Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CSIA to BASI

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Im currently in the process of getting my CSIA qualifications (Level 2) converted over to BASI, Ive been speaking to BASI about this and am just sorting out all the paperwork off to them and hoping they will honour my hours tought in canada so I can crack on with my BASI Level 2 this winter. I've spent a few winters out in canada teaching and really have a long term target of gaining my ISTD and teaching full time in France/The Alps!

I was really looking for some advice on the best approach to training for my ISIA and then further onto the Eurotest. Ive done some serious searching on this forum and have read through alot of the previous threads which has helped but still had a few questions!

Once I have my level 2 out of the way Is it worth training for the Techtest and trying to get a trainee instructor job whilst training for my Level 3/ISIA? Or should I just focus on spending a season training soley for my ISIA straight away?

Also how hard is it to get a job once you have your techtest + level2/3? Is it impossible ? Or is it a case of a few weeks a season work is all you'll get?

Thanks!

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jamesc, welcome to Snowheads!

I assume by Techtest you mean Test Technique, passing which would enable you to become a stagiere in France? I think how difficult it will be for you to pass really depends on if you have a racing background or not. But the harder part could be getting a job as a stagiere with a French training centre, as you'll be competing against all the French trainees. BASI is starting its own training centre status with BASS Morzine an potentially another but this season you would already have needed to have passed your test technique.

Another option would be to apply to work in Switzerland, Austria or Andorra once you have your L2, preferably with a ski school that employs ISTDs that can help you progress to your ISIA and start training towards the Eurotest.

I hope this helps!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the quick reply Beani1 Smile

Sorry yea, by tech test I meant the test Technique, From everything I've read so far it seems like it might make sense to miss this out and go straight for ISIA and onwards etc. Fingers crossed it shouldn't take me long to get to my Level 2 seen as I was due to sit my CSIA level 3 a few seaons back but had to stop due to an injury!

This Season Im unfortunatly not going to be able to make it out for the whole season but will be making as many holiday/training trips as possible whilst holding my job down for another year to save up enough so I can afford to do a few seasons a bit more comfortably!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well scrap that!

Looks like im off out to morzine for the season to convert over to BASI and start putting some ground work in towards my Level 3/ISIA Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jamesc, sweet did you get instructor work in Morzine? good luck on all your courses but if you were ready for csia 3 you should blast it...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not working unfortunatly, Just going to spend some time doing all the relevant basi courses etc and trying to tick all the boxes to do my level 3/ISIA early next winter!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy