Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bus from grenoble airport to grenoble train station

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am flying into grenoble Jan 2011 to ski in alpe d'huez,

I need to get from the airport to the train station in order to catch the bus, can anyone help me on what is cheapest/quickest bus/train?

I have then found that the transiere bus company do a regular service from the train station to alpe d'huez the 3020.

Does anybody have any experience of this and price?

I know ben's bus is about £45 return for sunday departure but I am a skin flint and would like to cost up all the options.

Cheers Andy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
transisere are fine and won't be too expensive - they have a website which might have upto date pricing
however, they will stop in a few places along the way and you will inevitably have to hang around grenoble bus station for a while. i'd be very surprised if the whole process doesn't take at least 2 hours longer than bens bus, with more faff
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a shuttle from the airport to the railway/bus station, don't know how much it costs - not much, I imagine, given that the bus from the station to Alpe d'Huez is only about a tenner.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, it's less than €5.

If you're flying mid week check the bus times as there aren't that many and they are different every day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did this journey with Transiere last year - it was good - meaning it cost about 5 euros and on time for my transfer.

However I thought that the company was now being run by 'Grenoble Altitude' instead (12 euros) but I might be wrong - they also go directly to Alpe D'huez which might help.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi guys thanks for advice i have been checking all the avenues and i can live with a longer transfer if its way cheaper

but grenoble attitude are 70 euros straight from grenoble airport to alpe d'huez
and 12 to grenoble bus station

so i firstly wondered if there was a cheaper alternative

as if the transiere bus is cheap and i mean 10 euros cheap and i can get from the airport to the bus station for 5 euros it will be worth doing

here is the transiere pdf price list it looks like its 5.40 euros but i cant tell if thats right http://www.transisere.fr/ftp/FR_Lignes/3020-5dec.pdf

otherwise bensbus is the cheapest at £55 with altitude second at £59

does anybody know how long arrival before check in at the grenoble end is roughly.......

sorry all the questions we have driven the last 5 trips
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like griffterski, is spot on and the navette is now run by Altitude along with a massive price hike. I'm not sure about the €5.40 part as that just refers to zones and I don't know what they are. I'm pretty sure I paid €9.60 to go Grenoble gare routiere to L2A in 2009.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
aw-hicks, Grenoble can be a madhouse at weekend during the winter. Bensbus are very good though and if booked with them they have several buses running through the day to tie in with various flights. They also wait for you if delayed, within reason. The local buses were cheap but you could end up with long waits for connections, with price hikes that inconvenience may not be worth the saving which probably isn't that great now.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
aw-hicks, Have one night in an go with ben's bus - reliable and a lot less aggro than faffing on and off trains..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers guys i think i will straight from the airport will make my journey alot easier plus there is a bit of uncertainty
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do Transisére still do the bus service from Grenoble airport to the train station?
Looking at their site, they seem to have bus stops all over the region but not one at the airport Puzzled

I'm looking to get someone from Grenoble airport to Chambery or Albertville on Sat 14th Dec.
There's a good bus from Grenoble Gare or 'Grenoble Oxford' (whatever that is Confused) to Chambery but I can't seem to find info on getting away from the Airport itself.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@admin, It's been privatised and costs more now. Actibus

https://reservation.actibus.com/navette/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks @Claude B!
When Google fails U, the snowHeads shall provide snowHead
Prices and schedules here: https://ublo-file-manager.valraiso.net/assets/actibus/LIGNE%20AEROPORT%20EXPRESS%20%202019-20.v4-1.pdf

That is so much more expensive isn't it! Virtually 4x what it was.
So I've got:
Grenoble Airport to Grenoble Bus Station = €15.50
Grenoble Bus Station to Chambéry = €4.99
Le world's gone mad!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One of the transiere routes stops not that far from.the airport. Not sure exactly. There is a big U supermarket nearby, perhaps in that area.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Grenoble Oxford is a stop quite near the bridge that crosses the Isere before you join the motorway. It's only about 5 mins from the station.
snow report
admin wrote:
Thanks @Claude B!
When Google fails U, the snowHeads shall provide snowHead
Prices and schedules here: https://ublo-file-manager.valraiso.net/assets/actibus/LIGNE%20AEROPORT%20EXPRESS%20%202019-20.v4-1.pdf

That is so much more expensive isn't it! Virtually 4x what it was.
So I've got:
Grenoble Airport to Grenoble Bus Station = €15.50
Grenoble Bus Station to Chambéry = €4.99
Le world's gone mad!

You can walk into St Geoirs and catch the service bus to Grenoble gare and it used to cost less than a fiver. From the airport you just keep walking past the Super U for probably less than a mile to St. Geoirs. Done it several times in both directions, think it's ligne 7320. Takes about an hour to Grenoble.
snow report
Thanks for the great info boyzngirlz snowHead
snow conditions
@admin, Its 2.5km and it may actually be ligne 7300. Is it me or is there something about french bus timetables that gives you the impression they are trying to make it as complicated as possible ?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Alpes–Isère+Airport,+38590+Saint-Étienne-de-Saint-Geoirs,+France/45.3413882,5.3413219/@45.349404,5.3425548,874m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x478ada8832725c7f:0x7592fed5ea513dc3!2m2!1d5.3302444!2d45.3621752!1m0!3e2
latest report
Quote:
is there something about French that gives you the impression they are trying to make everything as complicated as possible ?
FIFY Wink
ski holidays
@admin, I think the answer, to both versions, is yes Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy