Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best singles operators for skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone care to suggest the best singles holidays?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I quite enjoyed Mark Warner in this respect.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rumdiary wrote:

You're single? Who would have known...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forgive the shameless plug for my friend's business, but have a look at Action-Outdoors (www.action-outdoors.co.uk) and use the discount code SP2010 to get £10 off the price.

They use UCPA centres across the Alps (and across france for summer sports) which are kind of like grown up youth hostel - rooms typically sleep 3-6 although some centres have a higher number of doubles than others (e.g. Flaine Les Lindars / La Plagne). Everything you need is included - all meals - including lunch, lift pass, equipment (including probes and shovels for off-piste groups) and tuition / guiding - even a little bit of evening enteratinment 'french style'. The only 'extra' is travel and they provide a number of options including link for airport transfers etc as well as coach travel from the UK - although probably less useful for you!

All the weeks I have been on have included a large number of single travellers and you very quickly find your group of friends to spend the week with and a suitable group to ski with too who will be of a very similar speed and ability. The holidays are for 18-40s - ish - the upper age limit is more flexible than the lower.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
should rename it Action-Indoors for the singles holiday market
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
lol! I'll suggest that to Dave wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parlor wrote:
rumdiary wrote:

You're single? Who would have known...

i am only just single. We all know a person can be with the most beautiful person in the world and they will still get bored sexually after a time. I have decided i like the thrill of the chase and the intense bit in th eearly stages but not the day to day stuff. I would rather watch what i want on tv, eat what i want and leave the toilet seat up at will.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I felt tempted to go on a 'singles' ski holiday when I first decided to start go skiing again (hadn't been since Uni). I'm glad I didn't. I've since met some people who have and it's basically Butlins on snow. I'm fine with Crystal, they seem to have plenty of single hotel rooms in Austria and Italy (it's fairly rare in France anyway) and a choice of regional airport departures.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been on a large number of ski courses (Snoworks or Warren Smith type things) as a single traveller. Never felt like Butlins to me (although last time I went to Butlins I think I was about 7, so the ski camps might have been exactly like Butlins and I've just forgotten the details). Courses like that seem to me to be the ideal way to ski if you're taking a holiday on your own. You'll be in the same accommodation as people you ski with, you'll be group with people of similar ski ability (and usually similar tastes in ski holidays), there's a balance of time in lessons where you will be pushed and free time to ski with your group (or not). There were occasional single rooms available, but if you wanted to avoid a single supplement the course providers were very good at matching you up for a room share. Some of the people I met on those courses have become close, long term friends.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen bodecia wrote:
I felt tempted to go on a 'singles' ski holiday when I first decided to start go skiing again (hadn't been since Uni). I'm glad I didn't. I've since met some people who have and it's basically Butlins on snow. I'm fine with Crystal, they seem to have plenty of single hotel rooms in Austria and Italy (it's fairly rare in France anyway) and a choice of regional airport departures.

if you ever need company QB I am here for you. You strike me as a fairly genuine person. Not a hypocrite. It would be an honour to ski with you.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia, you won't get an offer like that every day! wink I'd agree with rob@rar - I went on a ski course on my own. It's a good formula because you are with people who share a close interest in improving their skiing.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I'd agree with rob@rar - I went on a ski course on my own. It's a good formula because you are with people who share a close interest in improving their skiing.
Thirded. Not that an improvement in his skiing is necessarily a priority for rumdiary. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, I wasn't talking about a ski course, I was referring to the sort of companies that run singles ski holidays, a bit club 18-30ish I guess except that very few in that age group would be able to afford it. I'd be more than happy to attend a ski course if my budget ever allows.

rumdiary, thanks but no thanks. Somehow through my few years of going on ski holidays alone, I seem to have bagged a few very pleasant ski buddies and we all arrange to go to the same resort the same week these days. Pretty sure the same thing will happen for you if you want it to. Good luck.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Surprised no one has said the snowheads bashes... snowHead Laughing
latest report
Rude Chalets seemed to have this nailed, and arranged roomshare with suitable others. Lots of single bookings in their chalets, and very sociable atmosphere.
latest report
Monium, fair amount of shenanigans go down at Snowbombing as well
latest report
Monium, I would think the majority of singles would not want an arranged roomshare.
latest report
queen bodecia, probably why they are single then
snow conditions
Hi, for Singles and Solo's Ski Weekends why not visit: www.skibreaks.co (yes it is a .co website). They offer long-weekends just for singles and solo's, including flights, transfers, 4* half-board hotels, ski-guides and a host for small groups of about 20 people and the price is very good. Joining a group fo singles and solo's is so much more fun than skiing and boarding alone, we ski together, eat together, travel together and party together. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
There's a lot of shagging going on. UCPA even hand out free condoms!
snow conditions
FYI - the skibreaks trips are not dating events, but of course single people do enjoy their holidays and some do find a partner
ski holidays
I read a comment above about some singles ski holidays being like Butlin's on Snow. What a horrid thought! try skibreaks.co as they only use 3 or 4* hotels, quality food, nice people and great resorts at a good price.
snow report
Skibreaks wrote:
FYI - the skibreaks trips are not dating events, but of course single people do enjoy their holidays and some do find a partner

So more in the "ugly" than "swinging" category then? Wink
snow conditions
Best singles operators for skiing?

In case anyone missed this bunch from a different thread, http://www.ski-bunnies.com/ Or did I misunderstand the OP's question?

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Actually, just going off at a tangent (even more of a tangent, that is), I wonder whether admin should invite some of the ski-bunnies along to an equipment test/review at one of the domes.... Toofy Grin
snow report
Chasseur wrote:
Actually, just going off at a tangent (even more of a tangent, that is), I wonder whether admin should invite some of the ski-bunnies along to an equipment test/review at one of the domes.... Toofy Grin

Yes Admin is also fond of Pocket rockets. Toofy Grin
snow report
Are skibreaks going to contribute to any threads or just keep on trying to sell us it holidays?

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 12-11-10 21:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lightningdan wrote:
Also I was suprised to see in the FAQ section a bit about "treat as you would your wife or girl friend" well I am not forking out all that cash to row alot and sleep back to back!!

Quote:
Looking at the munters on the web site, I can see why their clients are single.

god, your wife/girlfriend's such a lucky woman! rolling eyes
latest report
Sorry Sherlock, you seem ok

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 13-11-10 11:26; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
Getting back on topic, anyone done a single trip to States or Canada ? TO seem only to cater for groups/families, unless you want to pay a fortune as the single occupier of a condo.
ski holidays
deerman, I've not seen anything as yet. Most of the TOs seem to offer rooms with two double (sorry, 'queen' sized beds) based on four sharing which sounds a bit school dormitory to me. Shocked
ski holidays
queen bodecia, doesn't suit an older family either, I certainly didn't want to share a room with my two teenage sons, and they didn't want to share a bed either. We ended up with a privately rented condo with enough beds for all of us.
snow conditions
mountain mad wrote:
Surprised no one has said the snowheads bashes... snowHead Laughing
Twas where I met my wife Toofy Grin
snow report
I thought that was a great way to end the thread!
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
deerman, I've not seen anything as yet. Most of the TOs seem to offer rooms with two double (sorry, 'queen' sized beds) based on four sharing which sounds a bit school dormitory to me. Shocked

But wouldn't 'Queen' sized be perfect for you Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy