Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Too much foam?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Or not enough shell?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
depends..... but that would suggest there was too much volume around the rearfoot area of the boot....mind you without seeing the whole boot/foot then it is difficult to say

(normally one layer is enough)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mountain Haddock wrote:
Or not enough shell?

or not enough foot?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The layers were added at different times, by different bootfitters. Possibly as the inner was compressed, possibly as the original foam itself compressed. The original red one was enough to absolutely kill me when I first skied with it...though I always felt it was not exerting the pressure in the appropriate area, ie just behind the ankle.

The boot is a Scarpa Typhoon, as far as I know it's quite generous in space around the ankle, whereas I have narrow ankles and wide / high (-ish) forefeet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
horizon, biggest problem will be the lack of foot in that area and the large amount of shell space , that combined with the liner packing down with use, there are a few options

1 start from scratch ....but will you find a perfect match for your foot
2 replace the liner with a similar type, great in the short to medium term but will pack down in a similar way with time
3 change liner for zip fit, will be a little heavier but can take up a bit more volume in that area of the boot (there is a zipfit heli pro liner which is a combination of a zip fit and the same type of the foam used in the intuition liner, it is a little lighter than the traditional zip fit models so that may be an option

2&3 rely on the size of the boot being correct in the outset
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy