Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Walking Boots & Ankle Pain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last winter, I had a pain on the inner ankle, between the bone and achilles when i walked for any distance. It eventually went away, and I thought nothing of it. As weather was dry and warm in July on holiday, I didn't wear my boots, but on Sunday, I wore them again and the pain returned, but far worse than before. I hadn't associated the pain with the boots in the past, but it is now obviously the cause. Any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hells Bells, get new boots??

Is it rubbing something or are the laces perhaps too tight?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, no rubbing on the surface, it is inside the ankle.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Custom foodbed?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells, is there a footbed of some type in there (yep they are good in walking boots too) this will stabilize the foot a bit then it is really a case of seeing if the boot is putting your foot into an unnatural position, which is aggrevating the ankle area... if it is where you describe (between the ankle and the achillies then it could be the foot pronating and putting stress on the posterior tibialis tendon, even a bit of padding in the wrong place could iritate the area
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, I'm thinking I'll probably ditch the boots, they weren't expensive, and have other problems, as they come too high up my little short leg. My previous one's were Salomon kids boots and really comfortable. I'll give some footbeds a try first though, there's a pair in my old ski boots in the loft I think.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
get a foot bead in there, mess around with lacing techniques, are they really walking boots, I mean proper leather boots with a semi rigid sole or just one of these hybrid trainer/fabric shoes with a poor sole unit?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I've got really narrow feet, size 3 or 4, and it is difficult to find any that are a good fit. I think these are them http://www.hi-tec.com/uk/64303-product-montclair_mid_-womens.html . Most others I tried at the time were far too wide and sloppy.
I didn't buy them specifically for long distance walking, mainly for dog walks, and going to the pub in the snow. Walked only a couple of miles in them on Sunday and my ankle was hurting within a few hundred yards.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells, I spent months last year trying on various clearance, bargain boots, non felt comfortable, I ended up spending ages in cotswold with their boot fitter and also the Ellis Brigham non winter store at XScape Leeds. I did end up with v comfortable boots, but they cost close to £100, however have been waterproof and comfortable throughout all last winter...

So I guess the moral of the story is get walking boots fitted if you can Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, if I'd planned to do any long hikes, I probably would have done.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells, I worked out walking the dog once or twice a day every day for 3-4 months over Autumn and Winter was probably more than most walkers do in the same period!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I suggest you find out if there is a podiatry department at your local university. At Salford the final year students get some experience by operating free-of-charge clinics. There's always someone with more experience lurking in the background and, although it can take some time, you can get to learn a lot about your problem. Heel lifts and wedges are free but custom orthotics (footbeds) are charged at cost (about £50/pair last time).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy