Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I think I like...new BASI website

Poster: A snowHead
Well first impressions are that it is way better than what was there previously.

Im sure i will find something irritating in a while Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.BASI.org.uk
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sooo much better, the last one could not have been more boring really! Hopefully its not buggy at all.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm members area still has the original page. Guess its under construction for a new layout?
The rest, like course info etc, is so much easier to use now!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, better for sure. Surprised by the course fee's.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good to hear first reactions are positive.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definitely better yes.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
beanie1,

What is a 'BASI Community Rep' ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
About time the last one was crap
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
david@mediacopy, do you consider them to be expensive? The big cost ends up being travel/accommodation and ski passes. I will be getting a season pass for verbier this season, I am spending over 4 weeks there for exams! Then you have the likes of race coach 2 in Hintertux, that one I am dreading the bills for, very pricey ski pass accommodation is not cheap and its over 600km from where I am based during the winter! I dont really like thinking about my L3 too much...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
R555MAC, They seem to have gone up a bit since the last time I looked. I'm toying with knocking some more of my L3 and as you say the cumulative costs are significant.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The exams are by no means cheap, the cost of every L3 exam (incl 2nd discipline, buying books and a language test) exceeds £2900 before transport kit etc etc
I have a list made up so that I can track what I have booked/passed and require accommodation/kit for without using the net at all. I have the total cost written down, hence coming up with the above figure. Im looking forward to getting the 3 out of the way and starting the 4! I have to have the 3 done within a certain time ideally, as I lose my stagiere status by the 2012/13 season and need to get to ISTD level (exams fee's of £1345 excl ET @ 55-150) with my Eurotest as soon as possible, which can be done within the next 2 seasons, if all goes to plan...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
R555MAC, Good luck with it all, getting much race training in?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
beanie1, it is significantly better. to be honest I hadnt realised that I could start working towards the EMS before completion of my ISIA but simply after completing the L3 mountain safety, the layout makes it much easier to read/understand course information. I also always forget about the written project for the L4, but I was reminded about it when using the improved layout. On that subject, can the dissertation be given to the office before completion of the L3 exams? I havent written one yet I am just curious as I have a lot of time on my hands between now and November and I can then spend some spare time next season working on it, and even talking to people in resort, depending on the subject choice.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stewart woodward,
Quote:

What is a 'BASI Community Rep' ?

I am BASI's representative online - letting them know what is being discussed about BASI in forums etc, and where appropriate I get information from the relevant people in the office in order to answer members' questions.

R555MAC,
Quote:

can the dissertation be given to the office before completion of the L3 exams?

Not sure, I'll ask. But I don't see any reason why you can't start it!
latest report
R555MAC, I spoke with Diane and she confirmed that yes, you can submit your L4 project before you’ve finished your L3.
snow report
OK great. I'll start to think about a title now. Hmm...
ski holidays
As somone who's looked at it a few times out of idle dreams/curiosity it's much better than before. Mind you that wasn't hard, all they had to do was put some info on the snowboarding qualifications on there.
snow conditions
The new Members' Area is now online.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy