Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rent/buy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The story so far... I have a pair of K2 Recons and I love them dearly in a "male attachment to kit" way. Last season had a great week in Whistler where there was so much snow I was like a pig in muck. The Recons didn't do the conditions justice (I know that a ski god can ski powder in a pair of flippers if required but i haven't quite hit that peak yet) rented some Rossis which were great in the fluff and more than adequate on piste although at "88" maybe a little narrow for some tastes. Now do I upgrade? In a good year I get 3 weeks skiing.
My current view is to rent on the basis that most airlines now charge for carriage, skis have to be serviced, and rentals can be changed with the conditions. Servicing my own skis is NOT an option!
Any helpful thoughts welcome!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I own my own skis on the basis that I bought them secondhand and it costs a whole lot more to hire anything decent in Europe than the £15 each way for ski carriage and £15 per year to get them serviced.

But maybe if you are travelling to Canada/USA this is not the case. Do some sums!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just take two pairs of skis in one ski bag. One pair for each option - piste or powder.

Nobody ever checks in ski bags, and nobody weighs them in my experience.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Monium wrote:
Just take two pairs of skis in one ski bag. One pair for each option - piste or powder.

Seconded
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Wrong - every time we have travelled to NA the boots/ ski bags have been weighed - as their combined weight shouldnt exceed 23kg.

Ski bags are xrayed when you drop em off so they do check their contents - whether they act on it though is a different matter wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bones, I've never been to an excess baggage counter that is checked by the airline Puzzled

They weigh them (on occasion) but there are ways to lighten your bag Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Monium, already do that as sneak Mrs Psychos' skis in my bag. carrying 4 pairs of skis likely to mean I won't be fit to do any skiing!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scotia, neither have I, they have weighed the skis/boots at normal check in desk with hold luggage. As to lightening your bag, our skis/boots never hit the full allowance on the way out, even with the added gear in there wink so need to lighten.

In fact its only occasionally we have actually come close to our total luggage allowances on return trips Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PsychoBabble, doing 3 weeks a season take your recons or buy a new pair for what you usually ski and rent fatties locally on a powder day
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy