Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

singles ski holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions as to the best operators in this sector
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rumdiary, I realise you're outside the UK. I normally travel with Crystal simply due to the large choice of hotels with single rooms or low twin for sole use supplements, together with the largest range of regional UK flight departures. In the past I've happily travelled alone and got to know people in my hotel to ski with or joined the Crystal guiding days, although I'm more than happy to ski alone. However since I've kept in touch with some of the people I've met over the years, I now have a group of ski buddies and we arrange to be in the same resort (and preferably the same hotel) on the same week. The only slight snag now is that we have two people in our group looking for those all important single rooms.

One thing I have found is that single rooms in hotels in Austria, Italy & Switzerland are fairly easy to find. In France this is not the case, the majority of accommodation seems to be chalets and self catering apartments most of which do not cater for singles.

There's plenty out there anyway, and you don't need to be stuck with 'singles' holidays where you might get put in a room with a complete stranger. Good luck.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
strangers don't like to share with me. I snore and sleepwalk at the same time. they find it intimidating.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rumdiary wrote:
I snore and sleepwalk at the same time

And you're looking for singles holiday you say?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are 'singles' holiday companies who offer single rooms to everyone, or the option of paying more to have a room for yourself if you don't want to share with another lone traveller. If you do a google search on 'singles ski holidays' that should come up with a fair few options. The Ski Club of Great Britain do skiing holidays too some with single rooms but I've never been on one to tell you what they are like.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rumdiary, Try looking at Frosch Sportreisen. Based in Germany they are aimed at the single traveller market

http://www.frosch-sportreisen.de/skireisen/singlereisen.asp?AgenturNr=1&Para=&session_id=a818459716450117

They are not a Club 18-30 type organisation but do sometimes come across as being a bit like that. A friend of mine used them quite a lot for a while as she did not want to pay top prices for holidays in the school vacation period. Now I am no longer teaching we booger off whenever we like Laughing

Alternatively book direct with a hotel in a resort of your choice. As you are in Luxembourg you will not need a flight - you could drive or use the ICE network. The reputable hotels who are looking for repeat customers usually have connections with ski schools and ski hire set-ups if you need them.

Even in France there are single rooms in all the hotels, you just have to state that that is what you want. It only seems to be the British TOs who can't find single rooms in French resorts! wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rumdiary, I have never been on a "singles holiday" as such but have recently taken quite a few ski trips on my own.
I always go for companies/chalets that either do ski guiding or are in a resort where the SCGB have a ski rep, I would recomend Snowcoach and Mark Warner both of whom do rooms only and I have done both on late deals and have also booked in advance.
Look at the trips organised by S'heads various countries at various times of the season.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the poster in this section have given good advice and are generally more helpful and friendly than in some other sections. Thankyou
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree with the above. One comment I'd add is that I find chalets far more sociable than hotels and therefore better for me when I'm travelling on my own.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rumdiary wrote:

This is probably what you are looking for - http://www.ski-bunnies.com/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett wrote:
rumdiary wrote:

excellent
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bertie bassett, that is nothing short of inspired
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia wrote:
rumdiary, I realise you're outside the UK. I normally travel with Crystal simply due to the large choice of hotels with single rooms or low twin for sole use supplements, together with the largest range of regional UK flight departures. In the past I've happily travelled alone and got to know people in my hotel to ski with or joined the Crystal guiding days, although I'm more than happy to ski alone. However since I've kept in touch with some of the people I've met over the years, I now have a group of ski buddies and we arrange to be in the same resort (and preferably the same hotel) on the same week. The only slight snag now is that we have two people in our group looking for those all important single rooms.

I quite like this idea, i think im going to be stuck this year for someone to go with and may consider it.

That said I have never done this before and wouldn't want to be lonely lol, if i was to join the ski guiding it might be a good way to achieve this as I have done similar to this in Hill walking but in more of a controlled group.

But then again i have been on group ski trips in the past and been getting fed up with the compromises that have to be made by being in a group and putting up with the same runs or 10am-4pm days on the slopes.

It would be nice to plan my own trip though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you are looking for France, UCPA have centres in many of the big resorts and offer an all inclusive price for accommodation, ski pass, three meals a day, full or half-time ski guiding/tuition and any equipment you need.

The accommodation can be anything from twin rooms en-suite to six in bunks with shared facilities depending on the centre and you will be put with people of same sex/similar age if you are not in a group, so there is never a single supplement. Lots of people go solo to UCPA for this very reason. You'll meet people from all over Europe, but most likely french, swedes and brits.

I've been on lots of UCPA trips and my skiing has always improved. Full time guiding means full time - you'll be out for first lift and back at 4.30 with the option to come back to the centre for lunch or taking a packed lunch for a full day out.

If you book with www.action-outdoors.co.uk, get a £10 discount with the code SP2010.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd recomment you try Club Med, who wont charge a empty bed charge in certain resorts. Club Med also provide ski lessons in groups and a free evening bar and entertainment, so a good way to meet new skiers and boarders. My Company Ski Line offer a 5% discount below the Club Med prices
http://www.skiline.co.uk/Club_Med_Ski_holidays.asp
ski holidays
bertie bassett wrote:
rumdiary wrote:

This has made my day, roll on the lottery win.
ski holidays
Be sure to read the reviews on ski-bunnies.com.
ski holidays
I don't think ski-bunnies dot com is a "work safe" site for me!!!
snow report
Not work safe, wife safe or income safe, especially the two that come together, only 6300 Euros, mind you you have to pay for all the drinks and food as well. I loved the reviews and "offers" and the FAQS an excellent waste of half an hour.
latest report
...... brings a whole new meaning to the word "snowhead" Toofy Grin
ski holidays
DB, badum *tish*
latest report
I don't get it Puzzled Ski-bunnies look too expensive you could get a proper guide for less, I would not want to fall down a crevasse. Shocked
snow report
I think the crevasse's are extra.
snow conditions
boardiac wrote:
I don't think ski-bunnies dot com is a "work safe" site for me!!!

Although for some reason it got through my company Websense filter - WTF?!!!
ski holidays
Ive actually seen the blond bunnies tutorial dvd giving lessons in "pole planting" to a few chaps,.... Confused
latest report
Hi, we have organised six 4-day long ski weekends in Austria and France and would like to let you know about these. They are specifically for singles and solo's. We will have groups of about 20 people on each weekend and we organise flights, airport transfers, half-board accommodation, ski-guides and a skibreaks host, offering 4 full days on the snow and you only need to take 2 days off work. You can fly from London, Stanstead, Manchester, Edinburgh, etc. Visit our website for full details at www.skibreaks.co (yes it's a .co web-address and not a .com), or telephone our office for details; 0845 643 5920.
snow conditions
lightningdan wrote:
bertie bassett wrote:
rumdiary wrote:

Didn't we have a poster on here that went under the name of snowbunnie?
snow report
Lechbob wrote:
I don't get it Puzzled Ski-bunnies look too expensive you could get a proper guide for less, I would not want to fall down a crevasse. Shocked

A guide can't guarantee faceshots Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing wrote:
lightningdan wrote:
bertie bassett wrote:
rumdiary wrote:

We do , she has turned up on shimmy alcotts bonfire thread , she is snobunni.
snow report
DB wrote:

Well worth a read, and then consider...

Quote:
Companionship policy:
The fee paid to your ski bunny is for her time and companionship only.
Anything else that occurs during your time together is a matter of choice between two consenting adults and does not involve any payments.
Other than the usual companionship fee, travel expenses, lift-passes and, if applicable, ski-equipment & ski-school costs, no further payments will be asked for before, during or after the meeting. Anything implied or inferred by any text or images within these pages is NOT to be taken as inducement for payment for anything other than time and companionship.

Laughing
snow conditions
FAQs is quite amusing too.....

Not that I'm obsessed...... Laughing Now, where are my lottery numbers.....??
latest report
Chasseur wrote:
DB wrote:

Quote:
Companionship policy:
Anything else that occurs during your time together is a matter of choice between two consenting adults and does not involve any payments.
Other than the usual companionship fee, travel expenses, lift-passes and, if applicable, ski-equipment & ski-school costs, no further payments will be asked for before, during or after the meeting. Anything implied or inferred by any text or images within these pages is NOT to be taken as inducement for payment for anything other than time and companionship.

Laughing

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 12-11-10 21:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Chasseur wrote:

I think we need somone to have a dry run and see what you get for the 1 day special. We could all chip in 10 Euros then do a lottery style draw for one lucky snowhead.
snow conditions
lightningdan wrote:
Chasseur wrote:

I think we need somone to have a dry run and see what you get for the 1 day special. We could all chip in 10 Euros then do a lottery style draw for one lucky snowhead.

Yes and if Goldsmith wins he will still debate the terms and conditions.
snow report
DB wrote:
lightningdan wrote:
Chasseur wrote:

Yes and if Goldsmith wins he will still debate the terms and conditions.

Luckily he has not found this thread yet, anyway I am happy to chuck in 10 Euros, so DB and Chasseur as well we are only about 1800Euro short.
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:

There was a snowbunny too. Not been around much lately - do you think she might have gone off to set that site up then?
snow conditions
x7 wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:

There was a snowbunny too. Not been around much lately - do you think she might have gone off to set that site up then?

I have checked her blog and she does not match up with any of the ski-bunnies. Shame.
snow report
lightningdan wrote:
x7 wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:

I have checked her blog and she does not match up with any of the ski-bunnies.

You're right, she charges much more wink
snow report
lightningdan wrote:
Chasseur wrote:
DB wrote:

Quote:
Companionship policy:

Laughing

Yes I was suprised at this , is it code for "you will get your leg over" or "not without your platinum card"

Also I was suprised to see in the FAQ section a bit about "treat as you would your wife or girl friend" well I am not forking out all that cash to row alot and sleep back to back!!

Quality Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Some of the ski bunnies haven't even skied, [DG voice]would like to hear when the trade descriptions people have to say about that[/DG voice]. In the reviews some of the clients didn't even ski, weather must have been bad or something. Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy