Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2010 / 2011 Snow Reports

Poster: A snowHead
tuxpoo, Yes a quite day at work does necessitate a discussion on a new hut (saw it as well but I'm not that sad to post about a new hut Toofy Grin ) wink Laughing . The crane for the new building in Arc 2000 has come down, also looks like a decent bout of snow due in the next week so work will get difficult up top soon. Madeye-Smiley Cool Madeye-Smiley Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow, check out the Arpette cam image (will make no sense in about 1 hour) but amazing view of the whole of the Bourg valley covered in cloud. Scroll camera to the right

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=258&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

Same on Grizzly

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=260&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller, Brilliant Very Happy

Its a cloud Inversion BTW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inversion_(meteorology)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 15-10-10 9:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, wow that really is something, it was dark when I first checked the webcams this morning, how sad am I Blush
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
livetoski, Its oks, real men see their first cam image of the day in the dark Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
tuxpoo wrote:
Looks like a new hut. Any speculation on what it could be? loo?

I doubt it's a toilet as there are nice loos underneath the Piste Patrollers building right next to where that hut is being located. My guess is the hut is something to do with the new toboggan course which I think starts somewhere near there? Maybe that's where you will collect your toboggan?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A similar pic from
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HUT UPDATE....

The hut is in place. Cool

Bog all else happening though Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller,
Quote:

Bog all else happening though

Yep and thats exactly why I'll be out there in a week or so Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing, 6 and we'll be in Tignes slithering Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller, yes, Robs photos from a couple of weeks ago may cause a visit to Tignes Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Bog all else happening though Sad

Really? Looks like lots of work going on in 2000. There's a new building nearing completion next door to my place in Arc 1800, new lift being constructed to serve the Arc 1600 snowpark, new lift to serve the upper end of Peisey, and maybe other stuff going on.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing wrote:
thefatcontroller, yes, Robs photos from a couple of weeks ago may cause a visit to Tignes Toofy Grin

In half-term? You're a glutton for punishment! If you do go avoid the earlier part of the day. The first two or three trains up are like a zoo, but the afternoons are much quieter on the piste because most of the race clubs pack up around lunchtime.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Yep, last year we got there around 8am thus avoiding the scrum, there were some French national squad members up there as well, no idea who they were Embarassed but all were happy to sign autgraphs for the French kids.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, Get with it man, I've been on 24/7 2000 work watch. Thats next door to ours they are building Sad and they are going to build again across from it next summer here. By bog all happening I meant on 'hut watch' wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66382&start=80#1602973
snow conditions
8am? Too early IMO, that puts you straight in the middle of the queue for the first public train up. I wouldn't want to be on a funicular earlier than 9.30ish.
ski holidays
rob@rar, I meant get to Tignes for 8 ish then faffing then buying tickets, so probably more like 9 ish in the queue Laughing
ski holidays
Thanks for everyone who posted about the Cariboo, we are in Peisey in Jan with Esprit so will probably pop over to 1950 to take a look....

Cheers,
Peter
ski holidays
Hi guys What is the best (and cheapest!) way to get from Lyon airport to Les Arcs 2000 on Sunday 26th December for a family of 5?
Thanks Steve
snow report
snowmansteve, That's two questions.... best ain't cheapest. How long are you out for?
latest report
allanm, Unfortunately just a week will be going back the following Sunday 2nd Jan 2011. Ideally just need to know if I should hire a car, coach, etc. unfortunately trains not an option.
latest report
snowmansteve, In my view. especially with 5 and only gong for a week, hire a car. Trains from Lyon aren't particularly easy, car hire is, it's just as short free bus ride from terminal. They run every few minutes too. Have done this several times.
snow report
I see snow on the webcams and frost on my car this morning, Winter must be here now Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Any snow yet? Very Happy
ski holidays
Snowed down to about 1500m (in Sainte Foy) fairly steadily over the last couple of days. Trees are looking very pretty, but not really much (anything!) on the ground until you get to well over 2000m.
latest report
Seems to be a lot snow forecast for the coming week, over 20cm
snow conditions
My local spies tell me 10cm in 1950 village yesterday. Unlikely to stay, but getting the ground nice and cold...

oooh oooh.
snow conditions
JimW, Wish they would turn the bleeding camera on Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, spoke wth the Directeur (He's at the metro ski show today) - 'little glitch, no-one monitoring them since end of summer season, so hadn't noticed - thanks for input' - he's going to get it fixed / some to fix it when he gets back on Friday.
snow report
JimW, Excellent news, don't like the cams being turned of, makes me nervous Embarassed
ski holidays
Heavy rain at 1600m at the moment. Could be snowing higher up, but too claggy to see. Sad
snow report
Bit of a shame the forecast told me there would be snow Puzzled Sad

I just hope up a bit higher there is a some snowage Smile
ski holidays
http://www.bluebar.fr/videos.html

Blur bar showing plenty of snow down at 1800

and even plenty down at 1600

http://www.lesarcsnet.com/webcam/les_arcs/103

Cool Cool
latest report
still snowing Very Happy Very Happy my secret live controlable web cam looks good this morning even at 1600m
snow report
A solid 10cm or more overnight at 1600m (in Sainte Foy!).
latest report
I have a question, which is probably quite generic... We've been monitoring the package holiday we want - Les Arcs, Hotel du Golf, leaving on 20th Dec from Birmingham, this last week it has gone back up by £50 when it had been coming down. Should we buy it up now, or is this a ploy to get us to buy now rather than later?

Although we would love to go back to les Arcs, we have another week we want to go skiing (end of Jan/Feb) which we were thinking would make more sense to go to one of the more expensive resorts, as the prices are overall cheaper that week and therefore there would be greater savings to be had, but we are happy to go to another resort if necessary, so all would not be lost if this holiday went.... on the other hand, if they are all going to do that, for peace of mind I might prefer to book sooner.

Waffle, waffle rolling eyes Laughing

I'd like to know your thoughts if anyone has any advice?

I think I am just getting impatient again snowHead
snow conditions
Just have time for a quick catch up, soon be back in the mountains. It really has started to snow in Les Arcs. Check out the webcams.

http://www.lesarcsnet.com/webcam/les_arcs/103 1600 a few minutes ago.

and http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=259&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

at top of transarc a minute later. Seems these are the only ones working.

I hope it stays cold so it lasts. Anyone out right now as it is your half term.

NSB1977, you just have to take your chance, it depends on how much they sell and if they have empty beds to fill. If the current snow stays and we get more snow could be a very good start to the season, but it is 6 weeks before lifts open yet so nobody really knows. On past seasons, if the snow stays they put prices up as they will sell the beds, but in the current market Toofy Grin it is crystal ball time I guess Very Happy might be good late deals, might not. Sorry, not sure I have been much help really.
snow report
At home with a stinking cold - this has really cheered me up thank you.
snow conditions
There is a pick up truck at the top now on the web cam - that must have been a fun drive!
ski holidays
monotokpoint, now that does look like fun, 2 people and two dogs, looks like they drove over to the Grand Col as well, must have be 4x4 with chains or maybe winter tyres,

Think I am might want to be skiing back down tho Little Angel Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy