Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine early Jan , whose been

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Ive just booked a week in Morzine from 2nd -9th Jan, then remembered its a pretty low resort. Booked the resort as I will be going with my wife (who likes Morzine and won't be skiing this time) and new baby who will be 5 months in Jan. Just wanted to check whose been there at that time of the year and what kind of snow conditions you had. Hopefully good.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Drluvski, ski Les Gets every New Year and therefore into Morzine. No guarantees of course, but we have had snow for the last six years, with the exception of that awful year ?2007 where it was bad everywhere. Then we lost just one day before the snow returned.
There may not be snow in the town but that's possibly a good thing if your wife wants to walk with baby in pushchair. It's a great resort for a non-skier IMO Very Happy And you should find it relatively quiet on the slopes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lou, Thats good to know, fingers crossed for loads of snow on the slopes and none in the village then. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Drluvski, we are usually in Les Gets (next door to Morzine) from mid-December to the end of January, New Year of I think 2008-2009 had a bit of a wet couple of days and then the snow came back very well. Very often find that just when the village quietens down and all the crowds have gone after new year that the snow falls. But very easy for you to access Avoriaz from Morzine in any case. And as Lou, says Morzine has plenty to keep a non-skier occupied - probably why she wants to go back there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pamski, Yes, we went to Morzine a couple of years ago and really liked the place. Good village and enjoyed the slopes. Had a full day of skiing in the rain last time (Mid February), but the rest of the week was great. Decided that It would be good to have our first "baby trip" to a resort we both know we will like. Managed to pick up some great baby outfits in the Ellis Brigham sales.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Easy enough to walk around even with lots of snow. Ski in to Morzine from the Les Gets side but even if there is minimum snow in Morzine taking the Gondola up to Avoriaz will leave you with plenty to slide around on.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lou, Yes it was 2007 when by 16th Jan Les Gets was closed due to lack of snow and the rest of the season was a bot hit and miss as there was never a real cold base. We went to Les Gets late Feb that year and hit lucky with heavy snow on the first day, but then had a lot of rain as well that week. I remember photos posted here on snowheads with very brown ugly "snow" all the way through Avoriaz that year. Let's hope no repeat in 2011 as I am there mid Jan!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Drluvski, I was in Avoriaz early/mid January 2010 and skied down to meet some pals who were staying Morzine and there was planty of snow. But I did get woken up that very morning at 5:30am to the blissful sound of explosions and avi control Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skied there mid Jan 2009 - plenty of snow then. So much midweek that it took most of the day to open the route to Avoriaz. Then 2 days of nice off piste, 1 around Lindarets, next on Mont Chery. Snow in the village and all the lower routes open. I had to go home a day earlier than everyone else (for a conference) and apparently the saturday I missed was properly horrible - ice falling horizontally from the sky and really windy. So bad that the ice covered GVA airport & delayed all the flights 3hrs+. I expect that weather system affected more than just the PdS.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Drluvski, I've had - over 22 years where I've skied the PDS at least once with one exception -

I've seen:

deep powder
slush
rain
skied on man made snow only
high winds
no wind
average conditions
out of average conditions
sunshine for 9 weeks with not a drop of snow after Xmas week
snow every day for a week

et al., ad naus., and everything in between.

You are going at a time of year that is a little risky. Past results give little indications of future performance...

If all is normal, if nothing else, you will be able to ski Avoriaz.

It's a great place, it has loads of things to do if you aren't or can't ski. Don't worry, it's a holiday after all.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name, Cheers for that. Didn't make it to Avoriaz last time I went. I know you can ski there, but do buses also run between Morzine and Avoriaz?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Drluvski, yep - if there's snow you can ski to Avoriaz using the Super Morzine liaison. If there isn't cover for that link there are buses to Prodains (cable car or chairlift access and more regular) or Ardent (telecabine).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Late Jan 2009 - poured with snow en-route making the drive extremely hazardous and trouser-filling. Good sunny conditions all week giving way to some slush, as I recall, and pistes a bit worn out and bare by the end of the week.

None of this is useful though, since next year isn't two years ago.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy