Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sun Peaks Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody been to Sun Peaks? what's it like?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dunno - but I've heard good reports of it, from our SCGB rep last year. Would be interested to hear from others who've been, looking into the possibility for next year ourselves.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cathy Coins, The resort looks good ski in/out for the family. We are very close to booking for H/T next year and I was just hoping to get some more feed back.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been wanting to go to Sun Peaks for some time.

I was planning to go there last year, and in fact had booked everything when f*****g Inghams unilaterally cancelled my booking because they claimed that they hadn't had sufficient take-up for that particular package.

Needless to say that this REALLY pissed me off, and I will NEVER use this company again.

(Frequently, I've found, their brochure promises more than they can deliver)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Acacia, nasty! How can they do that?! I noticed they offered Sun Peaks I think in last year's brochure or the year's before & now don't go there - I wondered why...... Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"Acacia, nasty! How can they do that?! "

Because they are cheapskate B*****ds. That wasn't the end of it: having reluctantly (initially) accepted their alternative offer of a second week in Whistler, they subsequently changed my departure airport from Amsterdam (scheduled, convenient time) to Manchester (charter, bloody inconvenient time). That was when I finally washed my hands of them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well it would appear that there is not much feedback on Sun Peaks from the Snowheads - so we have booked anyway Exclamation (very helpful Ski Independence) so hopefully we can give you all a good report next year. Sun Peaks here we come 328 days and counting snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well done Rob! As I said, I have heard very good reports of it so you should be fine - what time of year are you going?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cathy Coins wrote:
what time of year are you going?

Feb 12th for 10 days. Half Turm Sad - which is why we are avoiding Europe
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sun Peaks is wonderful. I teach there and will be back in 4 weeks for the new season. Lift lines are tiny most of the time and even when its busy you are not waiting for long. Probably the best snow conditions i've skied in over the past 25 years.

The 3 mountains have something for everyone. There's plenty to keep you occupied. If you have any questions please ask.

Look me up in the ski school if your in town.

Ciao

Vaughan
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Welcome to snowHeads, Basoid snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Basoid - thanks for the introduction and welcome to snowHeads. Sun Peaks is definitely on our list of to ski places - will have to be next season though now at the earliest. Hope you have a great season out there, you'll have to keep us updated with the latest snow conditions. Which ski school will you be teaching at?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Basoid

Welcome to Snowheads. Thanks for the info, I met a lady called Layla on the Sunpeaks stand at the ski show and she was really singing its praise (well you would if you worked in there marketing dept!) but she really wetted my appetite.

You say you teach there – are you from there originally or a Brit. Moved across? Mrs D and the kids are having ski school. Although I am ex-BASI I would rather somebody else teaches them
Little Angel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think WTFH has a fir bit of knowledge on this place. U there Foxy?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not been skiing there but have stayed there a couple of years back when touring Canada. Stayed at the Nancy Greene and it was great.
And more importantly avoided the big black bear !! Shocked when walking
There's a small Italian restraunt that was really nice
Rob
ski holidays
Hey Guys,

I'll be teach for the Sun Peaks Snowsport School i.e. the corporation owned school. I certainly will keep you updated on the conditions...its put 15cm down today!!!!

Yep Rob, I'm a Brit from the Black Country...come on the Baggies. I just teach out there in the winter. I look after the top level (normally level 5) Kids Adventure Club. Thats kids from 6-12, so if your nippers fit the bill and go for the 3 or 5 day programme they will probably get yours truly. As for your good lady I can recommend Izzy Hampton Stone, bags of fun and a good teacher to boot.

Rob and Sharon. Thats the Cahilty Lodge you stopped at, nice place and Nancy is a character for sure. I know the eating establishment well. However, i taught for 2 seasons in Italy so I expect alot when it comes to Italian food.

Bon ski mon ami.

Vaughan Cool
snow conditions
Basoid,

What's the story on the big expansion plans? I'd heard that there were plans in the pipeline for a truly massive increase in accomodations, and that this was causing a lot of friction with the various native peoples' groups.
snow conditions
Acacia,

When Nipon Cable purchased the resort they developed a grand plan which is probably about 1/3 complete (they've just started phase 2). They plan to expand the number of beds to about 24,000. Duiring the same period they intend to open up another 3 mountains so the acreage to bed ratio is still fantastic. My only concern about the whole thing is uplift from the village base.

You are right there is a little issue with the "First Nations" but to be honest I think there is no chance of Sun Peaks losing out. The Canadian authorities are still ok-ing new resort developments in BC so they will not turn their back on Sun Peaks. As for the reason behind the "First Nations" protests, follow the link to see the article published in Sun Peaks Independent News (SPIN):

http://www.sunpeaksnews.com/letter02.htm

If all the plans come to fruition the acreage will be close to that of Whistler with about 40% of the skiers. I doubt very much if any expansion will be possible after that as the valley could not accommodate any more due to its narrowness(is that a word?).

If you'd like to see a few pics of last season, follow this link

http://groups.msn.com/Skiingviews/basoidspics.msnw?Page=1

Basoid Cool
latest report
Basoid wrote:
Acacia,

Basoid Cool

pictures are cool thanks for sharing
will you be there this year (Feb / March) as we are planning a 4-5 day stay hopefully
Smile
Rob
snow report
Basoid wrote:
Acacia,

Basoid Cool

pictures are cool thanks for sharing
will you be there this year (Feb / March) as we are planning a 4-5 day stay hopefully
Smile
Rob
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy