedly. However this involved climbing up some cliffy bit or other (Arrgh - climb? But we're female!! And it did look steep to us) before going down this face. Good snow and our tracks were the only ones there all day - we kept getting views of the face and obviously, no one else was silly enough to do this climb.We then had to climb up another bit (what? Twice in a day?) and then a bit more skiing before lunch in the sun (more suncream). Then a bit more skiing off piste before hitting the piste. We then played tourists and had out pictures taken at the Aguille Percee before heading off to the Folie Douce so that the old people (anyone not a teenager) with us could pretend they were young. Then back down to Val Claret and back to LA, tired but happy.Oh yes, we have seen it all today - literally. There was some guy skiing down towards Val Claret with not a stitch on. Good job he didn't fall over. Thank you Snowcrazy for a great day.
snow report
Thanks for the report Codgers.

Just packing to leave tomorrow night, can anyone tell me if there is a swimming pool at Arcs 1800 or any of the other villages?
snow report
bottom end of most piste's by the look of it.
ski holidays
hammerite, There are a number of private swimming pools around the different stations, but the only public pool is down in Bourg during the winter months. Not very good and they do need to improve this.

Good reports codgers, pleased you all enjoyed our days out.

Today I was in 'Les 3 Vallees' so no report from Les Arcs. I will give a full update tomorrow.
latest report
Hi Its Codger Jr and Mrs codger again. We skied LA yesterday. It was HOT HOT HOT. Late 11am start and the pistes were already soft. We mainly did the 2000 bowl, the best run being the run from the Aguille Rouge. There werre no queues to get up there at 12.30 and we came down the black and then the red. As it was a lazy day, we gave up after lunch at the Mushroom cafe chilled out from 3pm. To those coming, don't bother with your down jacket and bring loads of Factor 50 suncream.
ski holidays
what has happened to the webcams in LA Puzzled Puzzled it looks like they have switched off the lower ones and just running the higher station cams this morning
snow conditions
Off in a few hours, thanks for the update codger, sunscreen packed Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We leave sunny Cornwall at 3pm today for Vallandry - been glued to the web cams all season long and the last couple of week's has been very depressing. I really do hope the conditions high up will suffice. I'm struggling with the concept of little snow and lots of sun......too late to pull out now!!! Confused
snow conditions
Thanks snowcrazy, I may take the trunks and towel out of the case to save a few grams!

Thanks for the update again codger, we have sunscreen!
latest report
Like snowcrazy I am generally optimistic about the higher pistes in the resort, and having had some of the ebst skiing ever in early MArch, despite the doom and gloom on here, try to remain that way.

However, I heard from the valley today (my accountant) that they are considering closing some of / all of? 1600 after 16th unless the snow picks up Sad
latest report
The snow is going fast!! Sorry to bring you the following news but here is my report for today Crying or Very sad

With the very warm temperatures we have been having in the last few days and with more very warm days to come things do not look very good for Les Arcs!

Today I was very disappointed to find that it seems Les Arcs have given up trying to keep the Arc 1600 and Arc 1800 areas open. Having skied across the whole domain from Arc 1600 to Mont Albert and back to Arc 1950 this is what I found.

In Les Arcs 1600 area: The bottom of the Cachette Chair is in a very bad condition and has no snow, only a carpet to get on the lifts. Most pistes are boiler plate first thing in the morning and slush with many bare patches and nasty rocks coming through later in the day. The following pistes around Arc 1600 are now closed. Deux Tetes (black), Malgovert (red), Rouelles (black), Arolles (red), Gollet (blue), top of Belvedere (blue), Muguet (black), Comborciere (black). All areas below Funi to Les Grange. The beginner area in Arc 1600 is also in very bad condition. The Belvedere piste between the Arpette restaurant and the Arpette lift is now covered with straw and has many rocks coming through as I found to my cost early this morning (there were not even any warning signs first thing today to let you know).

I believe it is very likely that they will close this area during the next few days and send all those coming up the Funi or staying in Arc 1600 round by bus to either Arc 2000 or Arc 1800. This has not yet been confirmed, but if you are coming out to this station or staying down in the valley, be warned, this may happen very soon.

In Arc 1800 area: The bottom part of the Belvedere piste is passable, but only just coming into the lifts at the station where there is only a carpet rather than snow. Gollet (blue) link with Arc 1600 is closed. The beginners area in Arc 1800 is usable, but in poor condition. The majority of pistes are now closed or not worth trying to use including Fond Blanc (black), Clair Blanc (red), Col des Frettes (red), Golf (red), Carreley (red) etc. The snowpark is now in a very poor condition and the waterslide was closed due to lack of snow around the safety area when we arrived there this afternoon.

I also believe that it is very likely they will close this area during the next few days and send all those coming to stay in Arc 1800/1850 over to Arc 2000 bowl by the Trans Arc gondola or a long bus ride. To return to this station they may well say you must go down by the Transarc gondola only or by bus.

In Peisey Vallandry area: The bottom of Vallandry has little snow and the lift was closed today. I understand you must use the Grizzly chair to get up onto the mountain. In Peisey, the main chair out is still running, but there is now a carpet at the bottom rather than snow. Most pistes are now closed in this area and there are only the Ours (red) or Plan Peisey (blue) open to reach the Vanoise Express. To reach Vallandry you are advised to down lift or take the Aigle (red) which is still passable, just.

I also believe that it is very likely they will close this area during the next few days and send all those coming to stay in Peisey Vallandry area over to Arc 2000 bowl by the bottom lifts mentioned and then the Derby Chair and Trans Arc gondola mid station or a long bus ride. To return from Arc 2000, they must keep at least the Grand Renard (blue) top of the Reches (red) and Renard (blue) usable if this area is to remain open.

In the Arc 2000 area: The main lifts in the bowl are all still running, but the Pre Saint Esprit area is now closed. Also the Villaroger area. The snow in the Arc 2000 area is much better, but still becomes very slushy later in the day.

Having also skied across the La Plagne area today it is sad to say that it appears in the Les Arcs area they have now given up the fight to keep Arc 1600, 1800 and most of Peisey Vallandry areas open even though there is still snow around that I would have thought they could move onto the pistes as they were doing in most areas of La Plagne that we visited today.

My advice now is that if your tour operator gives you the choose of changing your dates to another period next (season) year you might be advised to take this choice or come to Les Arcs expecting very poor conditions with very few pistes open and very limited off piste unless you go to La Plagne most days so that you are not disappointed.

Sorry to be bring you such bad news, but I have always said, when I consider the conditions are poor I would be honest and say they are. It is now becoming very hard to be positive, although one young visitor tonight did tell me he has still had a good holiday this week and had great fun. So all is not lost and if you are still coming out, think positive, it is still better than being in the office, JUST!!

I do think the Les Arcs piste authority could be trying harder to keep areas open longer as we have seen they are doing in La Plagne, Val d'Isere, Tignes, and most areas of Les 3 Vallees. Poor show Les Arcs, you really need to be doing more. I hope to see an improvement in your efforts during the next few days. Unmarked dangers on the pistes and little effort to keep the main links open really is not good enough!

Tomorrow we are over in La Plagne again so I will provide a more detailed outline for that half of the Paradiski area after our day over that side. For those that are coming out, get the full pass so that you have the chance to find better snow conditions.
snow conditions
Hi Its the Codgers again. We can only comment about the 2000 bowl as this is what we skied yesterday, both on and off piste. We had a 9.30 start. It was so hot that some of the pistes were already beginning to soften, as was some of the off piste. We lapped the Arcabulle (piste and off piste) and for a change, went and did the Boarder Cross which was in good condition.At midday, we moved on to the grand col area and did a few runs of hard icy moguls (character forming) and then went in as it was a friend's birthday. The pistes themselves in the bowl are still fine but I would agree with Snowcrazy that 1600 is not good at the moment. Mrs Codger is delighted as she has been let off doing the waterslide this season!
latest report
livetoski wrote:
what has happened to the webcams in LA Puzzled Puzzled it looks like they have switched off the lower ones and just running the higher station cams this morning

They are still working, they just don't want you to see how bad it looks in parts. Not sure if I was going out now I would bother paying for a lift pass, enjoy the sun and do some walking?

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=412&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=411&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=408&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
snow report
Skied 2000 all last week and found it just about good enough to have fun. However, Thurs/Fri showed a marked change with very hard snow/icy surface early on quickly becoming heavy, wet and slushy after 11am. Lower runs useless. 1600 and 1800 becoming very limited indeed, almost all runs very patchy now. We had a good week but I think it may have been the last. That said, there is still a decent(ish) skiable area above 2000.

Skied Tignes on Thurs and found it to be about 10 times as good, probably some of the best snow in France right now. If you can, go there...
latest report
just had an amazing week out in les arcs....2000 bowl is fine, 1800 becoming patchy but could still get down without a problem. LOADS of rocks though, my skis got a severe beating.

Beware, Manchester uni are out this week...they are crazy. One of them has already been sent home for jumping off the ferry on the way Very Happy
snow report
BiG_tYrOnE wrote:
Beware, Manchester uni are out this week...they are crazy. One of them has already been sent home for jumping off the ferry on the way Very Happy

Wow. Them students, they're, like, so whacky and crazy.
snow conditions
Hello there dear snowheads, its Codger Jr. here!

Today we had a little trip over to La Plagne, the snow was icy on the way down to the vanoise but the actual pistes were in very good condition without any bare patches! (unlike other places!) On the other side the pistes were okay, the snow was a little softer. We headed up to the Roche de Mio glacier, belcote bowl still in okay condition, I think, although we did do it when the snow was still pretty hard and icy! after we finished the off piste for the day we went for lunch in Champagny, I don't know what the actual restaurant is called but it has really nice pesto pasta and a good view of a resort which i cant remember the name of. The snow was very soft by the time that we had finished lunch, there were mini water slides appearing aswell, go fast enough so that you get across if you do try and do them, I personally did not do any as I could not be bothered! We then returned to the Les Arcs side and saw how bear the pistes were, I personally think that the pistes in la Plagne ar much better kept so if you would like a bit of variety venture out on a trip, unfortunately that often means getting up earlier than 10 am, I know so shocking! Stopped of at the bulle cafe for a drink before going home aswell!

if any of you do know snowcrazy you may want to know that he fell over.... TWICE! *gasp!* apparently it is something to do with being on the wrong skis but i personally think that a good skier should be able to ski on any skis! haha!

Well that is my report for today so I will update again tomorrow! thank you snow crazy for the day out!

Au revoir

Codger Jr. Very Happy
snow report
codger, excellent report! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
snowcrazy, thank you for your extremely useful report. Just arrived in 1800 and busy working out access to pistes. Short walk onto Chantel last night said it all.

codger, another excellent snowHead report! Sounds like La Plagne might be better.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy