Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt 2nd weekend December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A few questions on here about early season skiing. Although we do most of our skiing in Verbier and Chamonix we are massive fans of Zermatt for early and late season skiing. Here are some pictures from our annual 2nd weekend of December trip to Zermatt. These are from last year....

Saturdaz lunchtime. Brrr -25 degrees!

What's that appearing through the clouds

Great blue run cruising over on the Cervinia side

Sunday morning - that's more like it

The Breithorn - The easiest 4000m peak to get up in the Alps

Clouds coming in again on the Italian side Sad

Let's get lunch. Swiss side down from Kleine Matterhorn still in sunshine

Cruising

Dufourspitze - highest peak in Switzerland

In the trees down to Furi

Preggers walks up to meet us at Zum See

The classic Zermatt view

Up the Gornergrat side

Heading down to Gant

Never get bored of the view

We found some powder under the Rotthorn

It hadn't snowed for a few days but there there are a few secret stashes

Last run of the day back into town

Is there a better Alpine experience than Zermatt?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
coolio ... a bunch of us from Vaud/Geneva are heading up there 11/12th Dec which I think is that very weekend .... have you got any recomendations for hotels ?? ... I wasn't very impressd with one we stayed at there in March.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RichA, which one would you not recomend?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been twice, I love the place

My daughter in front of some random mountain there Smile

Zermatt
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fantastic place - but -25°C? Brrrr indeed!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Roy Hockley wrote:
RichA, which one would you not recomend?

It seems a bit unfair to name them on here .... I didn't like it because it wasn't particuarly cheap (85CHF pppn), was fairly basic and there was no breakfast available ... we got the impression (possibly wrongly) that it was an apartment but it turned out it was just hotel rooms so we couldn't make breakfast ourselves and having to go to a cafe every morning is a right pfaff.

It was right in the centre of town and maybe that's what you get for your money there but when we go back we will be going somewhere else ... the lifts are at each end of the town so there's no real benefit in being in the centre and I'd be happier staying somewhere of better quality further out.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Last time I went, February 2009, it was nearer -30°C, particularly noticeable when you came back from the Italian side into a strong head wind at 3000m+.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You might want to try the youth hostel in Zermatt. The swiss youth hostels are fab for all ages - http://www.youthhostel.ch/de/hostels/zermatt
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B wrote:
Quote:

Last time I went, February 2009, it was nearer -30°C, particularly noticeable when you came back from the Italian side into a strong head wind at 3000m+.

Haha yes, done this, then got lost and went down a blue rather than a red and actually had to pole down the piste as the wind was so strong and it was pretty flat, followed by poling alongside the longest, flatest drag lift in the world.... I think that day was the coldest I've ever been.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy