Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bootfitter near Wakefield?

Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions for a good bootfitter near wakefield?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mally, Yep just pop down the motorway to Bicester to see Colin at www.solutions4feet.co.uk but be sure to book, ifirc he is currently fully booked until October! (Indicative of his reputation methinks!)
Also whilst having your boots fitted expertly your family can spend at least twice or more than you at Bicester Designer outlet shopping village Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mally, You could find out whether Julian still works at Ellis Brigham in the Xscape mall.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glide and Slide in Otley fitted mine - excellent service IMO.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mally, If you can travel then book in with Graham at Rivinton alpine, reccomended by CEM (Colin Martin at Solutions4feet)

Rivington Alpine,83/7 Winter Hey lane,Horwich,BOLTON,Lancashire,BL6 7PA
t: 01204 668 220

Do allow 4hrs for your fitting though as he is very methodical and your initial impressions about fit may well change in that time like mine did. A totally different experience to my first 'fitting' experince at S&R where it was all about finding places where the boots 'rubbed'......they only rub because they are too big. I am now in a pair smaller than my foot measurement but which are properly fitted, give me a way better response and are pain free (once i'm in them anyway Toofy Grin ). You will be kept going with plenty of tea/coffee and chatter in a very friendly shop.

Graham will make sure you get a pair of boots that will improve your skiing. He can also look at any alignment issues you may have.
(If you had told me before i went that i would be able to tell the difference between standing on a 1/2 degree shim and a 1 degree shim i would have thought you were mad)

Be aware he may be moving to a larger unit soon so keep an eye on the website.

You can then take your new boots the 14miles down the road and get a couple of hours at chill factore.

Having said that he is in Lancashire and your Yorkshire passport may not allow travel there Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

you could try Glide and slide in Otley, but Im not sure if anyone has any experience of their fitters
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

you could try Glide and slide in Otley, but Im not sure if anyone has any experience of their fitters Wed 01 Sep, 10
09:57

Apart from me, in the post immediately yours Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajpaul, Im a very very slow typest it is true Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc wrote:
mally, You could find out whether Julian still works at Ellis Brigham in the Xscape mall.

I think he still does some work there, but hes at uni fuill time IIRC. As you say give them a bell to find out.

Hes pretty good and did come well reccomended wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Julian, is in on some weekends AFAIK........ he is at Uni doing podiatry
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
get to xscape.... you can get boots fit and do a couple hours ski.... then get back in for a tweek or two
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Graham at Rivington Alpine is excellent! Sorted me out with some perfect fitting boots and managed to correct my wifes numb feet problems. I also hear good things about glide'n'slide, including fully custom made boots if you want to spend big bucks, although have not used their boot fitting services personally.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Again not used Glide and Slide personally but a colleague has and was very impressed with the service
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try Glide and Slide - Steve Hankin knows what he's doing with all things boots.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mally, if Mosha Marc is referring to the Julian who was at Centre Sports in the dim & distant then he gets my vote too.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
midgetbiker, that's the one. Small bloke, loads of hair wink
snow report
Thanks for replies.............appreciated
snow conditions
severn sports Leeds
snow conditions
"midgetbiker, that's the one. Small bloke, loads of hair wink"

I was just about to say that that is not the description I would give, then I saw the smiley !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy