Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes instructors

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

So, we are booked into the Ski & Board camp via Mountainsun (20-23 November), and are looking for instructor recommendations. We are:

1 x boy snowboarder (me). I did some lessons with Neil at Alliance Snowboarding last year and was v happy, so will probably book again. also, I had a couple of days of ski lessons (back in 06), and might dabble a bit again on 1 of the days (conditions depending, of course - if there is any powder skiing will have to wait for the main season).
1 x 2 week girl skier
1 x 1 week girl skier (Mrs B, who is also a 1.5 week boarder)
1 x very very nervous <1 week girl skier with acrophobia (fear of heights). I think this might be her final attempt at overcoming the fear for the sake of skiing Sad

Is it possible to do say 3 x mornings lessons (Sun, Mon, Tues) on a "group lessons" basis (private is $$$), and do you have any recommendations. The 3 girls will probably have to be in separate lessons, as there is quite a difference between them.

Cheers all
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boardiac, Mountainsun have a deal with The Development Centre for ski lessons. Not sure whether they cater for (near) beginners but it's worth contacting them. I had a couple last year (and am doing so again this year) with Gavin Lewis of TDC and he was very good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
steve angus is sh and works for tdc..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks - contacted tdc. what special deals do they have with Mountainsun? any others/alternatives?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last year it was 45 euros for one 3 hour group session or I think 80 for 2. There are some details on Mountainsun's and TDC's websites.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret wrote:
steve angus is sh and works for tdc..

a bit intrigued!! what does "sh" mean?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
benharriski, Ha ha, not sh**, but Snowhead, he's fairly regular on here Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
benharriski,

Hi Ben R U TDC boys planning a takeover of snowHead 's
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
benharriski, oops sorry left out he is "a" SH

boardiac, and forgot to mention stewart woodward, who is a good tignes instructor, i wasnt sure when he arrived in resort...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
and Rorie Scott
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rorie Scott is a great bloke and an excellent instructor - would heartily recommend him Very Happy

Contact info here

P.S. He's a Snowhead too snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi,
Anyone heard of Alpine tracks in Tignes?, they are running a ski camp in Decemeber I was thinking of attending, the instructor is Ian Mckellar, these guys any good?

Another option was the Warren smith course in Verbier but the flights/accommadation looks a bit pricey due to the changover days this year. Whats the opinion on these?

Thanks
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
njl1968,

I believe this is a new venture for Alpine Tracks. They have accomodation in both Tignes Le Lac & Les Brevieres. According to their web site the accomodation in Le Lac does not open untill December, so you might be staying in Les Brevieres.

For an alternative try www.snoworks.co.uk who have accomodation in Le Lac and offer a greater variety of courses.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Stewart,
Snoworks look a good bet I am thinking of the 'all terain' course on the 5th dec would be good, just a little worried on the snow front that early!

Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks for the mention skimottaret. Yea I am teaching with TDC but I am based over the road in Val but non the less Ben Harris works for TDC in Tignes. Rorie Scott is a top bloke and of course Stewart Woodward (both Snowheads) will provide excellent tuition. boardiac you have several options.

I will have to count myself out - will be working on our place non stop during November. Have fun!

Steve
snow report
I'd fully reccomend Nick at Ski Encore, possibly the most positive guy I've ever met and agreat instructor.
http://www.skiencore.com/
snow conditions
aswallow, You wouldn't happen to be the Resort Manager for New Gen in Tignes by chance? rolling eyes
ski holidays
njl1968, I have heard of Ian McKellar I believe he is a very good bumps skier.
ski holidays
Another vote for Rorie Scott from me, he did lessons for me and my gf last year and we both agreed it was the best tuition we'd ever had-he was especially good at helping gain confidence for my gf who is also scared of steep slopes and speed, we plan to book lessons again for our trip at the end of November if he's available, thats how good he is.
snow report
5 December in Tignes I have done a couple of times - not a problem with snow at this time of year and always the fall back of the glacier. Snoworks get my vote.
latest report
njl1968, if you're looking for further recommendations, I'd recommend http://www.inspiredtoski.com/. I'm doing an All Mountain course with them in Tignes myself, from 5 December. I've done two courses with them before and found the instruction to be excellent.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy