Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

American ski writer condemns luxury chairlift

Poster: A snowHead
Megan Michelson wants less bubbles and more balls:

http://espn.go.com/action/freeskiing/blog/_/post/5528328/are-skiers-too-damn-pampered
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i love it, there is one in the portes du soleil, maybe in Champoussin but it is probably the lowest of all the lifts there which is very odd. You would have thought they would be located high where its windy and colder. Obviously i dont think that every lift should have these, but the long ones where its that cold nobody speaks and you are nearly frozen solid by the summit should have them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Might be handy for when the boogers break down and leave you swinging in a gale Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
First of its kind in America?? There's squillions of them in Austria!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WTF is "to schralp"?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I challenge him not to change his mind after sitting on Inversens (La Plagne) stop-start it's way up the hill for 20 minutes on a day where it was minus 20 before windchill - and blowing a gale.

It very nearly ruined my day trip over there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think I'm a bit claustrophobic/scared of heights - used to be a lot - chairlifts were my saving grace. I LOVE being in chairlifts, it's all about the fresh air and the amazing twinkle of the snow.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andyph,check out http://shralp.com/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyph,or
1. schralp
v.,n.,adj.(sh'ralp) To aggressively negotitate terrain using any manner of vehicle. schralped, schralper, schralping, schralpingest
1. Did you see Hermann Maier schralp that gnar line down the super g course?

2. The Hermannator was schralping before he flipped out going 4 billion.
shred kill destroy annihilate skate
by Dkwhad Aug 31, 2006 share this
2. schralp 6 up, 6 down
buy schralp mugs, tshirts and magnets
The word for the sound and act of hauling ass over pool coping on a skateboard. It's not grinding on top of the coping in a 50-50, but slashing through the side of it.
Adrian Mallory was schralping the poo-poo out of the Kona bowl.
bowl pool skateboarding skate hesh gnar gnarly pabst fun music happiness freedom
by anonymous8 Mar 4, 2007 share this
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cathy wrote:
There's squillions of them in Austria!

Plenty of them across the Schralps, in fact.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David E Goldsmith, who cares please start a blog and go away
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, don't goad him into poor behaviour... so far so good...

These lifts are ancient 'technology'.

Slow snow news day all round!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flangesax, i have been told off so will go away me self
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was surprised by the standard of the lift facilities of some of the most exclusive American resorts this March. In Vail and Aspen Mountains the luxury chairlifts could be timber battens covered with a removable cushion. Many chairlifts have no foot rest. No wonder they get excited to find something shielding the weather and warming their bums.

Despite the lift facilities from the bottom league they charge premium rates for the ski passes though. By the European standard their resort owners have got away with murder!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No hot chocolate machine? I'm distinctly unimpressed!

I have to agree with the article though. Would much rather be experiencing everything first hand.
snow report
saikee wrote:
I was surprised by the standard of the lift facilities of some of the most exclusive American resorts this March. In Vail and Aspen Mountains the luxury chairlifts could be timber battens covered with a removable cushion. Many chairlifts have no foot rest. No wonder they get excited to find something shielding the weather and warming their bums.

Despite the lift facilities from the bottom league they charge premium rates for the ski passes though. By the European standard their resort owners have got away with murder!

Some lifts do not have safety bars and people sometimes ride them without bringing the bar down. They argue that is actually safer as people are aware of the dangers and thus sit back and concentrate during the ride.

They argue that a safety bar gives a false sense of security as it is often possible for a child to slide under it.

An example

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory?id=9561095
latest report
I'll let you all know what its like when we get back next March Toofy Grin

I'm probably not going to be impressd with it, wasnt fussed over the ones in St. A. Not really any need for them after all skiing is an outdoor sport Madeye-Smiley
latest report
saikee, if you mean US hills haven't crammed yet every last square meter of piste full of skiers by putting express 6-packs by the side of every blue run - you are right.

US/Canadian Resorts vary - some have foot rests on nearly everything - and certainly all the detachables. Others only the express lifts.

And the first bubble protected express chair I ever rode, I believe, was in Vail 20 years ago.

Me - I prefer to ride up a bit slower sometimes if it allows me more room on the slopes Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy