Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thinking of maybe Kitzbuhel in January, any advice...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi.

I'm thinking of going on a group ski hol some time in January to Kitzbuhel. I'd be really grateful if you could tell me what the pros and cons are of this resort. Kitzbuhel is a legendary resort, but is it good for a mix of beginners-advanced? And whats the atmosphere like?

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll need to watch out for the Hahnenkamm race weekend (21 to 23 January) as it will be absolutely packed then (town that is, the slopes that aren't closed are actually quite quiet).

The town, with a walled medieval centre, is quite Austrian glam, with some amazing hotels. Apres is good, especially at the Streifalm, the Pavilion and Chizzos . The Londoner is one of the best known apres bars and is always full of partying people, but perhaps a bit too boozy (?), but that depends on your tastes. And some good mountain restaurants like the Baerenbadalm.

Slopes are a good mix, though the lower runs can suffer if the snow cover is not great as the town itself is pretty low.

I like it. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did New Year there as a beginner with skiing friends err. omg in 1994... Embarassed The Red Devils were good as ski school, and it is a really pretty town with loads of bars and a great party atmos IIRC. Pack an extra liver and party the night away. Only dancing on the chairs in the Londoner, not on the tables...

On the down side, and now with experience of other resorts in France and Italy, IMO there was a lot of scrumming onto ski busses to get to the slopes and walking in ski boots at the end of the day. I know the lifts have been dramatically upgraded since I was there, but it was the resort that gave me the ski bug in spades and I cried when I had to go home it was soooo beautiful. It can be less snowsure than higher resorts, but there are high bits at Pass Turn [sic].

I would go back in good snow conditions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was in Kitz 2 years ago (March 2009) . We stayed on the main road out of town which heads towards Jochberg and Pass Thurn.
The Ski bus both into town (1 mile, 5-10 mins) and out towards Pass Thurn stopped right outside. A decent enough, free service.
From a skiing point of view, it was a good choice. We got the bus each morning away from Kitz and skiied the virtually deserted slopes
of Jochberg/Pass Thurn. This is linked to Kitz so could ski back into there if we wished for some apres. Some nice open runs over that way which
would suit beginners and intermediates alike.
I wasn't too keen on the initial part of the runs in Kitzbuhel itself. Bit of a walk/skate uphill as you get off the gondalo with
crowded 1st run.
Decent nightlife and lively apres-ski. Never went to the Londoner for apres. But we had a few good nights in there which lasted a little longer
than planned!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy