Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing, Dec 17th?

Poster: A snowHead
City have drawn Juventus (milan) in the Europa Cup on the 16th December. We are flying to Geneva and im thinking of getting in 3 days skiing on 17th, 18th, 19th Dec. Where will be open en route from Turin to Geneva if anywhere? Where would you choose if you had the choice?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ricklovesthepowder, Juventus usually play in Turin, not Milan. Why not ski in Sestriere ? You may struggle to get from Turin to anywhere else early enough to be able to ski on the 17th.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Puzzled if you have your own transport you can get to Gressoney in 1hr15 from Turin and other places in the Aosta valley in not much more
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks rjs, i did know that, i put milan for some reason, as you can see i put the return journey as turin to geneva. Is sestriere high and does it usually have a good record early on? Whats the Aosta valley like?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder, assuming you're going through the Grand St Bernard tunnel, Verbier (Le Chable) is literally a 5 minute detour from your route. You could also go through Mt Blanc tunnel giving you the options of Chamonix or Courmayeur.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
from geneva to turin we would go throught the mont blanc tunnel. Cheers for the options guys, i will put it to the others and report back, never been skiing before new year before!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nothing to do with the skiing but you'll just love the Italian policing at the game. Last time I went they barred all city centre bars from selling alcohol all day and kept us in the ground for an hour after the game. Watch out too for pickpockets (inc children) on the trams. Apart from that enjoy, I've a bit of a softspot for City.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cheers mate, could it be anything to do with the thousands we used to bring when we were in the depths of the lower divisions. I can remember going to peterborough one year, cant remember the score though, it was winter and very cold!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, No a really good mate of mine is a blue and I went to a few away games with him a few years ago, Coventry and QPR among them. Although I live in Preterborough I'm a Gooner but gave my season ticket up end of season before last. I've been to Juve once and a couple of games in Milan so know how crap Italian policing is.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
At over £1000 for a season ticket i dont blame you for giving it up. You could have a city and united season ticket for that price and with some change left over!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Les Deux Alpes would add a few extra hours to your journey but is a lovely drive and has a glacier so guaranteed snow!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder

Depending on snow conditions and what's open, if need be, Val Thorens is also do-able using the gondola access from the Maurienne (ie Italian side). As is Tignes - which we have reached from Turin Airport before (via Frejus tunnel and Alberville). Or you could also go to Val Thorens via Frejus and Alberville.

However, depending on your return Geneva flight time, it might be best to end up on the French side of the border for getting back to the airport. Chamonix will be nearest to Geneva (just over an hour), with Tignes and Val Thorens at two and a half and two and a quarter hour's drive.

On the Italian front, Aosta valley is great. Lots of ski areas in main season but could be limited to Cervinia - which is always open early doors - at the time you go. Cervinia is very high and linked to Zermatt. We've just turned up there and found accommodation - plenty to go at. The town is reached by a drive up a mountain road.

If snow is plentiful, Pila is worth keeping an eye on. It's a great little ski area which is linked by gondola to the town of Aosta. Aosta itself is pleasant - it has an old cobbled centre (complete with Roman amphitheatre and ancient (BC??) Arc de Triomphe-style arch). Not to mention cheap accommodation and food and drink.

Courmayeur is also a good area for a few days' skiing. Access is good - from the roadside by cablecar. Gressoney and Champoluc are also worth a look - but (of the Aosta Valley areas) would be furthest from Geneva.

On the football front, I was at the Stadium of Light (home end wink) yesterday. I hope that your ski (or snowboard) boots are a bit better fit than Tevez's shooting boots Toofy Grin......
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricklovesthepowder, The last two seasons we have had good snow in Avoriaz and had clients in and on snow from the weekend before your projected arrival.
Guess you can leave it quite late to choose, see where the snow is best. They do not open the whole area, but there is plenty to get into with Lindarets and Arare sectors usually open.
Only 35 minutes to Morzine off the A40 from Cluses and just 1.25 hours back to Geneva to fly home. Transport to the lifts will be running from Morzine.
Cheap rooms for earlybirds. Even if they are city fans Toofy Grin As snowHead 's we treat everyone the same.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh i see how you all have the dig at city in there, do it while you can as we will soon dominate the world (in my dreams) Since i last replied to this thread i have found out that when city play Juventus they will no longer be in the stadium that holds 60,000 people, they share with Torino and it holds 24,000 so im probably not going to get a ticket. My great week away combining city and skiing has hit a bit of a snag and i probably wont be going now. Thanks for the replies folks, hopefully we will draw some other alpine team in the next round.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, Stadio del Alpe was an absolute tip anyway. Their fans hated it and didn't go to European games in any great numbers. In fact Italian fans don't go to European games until the latter stages unless it's against a really big team (no disrespect to City wink ) . I've been to Milan twice and Juve once, not more than about 25000 at any of them.
snow report
Colin B,
Quote:

I've been to Milan twice and Juve once

How did The Posh get on Toofy Grin ?
snow conditions
Quote:

How did The Posh get on ?

Quote:

Although I live in Preterborough I'm a Gooner
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, Don't know what the snow will be like but you could go to the Salzburg match and try the Hintertux glacier if you want to combine the two.
latest report
Bit to early really i think.
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder,
They are claiming 95cm at the top and 20km of runs open at the moment, may improve in the next couple of weeks.
http://www.hintertuxergletscher.at/en/skigebiet/21/aktueller+Liftstatus.html
You could post and see if anyone knows what the conditions are like.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy