Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

got skis for wife and bindings question...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of our skiing friends has very kindly donated a pair of skis to my wife.

They are Dynastar Exclusive 11xt and i think are maybe 3 or 4 years old... they've only had about 1 week of skiing on them though. They were a comp prize and rarely used.

They look perfect in length for her, but i've not been able to find much info on them to tell me if they'll be suitable for my wife who is probably good beginner/early intermediate level.

Only thing i need to get sorted are the bindings which are set up too short for her. They are Look bindings (not sure model number) and i've shifted the rear bindings back as far as they go but they're still a few mm too short. Looking at moving the toe piece, is it just a case of removing the four screws, taking off the toe binding to reveal the torx screws on the base plate, then shift that forward and then replace the toe binding? or... more realistically, how much should a shop charge to do something like this?

the skis are these ones

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From Google they seem to be aimed at higher end women skiers. I know Dynastar is really into the whole women's skis thing, Jeannie Thoren helped design them and I think she was partly responsible for popularising women's skis. This means the bindings will probably have quite a high heel and be further forward than on unisex skis. She may love this, obviously many women do, but some hate it so just something to bear in mind. There is probably lots of info on Jeannie Thoren's ideas online.

Sorry can't help on adjusting the bindings.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, I Googled them and found this review easily http://www.ski-review.com/ski_reviews/review/dynastar_exclusive_11_2007/ - have you had a good look online to find out about them?

Your wife sounds my sort of level - if that review above is anything to go by they sound OK for someone like us.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers for the link Megamum

i like this review!!!!

"On skis of this collection rolled repeatedly. In delight from their characteristics. For women it simply find. Management is magnificent. The design and weight made manufacturers leaves a heap of positive emotions. Model fine in every respect!!!"

going to have more of a dig around the web now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, I think those come with the Look NX bindings badged up as Dynastar (also the same as Rossi Axiums). Unscrew the toe piece & re-install in the appropriate holes to match her boot sole length - the various boot lengths should be engraved on the mounting plate but if they're not align the boot's centre line with that on the ski & position the toe binding to align with the front of the boot. Then set forward pressure by raising the tab on the rear of the heelpiece & adjusting it's fore/aft position until the black line is in the centre of the yellow window on the side of the heel when the boot's installed. Set dins & ya good to go.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shoogly, N.B. It's always nice to be on the receiving end of good gifted skis wink Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, thanks for the top tip. Very Happy sounds exactly right. just need to get some decent torx keys to undo the screws Very Happy

Megamum, you are not kidding!!!!!!

skiing is great... skiers who look out for each other are even better Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy