Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Size 14 feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My sister and boyfried are planning on going ski-ing next year. 17th Feb to be exact!!!

Both are pretty new to it although sis did a bit when she was younger. Her boyfreiend has size 14 feet and is 6ft 8in (No comments please Very Happy ) Is he likely to have problems renting equipment?

Any resort recommendations?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, yes but if emails the hire shop as soon as he sorts his resort that'll enable them to ensure they have the right size boots. He'd better make sure the hotel/chalet has big enough beds! Choice of resort where else but La Rosiere, for an unbiased view see Frosty the Snowman's post re his visit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David@traxvax,

There is a Belfast-Geneva flight starting this summer, but do you know if they plan to run it through the winter????
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tell him just to wax his feet up, wouldnt bother with skis
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey I've got size 14 feet, and although I've only been skiing abroad twice, I've had no problems what so ever. Just make sure he asks for a euro 50, they'll understand tht more, but he should be fine!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FREAKS
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year when I was in Schladming/Haus, a guy in our group with size 13 feet had to try a number of shops before he was fixed up. As David@traxvax says, phone or email ahead to be sure.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy, He absolutely MUST reserve size 14 boots in advance. Not many shops stock very large boots, and (at least here) they pass them around as needed. Up to 11 or 12 is OK, but bigger is unusual.

The fellow may also experience problems learning to ski with his balance (depends on how athletic he is). The only person that tall that I' ve taught did have some balance problems. He got it in the end though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
One of our ski hosts in La Rosiere was a 6ft 7in Aussie called Richard. Skiing seemed to be no problem to him, in fact (best brummie accent) "he was considerably better tnam me" wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got size 13 feet, and must admit rental equipment tended to be old and battered and particularly ill fitting. I bought some size 31 Salomons that did the trick for the last few years, but will be looking for a rplacement pair at the beginning of next season.

My experience of rental gear for larger feet has been poor and painful.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy