Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Another sweet day in the 3 valleys, plenty of fresh snow and cold (-15 on summits). Here are a couple of offpisteskiing well you guessed it... offpisteskiing!

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And just to complete the multi-media experience:

Courchevel pre-season powder from Simon Christy
http://vimeo.com/17416408
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yum yum 9 days to go !! save some for the Inside Out Ski Club snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fantastic! Just over a month to go for me snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just over 21 hours to go Toofy Grin

Aiming to be the first person on the first lift of the first day of the season in Méribel NehNeh
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing cool 15 days to go then 3weeks !!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
proveres, wow! Very Happy Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
First day of the lifts in Courchevel & first pair of jeans already spotted on the slopes. All I need now is the monoski sighting... Very Happy

(PS Blue skies, very cold, good snow...)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Méribel also opened today. More crowded that usual for opening day, particulary at the lift office. Although there is plenty of snow, the on-piste conditions were only average. Off-piste very good, with fresh snow to mid-shin level in places. However, thinner cover in many places and base not consolidate, so ski bases are going to need attention tonight. Whether was beautiful sunshine, as offpisteskiing, said, but very cold, around -10 at 1400m.

Some pics comming soon...

P.S. I failed to make the first lift of the season, 'cos the battery on my Landruiser died
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Couple of Pics from today...

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cathy wrote:

Me too! Looks awesome, hope it stays cold so the snow keeps well for 9th Jan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
12 days for me!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
33 sleeps to go! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, I'm heading to 1650 Dec 26th.

I'm new to skiing having been twice last year, and don't know much about conditions.

I know snow can be fickle, and there's little at present, but could anyone give me an idea as to what proportion of lifts/runs are generally open for new year skiing?

At present I gather there's not a lot. Are the resorts lifts/runs usually fully open by then, or can I realistically expect only the upper slopes to be open?

Thanks...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
billymahoney wrote:
Hi, I'm heading to 1650 Dec 26th.

I'm new to skiing having been twice last year, and don't know much about conditions.

I know snow can be fickle, and there's little at present, but could anyone give me an idea as to what proportion of lifts/runs are generally open for new year skiing?

At present I gather there's not a lot. Are the resorts lifts/runs usually fully open by then, or can I realistically expect only the upper slopes to be open?

Thanks...

Welcome to snowheads..

No guarantees but the resort would look to get the maximum possible number of lifts open for that week.

I did the week before in 1650 about 6 years ago, and had a great ski lesson on the sunday - instructor said "good job you weren't here last week what we're skiing now was all grass"

It's not stopped me going to 3v for the same week again this year...

Enjoy - it'll be great...
latest report
Quote:

what proportion of lifts/runs are generally open for new year skiing?

generally, all of them. Welcome to snowheads. You'll have a great time - and 1650, when we spent a year there in a very poor week for snow, had the best snow in the entire 3 Valleys. snowHead Just don't eat or drink too much in bars and restaurants, or you'll come home skint.
latest report
I was there over New Year last year. Almost all lifts were open. Some of the lowest runs back to the resorts were not open.

Some higher lifts and runs were closed when it was chucking it down with snow!
ski holidays
Hi

Heading out to Meribel-Mottaret on Sunday for some three valleys skiing - cannot wait!!!! snowHead

Anyone there currently? Whats it like?
ski holidays
Blue skies in Courchevel today, and still very quiet on the piste. Cold, firm & grippy generally, with the odd bit of softness up high.

Nice views as always:

snow report
offpisteskiing, how was it lower down? did the rain ice the pistes up or have they been bashed back into shape?
snow conditions
skimottaret, didn't go any lower than bottom of Biollay... not too bad down to there. Definitely getting firmer the lower you go though.

All the higher pistes were good - Combe de Saulire, Combe des Pylones, M, Suisses (bit icy lower down but thats not unusual at the best of times!)
snow report
Off to Courchevel tomorrow with Always29 and Sideways_Jnr. Thanks for the picture offpisteskiing, nice to know theres some white stuff left for when we get there.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
cathy wrote:

Me too! Looks awesome, hope it stays cold so the snow keeps well for 9th Jan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'll see you both there Smile
snow conditions
Hi all
Heading to Val Thorens on the 26th od Dec anyone recommend anywhere near there to do a bit of off piste, also one else heading there ?
Any one recommend any good instructors there for, improving the off piste skills
or any good video tutorials for off piste! ???

Thanks
J
latest report
ski new gen
snow report
looks like quite a bit of snow in the pics from overnight... anyone confirm how much there was on the mountain? or are you all too busy skiing Very Happy
latest report
It was knee deep in places, boot deep elsewhere. Snowed all day, still snowing now. Currently having a coffee at Rond Point hoping my feet come back to life so I can have a couple more runs now the teaching duties are over for the day.
latest report
Awesome powder today, it didnt stop snowing all day and it's still snowing now. I reckon it was around half a metre. It doesn't get any better than this Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was over my knees coming down into the St Martin valley from the top. Just 4 sets of tracks before me. Amazing. All the posted are much improved for the new snow on both sides of the valley. Had the avalanche control out so not all runs open. Looks great out there now.
snow report
Perfect, perfect snow in the Trois Vallees. Knee deep, and deeper, champagne powder everywhere. Rarely have I seen snow this light. Pistes in brilliant condition. It's a sunny bluebird day, but temperatures the wrong side of -20° being the only downside.

Happy days!
snow report
Looks pretty stunning! Very Happy
latest report
Hey guys, heading back out on Monday for a while, more worried about the snow here than the snow there at the moment!
ski holidays
Epic day indeed !

Sunny, quiet, knee-deep powder, and minus 20
snow report
Quote:

temperatures the wrong side of -20° being the only downside.

I suppose that's what's made for such super light snow. Tomorrow might be a bit more crowded, I guess - brilliant, deserted, slopes all round on the webcams today.
snow report
It was a nice day in Meribel Happy

snow report
Lovely pictures! How're your toes rob@rar?
snow conditions
cathy wrote:
Lovely pictures! How're your toes rob@rar?

Painful, but I think I'll live. In frostbite terms I think it's the equivalent of man-flu, so I don't really deserve too much sympathy wink
snow report
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Is a "touch of frostbite" not akin to a "touch of pregnancy"?
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Is a "touch of frostbite" not akin to a "touch of pregnancy"?

No, there are four stages of frostbite, from 1 (frostnip) to 4 (pass me the hacksaw). I think I have a mild dose of stage 2.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy