Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Red eggs Les Gets - an oeuf's enough

Poster: A snowHead
I'm not sure of their exact age but it's fair to say that these were long overdue for replacement. Lots of work still to be done before the beginning of the season. Bottom station has virtually been demolished and looks like new pylons going in too, probably once the VTT has finished in a couple of weeks.

If anyone's worried about Les Gets losing some of its heritage - the slogan is 'Tout va changer sauf la couleur' and the new ones look good, will be 6 seater, have less opportunity for things to fall out and will, of course, be red Cool

And a last goodbye...

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
awwww! Has the whole system been sold or are they selling any individually?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was in Les Gets last week and was chatting to one of our local friends(Yvan Le Tissier) and he confirmed that the lifts were around 35 years old.

He also said that him and his sister were the first people ever to use the lift, catching the lift from the top of the Chavannes(they used to live in a chalet on the site of The Yeti restaurant), down to school which was down in the village in those days.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
firebug, there were three left at the top (on Sunday anyway) and the rest were taken off on the backs of lorries. There are some at the bric a broc (?sp) as you come down the mountain on the left into Taninges. I would love one but the logistics are too great for us. If I had a local place with a garden I would be tempted. If it came here it would look a bit out of sorts although I would love to see our neighbours faces Toofy Grin Anyway I wasn't driving yesterday when we went past and my comments about stopping to 'just ask' fell on completely deaf ears.

garyscott20, what a lovely way to get to school! My eldest admitted to me last week that it was quite normal practice (when he started skiing in group lessons) for the instructors to wedge the door open with a foot so that they could have a smoke on the way up.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wow I'm over next week, we might make a detour!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Will keep an eye on progress over the next three weeks....

When we went up Mt Chery yesterday afternoon to the top on the Pointe chairlift - it got increasingly cold, and by the time we got off it was.. snowing!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pamski, Shocked Laughing

I'm pleased that you at least got out yesterday, it was so grim when we left. We stopped briefly in Cluses and it was quite chilly even there at 9am. Although it's a lovely day here today, there is no doubt that autumn has arrived, very nippy last night/morning.

firebug, let me know how much (purely out of interest Toofy Grin )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
End of an era, but about time. New cabins look like a great improvement. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lou, our friend Yvan said he wasn't too happy with travelling in the red egg to school. Before the lift he used to ski down to school......He said sometimes he arrived at school, but most times he got lost on the way Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
garyscott20, Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was just out riding Les Gets yesterday. Looks like they are well on with the job now. Several of the concrete foundations are in.

I also spotted something very interesting! The Chamosserie (sp?) where you have the nice viewpoint out to Mont Blanc, and also in my opinion pretty much the best piste in the PDS. I barely ever ski over to Les Gets Morzine, but if I do its for that one piste, on some GS skis its just awesome, steep rollers and pretty long. Anyways, enough blabbing, they are putting in a new chair to service the peak! Its heading up a ridge line to the right hand side of the original (and very very slow) chair. So skiers left of the current black run and skiers right of the awesome piste.

Finally some decent development in Les Gets, I think the skiable terrain there is great but the lift network is so slow! Thats why I rarely venture further than Pre La Joux/Les Lindarets/Avoriaz even Les Crosets has a pretty decent uplift.

Its very good news though!

Also, Chatel have released the plans for the Super Chatel - Linga connection to the public. The only undecided fact is whether to make a chair or bubble. So that will be going in next summer, unfortunately it appears there is no plan to replace the peak chairs in Pre La Joux as its not a priority. The lift going in via Chatels lake is pretty big, been talked about for at least 4 years or so. I cant wait, there will be a whole new off piste bowl opened up aswell!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
R555MAC, from what I understood regarding the new Chamoissiere lift is that it is going to start right down at the bottom of the red, doing away with the rather steep drag lift that is there currently. Not sure 100% sure if that is correct, but that is what I grasped with my fairly limited French. Also the arrival station for the new lift is going to be slightly lower, meaning a bit of a hike for anyone wanting to access the offpiste to the left when going up on the old chair.

I stand to be corrected though. Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
R555MAC, garyscott20, that's what the diggers were doing on the Arbis then Laughing At least if the new chair is quicker then the people on it won't get too long to watch me make a hash of Le Creux like last time Embarassed
I love the Arbis, often tricky but still love it Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Garyscott, that is exactly how it appeared, it does begin lower. Hard to say where it will end, but did look to be slightly lower. So happy they are changing it, literally ski the red and straight back up for another, perfect! Ill be heading over nice and early next season to enjoy that piste.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 3-09-10 15:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cheers for the updates guys, heading to Morzine + Les Gets in January

Last went in 2007 and remember getting the classic little red egg a few times Happy
snow report
Am I the only person who is a bit pissed off that they have removed the drag at the bottom of Choucas. This will just add further load onto tronc which surely must be the next chair to be replaced as it is bloody dangerous in Feb.
snow report
anderoo,

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=64996
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy