Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon vital touch

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm new to snowheads. So hi guys! Has anyone demo-ed the new 2010/11 Salomon womens vital touch skis? Was considering purchasing some. I'm also not sure whether to go for 158 or 165's. I'm 5ft 7in....so the 158's are prob best depending on the flexibility of the skis. Any advice would be muchly appreciated!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Tordi, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I don't know the Salomon Vital Touch so can't really help you with your query. What level of skier are you? I'm 5 7 (and about 60 kgs) and ski round about the 163 length. Can you try any out at a snow dome? What length do you usually ski?

And absolutely watch out for those snow snakes! Some got me yesterday at Hemel snow centre Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

What length do you usually ski?

and where do you usually ski (e.g. mostly on piste, mostly off-piste) and how much do you weigh?

and welcome to snowheads. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hiya cathy. Currently I ski a 153 salomon lady ski. When I got them it was 153 or 161, and I didn't feel advanced enough to go for the 161 as I wanted maneuverability. However, now I'm a much better skier, i'd say intermediate/advanced (def not expert though). As time has gone on, I've found the 153 quite short, and not very stable when skiing fast on piste. Hence why I was deliberating the 165. I didn't see any at Ellis Brigham in Castleford to try out, but might drop them an email to see if they have them.

Snow snakes are evil.....they gave me a broken leg in austria 3 years back....mumble mumble.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh and I weigh about 147lbs (last time I checked!!!). I do a bit of off piste occasionally, but my salomon lady skis are good for the fluffy stuff, so now I was wanting a ski more for the piste to add to my collection. Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tordi, Welcome to the madhouse, I am also not keen on snow snakes - my twisted ankle has still not fully recovered from 2 years back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tordi, in my non-expert opinion, your current length of 153 would be too short, as you are probably finding. Not much to choose between 158 and 165, it would be down to what you feel more comfortable with & you might find the leap from 153 to 165 a bit of a jump. If EB at Castleford don't have that particular ski to test you could try some other skis at that length to see how you get on with them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To be honest, I think the 153s have been brill so far. Only problem, like I say, is the tendency to vibrate a bit a high speeds. They were excellent in tignes last year when it dumped loads of powder one night. The next day, most folks on piste skis were mostly face planted, whilst I was floating on top of the amazing powder!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy