Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mont Blanc Unlimited Ski Pass confirmed for 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Mont Blanc Unlimited Season Pass is now on sale. Eur780 until 29th November. Same terms as last year ie Verbier (4 Valleys) and Courmayeur included.

http://www.compagniedumontblanc.com/pages/skipass_season_annual_chamonix_gb.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
£650 for the season. sounds reasonable for the amount of uplift available, although a huge initial outlay, its about £110/month. I wonder how other huge area season passes compare, e.g 3v, Paradiski, PdeS?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks BobinCH, any info about what the residents discount is?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mountain Haddock, PDS is 775 euros for the season, or 612 euros for:

1. personnes domiciliées en Haute-Savoie (carte d'identité faisant foi)
2. résidents secondaires dans les stations Françaises des Portes du Soleil
AB/SP/

http://www.avoriaz.com/station-alpes-france/documents/916-pds-10-11-euros-jusqu-au-01-04-11-publics.pdf
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wow that Mont Blanc Pass looks very good value.

I'm probably being dum but I cna't work out what exaclty is incuded in it. it mentiosn Verbier and the 4 valleys .. is that unlimited all season as well or for a set number of days. Courmayuer as well ... how does that fit in.

... and what is the disocunt on the tunnel ???

anyone know ??
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BobinCH, thanks for the heads up, nice that Verbier is still on there.

It is a 4% price increase though, at a time when a lot of tourist based industries are cutting their prices. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MBU prices (before discount) go up from €1077 to €1250 the season before, that's what 16%! So from €1077 to €1300 in 2 years, ouch.

Still going to buy it though, which I guess is why they can put the price up. Sad

They can wait till the 28th Nov for my money though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Touchguru, not sure if there is a residents deal. Here are the details of the workers offer but it looks pretty poor to me unless you are a beginner.

"Work and Ride"

"Chamonix Le Pass" 400 Euros

- On sale from 1st December 2010, at the Montenvers ticket office (Chamonix)

- Available upon presentation of documentary evidence to provide : personnal photo and identity card, Season work contract established by an Employer registered in the Chamonix Canton, contract of 2 months minimum, 90 hours per month
- A revalidation of the lift pass is compulsory at the Montenvers ticket office from 10th march 2011 (upon presentation of the February 2011 pay slip)

If you're a half decent skier the saving of Euro380for "Le Pass" vs "MBU" is a false economy as you lose top lift of GM, Aiguile du midi, Hellbroner ie most of the reasons for going to Chamonix in the first place!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BobinCH, There is a residents deal, it will be sent out around the same time as the tax demands, normally Sept/October.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RichA, Yes it includes full unlimited access to 4 Valleys (including Bruson). Note Verbier opens at weekends as soon as there's snow. 1st Nov for last 2 years. Only downer is that you need to queue up for a day pass (free) each day.

Courmayeur and Hellbronner are 30 mins away through the MB tunnel. Full access there as well and once you have your pass "activated" (on first visit) no further need to queue up.

There's a free bus that leaves at 8.45 and 9.45 from Chamonix station returning at the end opf the day from Courmayeur or you can take your own car for a discounted 11 euros each way (normal price 33 euro each way or 45 euro return). Best choice though is take the bus, do 2 or 3 laps of Hellbroner and then ski back to Chamonix down the Vallée Noir. In good conditions it'll be one of the best ski days you'll ever do.

The pass is valid on the Aiguille du midi until 30th May - we used it to ski Valléé Blanche and go up Mt Blanc until 28th last season - so you are essentially getting a 7 month pass from 1st November to 30th May. Add in the fact that you're getting the best lift served terrain on the planet for an adventurous skier and you have a pretty awesome value proposition.

Regarding price it was 750 Euros last year so up 30 Euros. I reckon it's an absolute bargain.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RichA, Verbier & Courmayeur use is unlimited. You need a new free day pass each time at Verbier but just need your pass activating the first time you go to Courmayeur. The tunnel discount is significant, at least 40% from memory, had to by 2 in 1 day last season due to abandoning a car in Italy after discovering the conditions were so bad on our partial descent from the top of the Monte Bianco cars, went back up and did 2no VB descents instead, but then car in Italy, us in Chamonix rolling eyes

You also get 3 free day passes for other Haute Sav resorts.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BobinCH, why do I type so slow, that's always happening to me.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, what is it roughly? I've heard about €1000-€1200 MBU year for a couple. Does that sound about right?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BobinCH, &midgetbiker, ... thanks guys

I'm based in Vaud (near Nyon) and have friends with property up at the far end of the 4 valleys so I will probably be round there more than in the French resorts but I'm very tempted by this. Even on last years prices it seems like the cheapest early deal you can get a whole 4 valleys pass for is 1200 CHF (920 EUR) so it might be worth putting up with having to get a pass everyday considering it's 150€ cheaper and you get way more areas. Always wanted to go to Courmayeur as well and never made it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RichA, I'ld say it's worth it just for the saving on 4 valleys (admittedly added agro) but then one weekend trip to do a few Vallee descents, maybe another trip to the PDS on your day passes and you are quids in.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RichA, From Nyon it's only 1h20m to Le Chable. No excuse for less than 50 days skiing this season Happy

ps I skied a lot more in Verbier than Cham last season and I rarely had to queue for the pass. It really wasn't an issue.
snow report
midgetbiker, Don't think it's that much for GDP to be honest.
snow report
midgetbiker, last year carte residente couples paid (IIRC) €1,050 for the pair. Not bad, hoping it doesn't increase too much this year.
ski holidays
Last year Grand Massif season pass, early purchase discount: Adult €400, child €200.
snow report
Thanks for the previous info BobinCH

Just purchased my MBU pass. Bring it!!! Very Happy
snow report
For those who have ordered an MBU pass online, mine just arrived today! Smile
Let the countdown commence!!! Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

last year paid (IIRC) €1,050 for the pair

Quite a hike in price having picked them up yesterday for € 1,236 (2 annual MBU passes, couple and residents' discount).

18% increase? What's that all about then?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy