Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need some help please

i have booked the ski train over to bourg maurice for 2 weeks at the end of january, there will be 3 of us wanting to stay in les arcs, but which one 1600, 1800, 1950 or 2000?
which is the best for access to the pistes, best apres, best choice of accomodation?
is the funicular upto 1600 the best bet for transfer then taxi onto apartment where ever it will be?

if anyone has any links for snowheads apartments they rent it would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ady944, in terms of best access to the pistes there's not much to choose from between the different villages. Lots of accommodation offers true ski in/out access. This includes all the accommodation in 1950 and lots in the other villages. For apres ski Arc 1800 is probably regarded as the liveliest.

From the top of the funicular at Arc 1600 there are free resort shuttle buses which run to the other villages. Alternatively you can catch a scheduled coach service from the train station in Bourg St Maurice to the Les Arcs resorts (I think the cost of this is €10 per person). Taxis are obviously more convenient as they will take you direct to your accommodation (handy is laden with ski luggage) but this is the most expensive option.

My apartment in Arc 1800 is available for rent. Follow the link in my signature for details.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rob@rar your apartment looks ideal but the availibility says its not available for the end of Jan!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ady944, sorry, there's not much availability left for the forthcoming season. If you like the location of my apartment My French Chalet have several apartments in the same building as mine, or Erna Low have accommodation in the same overall development.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
ady944, sorry, there's not much availability left for the forthcoming season. If you like the location of my apartment My French Chalet have several apartments in the same building as mine, or Erna Low have accommodation in the same overall development.

Or some other operators - http://www.pv-holidays.com/alps/arc-1800/mgm-alpages-chantel-chalets_to-rent_1-1_fp in the same block as Rob's place.
Other apartments also in 1800 - http://www.pv-holidays.com/alps/arc-1800/holiday-rental-france-arc-1800_de - Chamettoger has a couple of blocks right on the slopes and has some big appts - although there are other blocks that are not ski in/out also called Charmettoger.

As to which arc - I don't think it matters too much. If you want ski through and chi, chi then go for 1950 (but it costs), 1800 is otherwise the biggest. As to slopes access it's probably more about what block you are in than resort as parts of all 1600 / 1800 / 2000 are ski in, lift out, and there's not much to choose between them in terms of access to the mountains you could do a lap of all of them in not much more than an hour...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223 will tell you quite a bit about the various pistes, restaurants etc...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ady944, If you go to the snow reports section you will find a thread running just for Les Arcs which has all the current info about the place. Many snowheads that have places there post stuff so it would be a good place to ask questions. I only just saw this thread now.

From the sound of your group, Arc 1800 up where Rob has his place is very good as it is truly ski in and out. But you have to walk down in the evening to get to all the bars etc. The problem with most of Arc 1800 is that most of the apartments are not really ski in/out. You have to walk to the lifts, in some places quite a long way. Make sure you ask tour op or who you rent from how far you have to walk to get to the lifts in the morning, some are nearer than others. Coming home you can ski to quite a few of them when the snow conditions are good, but again you need to ask.

There are two main areas for bars and places to eat, Charvet and Villards. Both are good.

In Arc 1950 all apartments really are ski in/out but the night life whilst good is expensive, but you do have the clubs and bars in Arc 2000 which you can get to easily on the way up, but after 11pm you will need to walk back. Most places in Arc 2000 are not ski in/ski out.

I would not bother with Arc 1600 if you like the night life it is very quiet and very French.

You can stay in Bourg as a cheaper option but then you must take the Funi every day. But it is a town so you do not have to pay resort prices for everything.

If you want other current info about Les Arcs you can also visit my Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/snowcrazy.chris#

or send me a PM if you need any other help.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowcrazy wrote:
ady944, If you go to the snow reports section you will find a thread running just for Les Arcs which has all the current info about the place. Many snowheads that have places there post stuff so it would be a good place to ask questions. I only just saw this thread now.

Snowcrazy - there are other sections to snowheads other than snow reports you know wink

Isn't 'resort info and questions' better off in the 'resorts thread?'
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett, nope because I hate posting the same thing twice.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowcrazy wrote:
ady944, If you go to the snow reports section you will find a thread running just for Les Arcs which has all the current info about the place. Many snowheads that have places there post stuff so it would be a good place to ask questions.

Confused No, general questions about a resort should be in this section - the Snow Reports section is for - er - snow reports.

I only look at a snow reports thread if I'm going there yet I might have useful info on a resort if someone posts specifically in this section.

The Les Arcs snow report thread does seem to have broadened its remit somewhat wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy