Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

en route stop off in alpe d'heuz or les deuxs alpes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We will be travelling to Puy St Vincent from Grenoble and would like to stop off at either Alpe d'huez or les 2 alpes for a few hours skiing along the way. as we can't get into our accomodation until the late afternoon.

Husband and son will want to ski, and daughter and I will probably have a swim if there is a pool or do some shopping. Suggestions and recomendations on resort and where to park for easiest access etc would be very helpful plus and idea of how long it takes to get to both resorts once you turn off the main rd.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be tempted to check out Serre Chevalier in those circumstances. You have to pass through it anyway so you avoid driving up windy roads to LDA or ADH and the new swimming pool/hot spring complex in Monetier looks v nice.

If that doesn't appeal, ADH has pretty good swimming/non skiing facilities. Not sure about how LDA compares on that front. Shopping in LDA is probably a little better than ADH
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, I think the plan was to check out Serre chevalier for a day whilst we are away anyway as 11 days skiing puy will probably be too much!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fizz, wot Arno, said. You can park at the lift station at Monetier, and you won't need to drive up and down the mountain. Depending on the dates though, thermal baths may not open until the afternoon.Some little craft and gift shops in the village, and some nice patisseries, salon du thé, and restaurants. Easy to get a pedestrian pass for the chairlift and join them for lunch.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fizz, In Alpe D'huez I would suggest parking in Le Bergers area, there's plenty of parking there and good lift access. There is a small shopping area there with a few shops, bars, cafes, etc. Main town where the pool and shops are isn't far away to walk.

There's plenty of parking in the centre of Les Deux Alpes but it does seem to get busy, just drive around until you find a space. Plenty of shops, bars and pool near the main lifts.

On changeover day the road from Grenoble and the roads up to both resorts get pretty busy. On a clear day I guess it's 20 - 30 mins up to each.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fizz, check out Montgenevre or maybe somewhere like Pelvoux if you want a day off from Puy and don't want to do Serre Che twice. However, Monetier is at the far end of the ski area from Briancon (which is presumably where you'd start from if you were heading over from Puy) so you could easily do a second day without crossing tracks from your first day
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fizz, I'd agree with what Arno says, especially as you could then head to Montgenevre for a day out from PSV. That said while you will get days at Serre Che on a PSV I don't know if you get days at Montgenevre.

Out of the other two, L2A has a pool etc. as does AdH, I think L2A has a slightly more compact lay out and is probably a shorter drive from the main road (don't go up to Auris/Vaujany for AdH if you aren't skiing as there's nothing there). There's a lot of parking in L2A although the spaces in town fill up quickly in busy weeks, I guess the same is true for AdH, I only ever drove there after Auris had shut so can't really comment on that.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
actually, there is a pretty nice pool/spa complex at Vaujany but pretty much nothing else except for a nice view!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does anyone know if there is age restriction on the pools are daughter will only be 3.5 years?
Quote:

check out Montgenevre or maybe somewhere like Pelvoux if you want a day off from Puy and don't want to do Serre Che twice. However, Monetier is at the far end of the ski area from Briancon (which is presumably where you'd start from if you were heading over from Puy) so you could easily do a second day without crossing tracks from your first day

We were definately thinking a day at Serre chevalier Via Briancon, and an afternoon at pelvoux, thanks for that idea
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fizz, thermal spa is only from 4 years old, but there's a pool in Briancon.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't park in any blue marked bays in ADH - they are for locals only - you will get a ticket and a €11 fine

Err so a friend told me Embarassed
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why not check out Vaujany? Its about a 20 min drive off the main road before you hit Bourg d'Oisans.

There is a really nice pool with great mountain views and a decent slide in the Espace Loisirs and there are also two lift options for quick skiing access.

AFAIK you can buy a lift ticket for just Vaujany/Oz or for the full Alpe d'Huez domain.

As its a small resort, parking and getting to the lifts and pool is really easy.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno, in that case Vaujany might be a good place to stop off, certainly closer to the main road than AdH or L2A.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy