Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Fantastic today all 3 valleys were great, ice in parts , but mainly powder or compacted and fast. Mighty cold on tops but wow mainly.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

4 (pass me the hacksaw).

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not that I'd be laughing if anyone had a genuine case of stage 4 Skullie
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
amazingly light knee deep powder in Meribel today, definitely of the champagne variety. More of the same please for the rest of the season snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

No, there are four stages of frostbite

....and several stages of pregnancy! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just back from Courchevel - fab conditions on and off piste thanks to the superb snowfall on Thurs /Fri. If you are out there this week, am very jealous. But let us know if you spot any snowhead tagging - my worse-half seemed to have acquired and disposed a lot of stickers this week!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
just been having a gander at the webcams...

http://livecam.courchevel.com/index.php?webcam=1&langue=3

looks quite busy up on the hill for the women's slalom race!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A bit blowy in Courchevel today, despite a nice start:

Conditions on piste first thing were great, perfect corduroy. We headed off into Les Avals in search of adventure and came across a great lunch spot:

Snow conditions extremely variable, from hard-pack to packed powder to soft powder...
Great snow between the trees in the Combe des Roches eventually:

Forecast to stay Foehny tomorrow, then colder on Friday with snowfall expected Frid/Sat - time for a top-up!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
offpisteskiing, Great day, thanks from me, Oliver and sam72
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Forecast is 15cm of snow tonight at 800m
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Patch, Fingers crossed, I am yet to be convinced given the current sat maps... hope to be proven wrong though! Hope La Plagne was good today?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That lunch spot looks ace!!

30 days and counting!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's been snowing lightly but steadily since last night, down to about 600m. There's around 10cm of fresh snow at 2000m, but visibility is very poor today. Temperature has dropped by about 4 degrees since this morning, and are set to continue to drop until Boxing Day, when they will begin to rise again. Road up to Meribel is difficult, snow tyres or chains necessary, with many drivers having difficulty from above 1000m. Weather should start clearing a little from tomorrow.

offpisteskiing, Snow at La Plagne was pretty good, apart from on the south-facing Champagny side

russ_e, Great lunch spot - didn't see another person for several hours
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still snowing lightly all day today, sunshine forecast tomorow

Merry Christmas
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glorious day - sunshine, 10-15 cm fresh snow, about -10 degrees, not too busy, photos to follow

As far as I could tell, all lifts and all runs are open. Offpiste a little rocky in places, bases need some attention tonight
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great conditions on piste all over Courchevel & Meribel today. Still some light & fluffy stuff to be found off the side too. Definitely a little thin in places lower down though, but easily avoided.
snow report
Much busier today, poor visibility, temperature dropping during the day, snow in good condition, light snow this afternoon
ski holidays
Deathly quiet in the 3V today which was a pleasant change. Firm, grippy snow on piste, good chalky snow to be found off piste and barely a hint of a queue.
snow conditions
Good snow to be found for the brave & adventurous - still powder to be found by the bowl-full in the Combe Sans Nom over Orelle side (see here:http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1683169#1683169), but nearer to the lifts the couloirs in the Combe Caron had large swathes of untouched powder in them still (and not too many rocks) to my great surprise!

Good conditions on piste as long as you like it firm, lets see what the next weather front brings - fingers crossed.
ski holidays
Fingers crossed from me too! Will be there on Sunday snowHead
latest report
I'll be there Saturday. Lovely snowHead
latest report
cathy, VolklAttivaS5, hope you both have a fantastic time, wish I were going to be there. Are you OK, cathy? - missed you yesterday.
snow conditions
cathy wrote:
Fingers crossed from me too! Will be there on Sunday snowHead

So will I.

People are bound to talk!
ski holidays
Thanks Hurtle, yes I'd been feeling rotten for a few days and had a couple of days in bed with lots of drugs Madeye-Smiley . Feeling a bit better now though thanks. You'll be missed next week!

VolklAttivaS5, see you there! You're not staying at the Dahu are you - staying with friends not on the course? I'll see you at the welcome meeting on the Sun eve. Anyone else going on the Inspired to Ski week in Courchevel next week?

Mr Technique, well of course with a coincidence like that! Hope we manage to meet up - I have your number wink

Might just check my pants have been waterproofed since I last washed them.... (ski trousers, that is Toofy Grin ) although I'm remaining positive it will be snow not rain snowHead
latest report
cathy, hope you're fully recovered by the weekend. Take care. And do give all the usual suspects my love: I quite enjoyed Tignes, but really missed all the laughs!
snow report
cathy wrote:
Mr Technique Hope we manage to meet up - I have your number wink

Might just check my pants have been waterproofed since I last washed them....

What... what do you think we're going to be doing exactly?
latest report
Mr Technique, Laughing Laughing I'll have my camera with me in any case for the photographic evidence Toofy Grin

Hurtle, thanks and I will pass on your love & best wishes. There are only 2 instructors for our week so I think the 'usual suspects' might make up the majority of the clients! Toofy Grin I am sure there will be much merriment Very Happy
snow report
cathy, gosh, only two instructors! I just looked it up and see you've got Tim (he said he was going to be there and promised to tell the rest of you that I now ski like a god) and Bryan. Should be great, either way. I'm particularly sad to be missing Graham and Mary, not having seen them last year either. Are Swee Lay and Jimmy going to be there? - they weren't in that flurry of e-mails we exchanged before booking up.
latest report
Hurtle, Laughing but of course you ski like a god now! Yes, Swee L & Jimmy will be there Very Happy

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 5-01-11 12:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, thanks, I'm sure I will have a fun time! Can't wait as I've not been with ItS to Courchevel since 2008 so it's been quite a while and as such the off piste around that area will be a new experience for me. Lovely. Oh, I've met Graham and Mary before, in Courchevel first time around and they've been to Tignes as well (think it must have been Dec 2009 when I saw them in Tignes).

cathy, that's right, I'm staying at the Inghams chalethotel Les Anemones which is piste side at La Croisette apparently (haven't stayed there before) so it must be very close indeed to the Dahu. Yes, see you at the welcome meeting on the Sunday night. What time do you get into Geneva?

Mr Technique, where are you staying? Are you doing a course as well?

Just going to check out the weather forecast-anyone around that knows the forecast locally for next week? Very Happy
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Mr Technique, where are you staying? Are you doing a course as well?

I'm going to be in Meribel.

Not a course no, just an arsing around and getting drunk holiday.
snow conditions
Mr Technique, ah I see. Last time I went to 3V I stayed in Meribel, I like it. Hope you have a good week snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks. I'm sure my darling child has it in him to mess it all up for me though.
ski holidays
Mr Technique, Puzzled

Just had a look at Snow-Forecast just to get an idea of next week's weather. Says snow is forecast (moderate snow) for Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun, heaviest on Fri night and Sun afternoon. Looks like from Monday it's going to get colder again.

Well, we'll see eh snowHead
ski holidays
The forecast is starting to look alright. Clouds look like they might be clearing, the rain is going to dry up.

I'm starting to feel inordinately excited about this, even though I'll probably only ski for about a day and a half and spend the rest of the week repeatedly building snowmen and wiping bums.
latest report
Very spring-like in Courchevel & Meribel today... more reminiscent of April than January! Fortunately no rain as yet (but then no snow either, despite the heavy looking clouds).
Snow is holding out, but lower part of pistes definitely thin. Lower section of Combe Caron has some bare patches, last wall of Dou des Lanches looking pretty grim, but on the whole its not bad considering the recent weather!

Was out with a friend today for a play and we shelved plans for lines off the Aiguille de Peclet due to a low cloud base. Skied the Couloir de L'Echelle & Couloir de L'Antenne off the Saulire - bit thin, but soft snow on a firm base generally, with some nice patches of chalky snow too. Both couloirs need a bit of care near the top (bit of down-climbing over some rocks in Antenne)...:

Antenne on L and Echelle on R:

Al in the Echelle:

and lower down:

Good chalky snow in the Gazex couloirs of Mt Vallon too, and also in the normal Courchevel couloirs, if you can avoid the tracked out bits (which are refrozen ski tracks & not very nice!).

Bit more blurb on conditions on my blog; http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.com
ski holidays
Dumping it down in Meribel at the moment, due to snow most of the night, 35 cms forecast.

Conditions fairly good today, hard packed in places but really not too bad considering the recent lack of snow.
ski holidays
looking at the webcam pic on page 2 of this thread, it looks like it's been snowing down to around 1500-1600m... was it rain below that?
snow conditions
Whitters, sweet im out on sat for a week off piste training, keep the reports coming snowHead
snow report
It has been snowing pretty much all day today, so visibility wasn't great, but conditions were excellent except for the odd bit of ice where the fresh stuff has been scraped off. It was sunny first thing in the morning so we went over to VT, but maybe it wasn't so wise as the snow started to come down in spades mid-morning. The links all stayed open no problem though.

Yesterday in Courchevel was absolutely superb.
snow report
Dumping in meribel NehNeh Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy