Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
Anybody been to Zermatt first week of the season?
We are going skiing on the 12th Dec,Zermatt looking favourite are snow conditions ok?is it fully open?
Thanks for any info
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You should expect about 20 - 30% of the ski area to be open in an average season.

If it gets a great start to the season, then 40 - 60% will be open.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks.
Any recommendations for good snow that week?
We have the week booked but not the resort,we went to Chamonix same time last year and only one face was open,we were alternating that with going to Cormayeur every other day-it was still a good week though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
humbucker wrote:
Thanks.
Any recommendations for good snow that week?

Whatever looks promising come 1st dec? why book in advance for one of the quietest weeks of year?

otherwise pick somewhere large and relatively high e.g. Tignes, valthorens, cervinia etc. Couple of years back approx 60% of the les arcs domain was open that weekened and probably some 80% was open by the end of the week..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold wrote:
You should expect about 20 - 30% of the ski area to be open in an average season.

???

We've been 2nd weekend of December for the last 2 years and everything was open. I'll try and dig out the threads pictures for you later.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies everyone.
I fancy Zermatt because we have never been there,it has a good snow history and has altitude,linked to cervina and apparently you can get the train to sass fee as well from zermatt,sounds like a decent shout to me.
waitng till early december is the other alternative.
Bobinch-if you drop some photos on-that would be great.
cheers.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was there from 28th November last year and after a heavy dump of snow at the start of the week most of the piste domain was open.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, last year was exceptional I think, wasn't it?

Mind you we went New Year 08/09 and it was 100% open apart from the T-bars up at Trifti (sp?) and we were skiing in knee deep powder on piste mid week.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
humbucker, some pictures in this thread. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=62294

The first few are from May, lower down there are some from the last 2 Decembers

paulio, 08/09 enjoyed an exceptional start to the season - we skied deep powder in Verbier in November, Val Thorens 1st weekend December and Zermatt 2nd weekend.

09/10 was nowhere near as good in November and December - I think snow depths were nearer to the average for that time of year
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
paulio wrote:
rob@rar, last year was exceptional I think, wasn't it?

I don't know. The snow was quite sparse when I arrived and not many pistes were open. But within a few hours it started to snow heavily and continued for the like that for most of the next two days, with 70cm falling at resort level. With that amount of snow the majority of the pistes were soon opened up, so I don't think that anyone can say with certainty that only 20-30% will be open before Christmas as far in excess of that was open when I was there last season.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BobinCH wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

???

We've been 2nd weekend of December for the last 2 years and everything was open. I'll try and dig out the threads pictures for you later.

facts don't seem to be relevant to the stuff whitegold posts.....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy