Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go at christmas and february???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Im looking for some advice on wheres good to spend some ski holidays.

I'm looking at the week beginning 26th / 27th December 2010 and the week of the 19th Feb 2011 (Im a PE teacher and my dates arent flexible unfortunately).

All of the cheap deals I seem to find are in bulgaria - i might just be looking in the wrong places!!

Im the last couple of years I've skiied germany, austria (mayrhofen), zermatt and andorra and managed to get them all relatively cheap (around the £400 - £450 mark).

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Many thanks

Stuart
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

All of the cheap deals I seem to find are in bulgaria - i might just be looking in the wrong places!!

No, you're looking at the wrong times. wink Basically, there aren't any cheap deals in those peak weeks. However, have a look at the thread about UCPA - they don't seem to load their prices for the school holidays too much.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stuie79,
Here is a link (assuming you work in England) that will give you the holiday dates
of all schools in England - some up to 2015, some up to 2008 ??? (hmmm, aint that why we pay our taxes Toofy Grin )

http://local.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedirect/MapLocationSearch.do?map=1&LGSL=36&LGIL=8

Use this to book your next trip as soon as it comes out - you'll get it "much" cheaper.
Sorry we can't offer you anything as fully booked for half term next year, but if you shop around (try ThomasCook.com) you'll find something.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a good cheap weeks skiing in Madessimo, Itlay, one Christmass week about 5 years ago. I paid £500 for a week in a single room... sharing a double would have been much cheaper. Its a smaller resort, fairly quiet, and about 60Km of piste I think... would suit most juniors and intermediates... I don't remember any seriously difficult runs, I dont remember there being many blacks at all, most blues and a few reds.
In my experience, Italy is always cheaper... I also had a week at Passo Tonale about 4 years ago, it cost me £350 for a single room with First Choice, and that was over the New Year week. That was a bad year for snow in Passo, as it was in many places... and there was alot of green fields with white stipes of man-made snow when I arrived in resort. It did get better shortly after though with about 300mm falling during the week. Last year I think Passo had one of the best snow records ever... like 2.5m on the mountains and 1m at resort.
My advice for late December is to try and go for a high resort, about 1400m or so... I always ski around Christmas to mid Jan, and I always look for high up snow sure resorts.. it is worth maybe paying a bit extra for peace of mind that the skiing will be guaranteed. At that time of year I would certainly avoid the lower Austrian resorts below 1000m... they tend to be be very cheap.. like Mayerhoffen, Niederau, etc... but not so snow sure... there are some higher and snowsure resorts in Austria such as Obergurgl, Obertauern, St Anton and maybe Solden... but they tend to be quite a bit more expensive.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wayne, he's a teacher....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is Folgarida the new La Rosiere? Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy