Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are we nearly there yet?................

Poster: A snowHead
Can I be wildly optimistic?

It must be 54 days since the last lift served turns on Cairngorm...

another 54 (i think Toofy Grin ) makes it to the 12th of October, what the earliest a season has started up there and is it too early for a sweapstake Toofy Grin

And yes work is slow this morning.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im in florida at the minute and already thinking about snow. It it 93f with 90% humidity and i even asked a local has it even snowed here (80 miles south of tampa) and he said that it has snowed once in his lifetime and that was 47 years ago!!! I so hope we have a cold winter again!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevindonkleywood wrote:
Can I be wildly optimistic?

It must be 54 days since the last lift served turns on Cairngorm...

another 54 (i think Toofy Grin ) makes it to the 12th of October, what the earliest a season has started up there and is it too early for a sweapstake Toofy Grin

And yes work is slow this morning.... Toofy Grin
Hi it Is good to be amongst others constantly wishing for snow. . . snow stake why not. .were you at cairngorm on 21 june. . Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Found this snippet about Killington in Vermont,

'Killington Mountain has an impressive 60 miles of trails covered using artificial snowmakers. This has enabled people to ski Killington as early as the first week in October and as late as June (most seasons run from late October to May).

So you may be a week or two too early (Ignoring Glaciers and the Southern hemisphere)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowflo, Its even worse than that Toofy Grin I look at the sunshine and hope it will rain 'cos the mat will slide better'

Quote:

were you at cairngorm on 21 june. .

sadly I missed the last few turns

EDIT: Worse = Deeply sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Earliest I have skied lift served turns in Scotland was 31/10, 2008 I think? Apparently you don't want early snow though as it often means a bad season later on.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Apparently you don't want early snow though as it often means a bad season later on.

I don't believe that "early snow" means anything - good or bad - about the season later on.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
. .some of the forecasts for weather are making comparisons for 2010/11 to 2008. .I was not a snowheads then so dont really remember but what I read there was good snow. . Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spud9 wrote:

'Killington Mountain has an impressive 60 miles of trails covered using artificial snowmakers. This has enabled people to ski Killington as early as the first week in October and as late as June (most seasons run from late October to May).

I was in Boston a few years ago in the first week of October. Local TV was running items on the race for the first resort to open and showed Killington looking snowy and some kids riding on boards. I had a couple of days spare so drove up to Killington to find that there was maybe 200 metres of artificial snow (including stuff sprayed on to trees to make it look wintery) at the top of on of the trails, being used by a few kids who were bunking off school. So not quite "open", but a pleasant drive through New England at that time of year so not a wasted journey Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowflo wrote:
. .some of the forecasts for weather are making comparisons for 2010/11 to 2008. .I was not a snowheads then so dont really remember but what I read there was good snow. . Smile

It really is impossible to get any real idea this early. Even general long range forecasts are not that accurate, and in teh mountains, very much less so.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm working in Shanghai until Christmas and I can't stop thinking about skiing. Thats why I've been posting on here so much over the last few days. Hopefully save enough cash to go for a few trips this season. I might even try the ESB.

I have discovered that there is a 200m indoor ski slope near work. Very Happy I've heard the equipment is poor, the lifts are slow and the snow is crap but other than flying to New Zealand its the best option so far. I think I'll give it a bash. Anyone been? I'll start a new thread..........
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
just checked, its 380m Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spud9 wrote:

That's old news now. Killington had changed owner. The new owner decided it's not profitable to open early and close late. So, no more skiing in October or into June any more.

rob@rar wrote:
I was in Boston a few years ago in the first week of October. Local TV was running items on the race for the first resort to open and showed Killington looking snowy and some kids riding on boards. I had a couple of days spare so drove up to Killington to find that there was maybe 200 metres of artificial snow (including stuff sprayed on to trees to make it look wintery) at the top of on of the trails, being used by a few kids who were bunking off school. So not quite "open", but a pleasant drive through New England at that time of year so not a wasted journey Happy

It used to be Killington open till June. At the same time, they also start doing life-served mtn biking starting from June! So one year, I was riding my bike around the mountain and found myself narrowly missing a skier getting off the lift (on the other side of the mountain)! The look on his face (and I bet, mine) was... priceless!

As for the "stuff sprayed on to trees", I think they might be simply a by-product of snowmaking -- the wind blows some of the "white stuff" onto the trees even though they were intended for the ground. Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Already snowing in Austria apparently. Saw this the other day on Crystal's Twitter:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crystalski/4948130337/in/set-72157624856463324/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It felt a bit chilly in the air last couple of nights.....roll on WINTER !!
ski holidays
Winter website up for Serre Che, lift pass prices and opening dates announced.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy