Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland's principal artificial ski centre may be saved by land sale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Cash-strapped Hillend (or 'Midlothian Snowsports Centre' as it's officially known these days) - the largest artificial ski slope in Scotland - may be saved from closure by the sale of adjacent land for housing development, in the form of an "alpine style holiday village".

This report from The Scotsman.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Strewth. It's only being kept going by a lot of public money being thrown at it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David E Goldsmith, so they're going to sell time shares in "Hillend"? will they have go karts like in Aviemore? And an "Edinburgh" Wildlife centre (it's not too far to go to Wester Hailes to get the wildlife)?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OKAY I'M ANGRY NOW!!!!!!!!!

Raise prices to get the shortfall. These people are muppets. Go to this page http://www.midlothian.gov.uk/topic.aspx?topicid=86
then look for prices and it sends you here http://www.midlothian.gov.uk/Article.aspx?TopicId=0&ArticleId=10333
Then click on prices... what a flipping download to find the price. Total amateurs. Guess what. Ohhh the corporate standard .doc (word xml, microsoft's version of the "open" standard) doesn't open in open office. So I cant find out how much the price is unless I reboot into windows.

What about getting a dedicated website and hae prices on it.
AAAAAArrrrgggghhhhhhh

My Answer.... dont raise prices, just get someone in charge that knows how to market it.

And who owns the land???? and it is a greenbelt.... Just because they are a council doesn't make them above the law.

Phew calmed down now.

Bob
latest report
 brian
brian
They should market the chairlift as a sightseeing trip for tourists. Edinburgh is hoaching with them. A fiver for a bus from the city centre and a go on the chairlift. The view from the top over the city is outstanding.

glasgowcyclops, from memory it's a wee bit under a tenner for an hour including hire.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Exactly brian, From memory. However, I would like to see it on the site. And every day I come from Waverly train station past the Royal mile with wee tour buses doing a "Scotland tour". How about a stall selling tickets to Hillend Chairlift.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've heard that most of the shortfall is due to a "management fee" the centre is charged by Mid Lothian council. Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
glasgowcyclops, The whole thing is a joke, compare it with somewhere like Garthdee in Aberdeen that was taken out of the councils hands around three years ago and see the difference.

Its the same for most council facilities,you get the same run around if you try to get the prices to use Sliksworth in Sunderland.

marketing?? whats that??
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy