Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
The snow has gone at resort level Sad but the good thing is that it has cooled the ground nicely.

A cheap lunch in Courchevel is not difficult to find.. the Bakery in the forum (above Kalicos) is pretty cheap as long as you avoid the pastry end of the counter.. also you can get a cheap panini underneath Chalet de Pierre (the super posh expensive restaurant near the end of Verdon, the green run in to Courchevel). Ski past the outdoor decking where every one is paying too much for beer and then there is a hole in the wall with a few deck chairs.. I like to get a panini from here and tuck it in my jacket (they are always too hot to eat straight away), get back on the lift and find a spot with a nice view.

Boulette in 1650 is great value no nonsense food (other side of road to L'Eterlou).

Think I'll stop before I give all my secrets away...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

get back on the lift and find a spot with a nice view.

How do you get them to stop the lift when you have your perfect view in sight?? wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
He just leans over to the Russian at the side of him, opens their handbag and throws their dog to the ground.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not very wintry here in Bozel today - so hot playing tennis even the tshirt came off..! Here's hoping for some cooler weather soon...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All change today - snowline down to ~1200m, and according to some forecasts snowing down to about 800m overnight!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep! Damn cold down here in Bozel and can see snow line just above us.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
offpisteskiing, excellent, theskibug, is it raining where you are or snowing tonight?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
theskibug, is it possible to ski down to Bozel and, more importantly, is there any way to get back up to the lifts without getting a bus or taxi back up?

SnowRetreat, keep the cheap food tips coming - sucking it all in Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoogly, Not at this precise moment in time! Very Happy

But yes. You could skin back up ( quite a way), otherwise there are relatively regular (once an hour-ish depending on time of day) free buses back up to le Praz & the rest of Courchevel.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
offpisteskiing wrote:
shoogly, Not at this precise moment in time! Very Happy .

Laughing

there's a challenge in there somewhere!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
shoogly, there probably would have been enough frost this morning to make the grass slippy!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another heavy dump overnight, good covering of snow in Méribel
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
this thread is useless without pictures!!!! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.merinet.com/webcam.php
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.latania.co.uk/webcam/360.htm
snow conditions
Looking across at Courchevel this afternoon. The photo was taken from Champagny.
snow report
On a clear day you can also have a similar view of Courchevel from the webcam in Champagny village.

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/champagny/Images/BouquetinMega.jpg

At the momet it is dark and snowy
ski holidays
A little more snow overnight
snow report
Was even snowing down to Bozel yesterday. Today is a lovely sunny day and looks gorgeous.
Apparently you can ski down to Bozel, although its not an actual run. You can ski down to St Bon.
But then fair walk I believe from where you come down to, to where bus goes from.
Only buses and taxes back up at the moment, even from St Bon.
snow conditions
skichampcouk wrote:
On a clear day you can also have a similar view of Courchevel from the webcam in Champagny village.

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/champagny/Images/BouquetinMega.jpg

At the momet it is dark and snowy

that webcam looks great right now! Very Happy

snow conditions
looks like more fresh snow falling going by that webcam...
snow conditions
Still small flakes coming down now at 700m in Bozel. Looking very white everywhere.
ski holidays
snow report
Not sure where else to ask this.

I've just bought myself a season pass for the three valleys for €995.

Does anyone know if it's valid for a certain number of days in other resorts? Specifically Espace Killy as i'm heading over there for a week in March.

Can't find any info on this online!
snow report
musehead, normally 2 days in E.Killy & 2 days in Paradiski. Look on the paper receipt you got - should be 2 x capital P and 2 x capital K on there. Make sure you take both the pass & receipt with you when you go...
latest report
I found a great web cam app today, web cam 360 and it is free and covers most the French ski areas. I mention it on this thread as 3 valley threads seem to have a high iPhone count.

Users and abusers.
snow report
Went for a bit of a wander above 1850 today:

Amazing sideways tree:

Skinning up Jantzen:

Perfect corduroy, ready for the Learjet gang:

A wintery Grand Bec:

First turn of the winter for Ginny:

Super-light & fluffy:

snow report
offpisteskiing, Beautiful Pics ... not there at the moment, but will be on Friday
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
offpisteskiing, lovely pics thanks. I shall be in 1850 on 8th Jan, can't wait! Snow looks awesome at the mo Very Happy
snow report
Lift opening details for the Three Valleys from 4 to 10 December have just been posted here:

http://www.meribel.info/admin/base_doc/3/RM_PISTES_3V_PREVISIONS_OUVERTURES_4_AU_17_DEC_2010.PDF
ski holidays
Any more snow news? Heading to VT on the 11th and starting to get excited, we were very lucky last year so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.
latest report
All the gear...no idea!, Snowing at the moment
snow conditions
Don't think you have anything to worry about in the now department ! Have a quick look at the webcam on the VT website.
snow conditions
offpisteskiing, nice pics. Love the corduroy!
snow report
All the gear...no idea! wrote:
Any more snow news? Heading to VT on the 11th and starting to get excited, we were very lucky last year so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

This was the view towards VT from near Saulire mid station this afternoon. You can see the snow clouds building. Its dumping now in Meribel valley!
ski holidays
Sweeeeeeeeet, cheers guys.

All looking good then, whoop whoop. Can't wait to be there now, especially since the "dump" we had here yesterday wink
ski holidays
Currently doing this down in Bozel:

snowrider, hmmm, sure that picture looks familiar... - probably heading out Thursday after the SIMS Salon Fournisseurs, will give you a buzz..
snow conditions
Looking good, i'm out on Tuesday 7th. Lets hope the warmup this weekend is brief and less warm than forecast!
ski holidays
No words required:

snow conditions
offpisteskiing, Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy