Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Night skiing from a New Zealand ropetow, by a Colorado instructor armed with a nutcracker

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Worth a read! Just posted on the Aspen Daily News site, by Kevin McDonald:

http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/142115

Quote:
All right so we are here, but where? Where is the ski slope and where are the lights? My Kiwi friend says, “There it is mate,” pointing straight ahead to a ’70s style rope-tow with no more than six light bulbs strung overhead to guide your way up the mountain
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I recall those nutcrackers. We used them on ropetows on the grass-skiing circuit in England, back in the '70s, so I can confirm the authenticity of the quote above! However ... that was done in bright summer sunlight.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like an average night out at Broken River. It is a great little club run area that has great terrain and gets some great snow. I have not done their night skiing but it is a wonderful place. The walk in filters out a lot of muppets so the company is usually interesting. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
'70s style rope tow? I used one like that, with a nut cracker, in the early 60s on Mount Cook.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BR is a great hill. Going to be living an hour and a bit away from it soon, and looking forward to it Very Happy

For a bit of nostalgia for the non-kiwis - here's a pic of my harness/nutcracker and glove protector

This is the rope tow at Roundhill - right by Mt Cook - 1.4km's long with 600m of vertical. It's a killer

Very Happy

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy