Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

too long?

Poster: A snowHead
I just bought a pair of Salomon X-Scream that are 180cm. I'm about 5'10" and 145lbs. Are these skis too long for me??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
are you really from wisconsin? you do know this site is in England wink where do you ski in CheeseHead land?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it's called the UK actually.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yea, I'm from Wisconsin. no i didn't know this site was in England, but skiing is skiing. There are a number of skis areas around where I live, including Afton Alps, which i guess is know pretty well.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WisconBackCountry, long skis truck, short skis suck
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
x screams are pretty old but should be fine , isnt Afton in Minnesota? how about devils head or indian river ever ski those
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WisconBackCountry, 5'10" and 145lbs?!?!?! Get some pies down your neck, you'll be fine. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably too long, but depends how good you are and how fast you want to hammer it. I am taller and heavier than you, solid intermediate that hammers it a bit, and I'm on a 167. But it is down to personal taste - I used a 174 last season and found it just too long to chuck about and have fun on.

If you've already bought them though, you've already taken the hit if you sell them secondhand, so you may as well ski them and see how they feel.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm the same height but a little bit heavier and ski 177s but they are fairly fattish at 98mm underfoot. The extra length really helps with stability at speed so if you like hooning it you should find them great.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret wrote:
x screams are pretty old but should be fine , isnt Afton in Minnesota? how about devils head or indian river ever ski those

yea afton is in Minnesota, as well as welch village. No I've never skied devils head or indian river.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So does the width of the ski make a significant difference in speed? Mine are Tip 105, Waist 65, Tail 94.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes - skinny skis exert more pressure downwards on the snow, which generates more friction, so they're slower. Your skis will be slower than a 3-legged donkey. Maybe. Or maybe not.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hahah nice one! LOL Very Happy Well I'm fine with that, I'm not a speed demon. They are 180cm though, and I'm not the biggest dude in the world um....at all.....I'm 5'10" 145lbs...so i though the length would balance out the thin width of the skis.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999, ???

WisconBackCountry, as said, X-screams are a little dated. But were the reference easy carver in, around, 1999. They're about the right length for their day, but you'd be buying something a bit shorter if you were buying new - think chin height.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name, NehNeh
snow report
Oh wow, they're really that old? I didn't know that when I bought them. However, I got them on eBay for about $100, and they were in like-new condition so i thought that was a good price. Will newer boots still fit the bindings on the X-Screams??
latest report
WisconBackCountry wrote:
Will newer boots still fit the bindings on the X-Screams??

Yes, boot sole design hasn't changed
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy