Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot advice needed - Legs too short

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

This is my first post and I'm very new to skiing so please bear with me as I will have to give a little background to my issue/question.

I've only been twice and both times had lots of problems getting my boots to fit. The main issue is that I'm only 4ft 10, have size 4 feet and have quite short legs so the widest part of my calf muscle is much further down inside the boot than it would be on people of more regular height, making them very uncomfortable and difficult to fit.

This also results in me not being able to lean my legs far enough forward as the boot comes so far up my leg. This year I ended up with two hours in the boot fitting session trying on goodness knows how many boots and lots of tutting from instructor in my lessons......very frustrating. Because of this I have decided to invest in my own pair of boots and save the guys in the boot fitting room a real headache and myself some leg pain. Please can I get some advice on what my options are?

From the small amount of research I have done it looks like some boots might be slightly shorter than others but I don't know if any brands specifically market boots with this feature? A friend also mentioned that you can have the inside of the boot adapted but I don't know where to go for this or how much it would cost?

Any advice is very much gratefully received Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JTWS1, where do you live? I think visiting a recommended ski boot fitter would be your best bet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JTWS1, welcome to SnowHeads, and the SnowHeads Pixie Club (several of us are well under 5ft 2). Someone will be along with some advie shortly (if you will pardon the pun). I've got some Tecnica Attiva boots that are OK, but they may be others that are more suitable for you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Head do a women's range with a cuff specifically designed to deal with this. Highly recommended by my GF. As ever just make sure the rest of the boot fits too.

Head dream - http://www.head.com/ski/boots.php?region=eu&tag=women&id=3167
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JTWS1, welcome to the madhouse. the most important thing is to get the shape of the boot right fr the foot, the cuff can be dealt with afterwards, make sure that you do not end up in a boot too big, as the sizes get bigger the cuffs get taller so the smaller the better (obviously without causing pain)

the head dream works well with a larger calf as does the edge, and many models from loads of different manufacturers, it is very simple to adjust clips and shells to accommodate calf muscles and if all else fails a custom liner could be used in addition to other modifications ....... just be glad that you have small feet to go with your height, if you had size 6 or 7 then this would be a whole lot harder
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
JTWS1, Welcome to S'heads (and the Pixie Club Laughing )
I have Lange boots and can/will also recomend the advice/products/service from CEM that might be why I spent some time with him yesterday Laughing

Hells Bells, 4'10" I am actually taller than somebody Shocked Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Linds, Laughing Laughing Laughing . Have you met ElleJ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hells Bells wrote:
Linds, Laughing Laughing Laughing . Have you met ElleJ?

No but she said in her initial question that she is 4'10" Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's always this: http://www.helium.com/items/1427797-an-overview-on-cosmetic-leg-lengthening-surgery

Sounds very nasty though. Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, I am happy to stay a short back bottom Laughing
(Just booked up for Les Deux Alps training week again for next January)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski wrote:
JTWS1, where do you live? I think visiting a recommended ski boot fitter would be your best bet.

Hi kitenski, I live in Horsham, near Gatwick Airport.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you everyone for your advice....much appreciated. I will look up the makes that you mentioned.

Lizzard....thanks but I'm happy being a 'pixie' Laughing for now!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JTWS1, welcome and good luck from another pixie! I'm just a few inches taller than you and CEM fitted me up with some Heads, which are great. Horsham to Bicester isn't too much of a trek.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Linds, not the OP, elleJ is a teeny Scottish pixie SnowHead.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, i was sure your boots were lange...but i might be getting senile
snow report
CEM, funny you should say that. They are actually Salomons. rolling eyes Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Laughing My excuse is that I'm filling in some long and complicated forms at the same time as peeking at snowHeads.
ski holidays
Hurtle, so they were.... been a while since i saw them
ski holidays
JTWS1, I wasn't fitted by CEM, I'm not a pixie but I do have large calves and a high instep and wide feet so I'm not easy, and my bootfitter put me into Head Edge ones and I haven't had any problems - why don't you go and see CEM, he will put you right I'm sure.
snow report
Hurtle, I thought you had Salomon boots, as we may have discussed last year! Mine fitted by CEM, - so definitely worth a visit JTWS1, - you will have to make an appointment and he will make sure he has at least something in the right size area to fit. I am only 5'1" with very small size three or even 2.5 feet. Really worth the journey and time to sort properly.
ski holidays
How can your legs be too short?

Don't they reach the floor?
snow report
JTWS1 wrote:
kitenski wrote:

Hi kitenski, I live in Horsham, near Gatwick Airport.

As others have suggested a day out in Bicester with CEM would be your best bet, you will need to book an appointment.

http://solutions4feet.co.uk/
ski holidays
Mosha Marc wrote:
How can your legs be too short?

Don't they reach the floor?

Errr.....too short for the boots to fit properly.

There's always one rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy