Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

any advice or ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi guys normaly a reader but could do with some advice.

im looking at booking my hols for 2011 prob late feb early march, been going to bansko last few seasons Embarassed mainly as brother in law has appartment there, but i find it ok cheap food and drink Smile town is a bit shabby but im not the fussy type
.i dont like the idea of paying 8 euros a beer or 15 euros for a snack on the hill.
im not tight but also not resession proof unfortunatly Sad

been looking at slovakia(high tantras) and arsinal andorra found good all in deals around the £500 mark just wondered if any snowHead have been to either recently and could give any thoughts.

cheap food and drink are quite high on my list and some where fairly nice to stay would be good as well as decent skiing for an adventureous intermediate.
I am looking for some off peist lessons while there so again need to keep the price down(maybe i am tight Confused )

thanks guys and gals
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dbs, Not meaning to be a smart @rse answer, but chose a good resort and dont drink the beer on the mountain. You can always take a rucksack and whatever you want for lunch. I would go for a better resort as I like skiing more than the dining experience, after all we can go to a decent restaurant every night at home if we wished! What Ireland lacks is the snow on the hills and the lifts of course!! wink There are many places on the hill that you can take your picnic in with you and eat it at the comfort of a table, of course not in regular restaurants! They are called "Salle hors sac" in France.

Andorra is not as cheap as it used to be! I went to Soldeu the year after I broke my leg and wanted something not too challenging and to get my confidence back! At that time the place was cheap. Booked half board and took about £250 with me. Could not spend the money at that time, I even went "heli skiing"!! We ate out every night (as the hotel food was sh1te), transpired that it was still the best food in the resort! So my experience of Andorra was great with the exception of the food!

Have fun, dont mention the helment though!!! wink Causes too much trouble on here!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dbs, Have you thought about Austria? Pretty good value for money.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dbs, i would plump for Austria based upon for reqs, food and drink are noticeably cheaper than France although you are still talking say €4/€4.50 for a beer on the slopes - we're deffo looking to head back to Austria this season after a couple in France.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dbs,

I usually budget on £500.00 H/B (3*) to Austria or Italy and take about £350.00 for food and drink on the mountain. I really don't like the idea of slumming it with picnics. You just need to know where to look.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

£350.00 for food and drink on the mountain

golly. Shocked Is that just for one person for 6 days skiing?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Andorra is the cheapest ski resort I've ever been to. Restaurants on the top of the mountain were main course and a drink for £10, even for wine or beer.

That said, with it comes some very inexperienced skiers and boarders, along with large groups of stag/hen type groups who want to drink themselves silly every night and manage a bit of skiing in the afternoon Smile Possibly as a result of that, the standard of accommodation seems to be crap. We stayed in a 4 star hotel that was outclassed by the Travelodge we stayed in a week before, and stories from others on the coach on the way home included electrical problems, broken furniture, and generally a student standard that we're just not interested in. Neilson did nothing whatsoever to try and resolve complaints, and their reps were largely completely useless. Avoid, especially the team in Andorra.

Even in the French mega-resorts if you budget carefully you can do lunch and a beer or two for £20 per person per day. On most trips that shouldn't increase the cost dramatically, the difference over a week might be £100. Of course, the beers into the evening are a different game, at 8 euros a pint in places we found it astronomical, instead resorting to drinking in our chalet and then going out late for a few beers to finish the evening.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Monium, Was this recent? Which resort IN Andorra did you go to? I believe that when I went, aboutn 18 years ago it was indeed cheap but gather that now it is as pricy as other places, but as you said you will not get the quality! It is like an Egyptian 5* hotel, looks good on paper but lacks style and quality!!

dbs, You should also consider Italy, as the prices are on the whole much cheaper than France, Switzerland and Austria!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are plenty of French resorts where beer costs less than 8 euros a pint, and where the skiing is a lot better than some of the more out of the way resorts in minority countries.

Roy Hockley, do prices vary a lot between different resorts in Italy as they do in France (and I believe in Austria too)?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, Of course, if you were promoting the likes of Cortina! Most other places I have been to in Italy were good value for money! You can find good value places (not always cheap but good value) in France also! They may not have the range of the 3V's, or the panache of Megeve, but they are there! There is always something for everyone. Just like the Egyptian 5* it may be cheap but is it good value!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have been skiing to Jasna in Slovakia, search the forum as I have posted loads about it before. I enjoyed it and would go back. It was a pretty small resort but as long as you are happy skiing the same slopes again you can have fun, especially if you get good snow ( which we did). I have also been to Slovenia to various resorts and again enjoyed it although like Andorra, it seems to be getting more expensive every year. The resorts in Slovenia and Slovakia are pretty small but some of them are very close together so you could try a few different ones in a week.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks for the replys guys,
im not that bothered by the prices on the hill as afew beers and soup and bread does me for the day, more intrested in not getting ripped off in the evening as i enjoy eating and drinking out and about,think im swaying towards slovakia appears you can get a beer for a pound Toofy Grin and a good meal for a tenner Very Happy lessons for 10 per hr Smile god knows what else you can get cheap Toofy Grin
seems like some of the hotels are top notch as well.
lynseyf, maybe you could advise on the hotels close to slopes thanks. i have looked at the slovakia stuff on snowHead all seems a bit dated though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy