Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fresh Tracks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got the Fresh Tracks brochure from SCGB. My reaction was - blooooming expensive ski holidays ! Anyone been on a Fresh Tracks holiday ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have to say I agree with that. As a tour op they aim for the upper end of the market.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
deerman, They are dear but ifirc you must buy ski club membership as well (how else would they get so many members).

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 16-08-10 22:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am a SCGB member but I have to admit, I've never booked onto a Freshtracks holiday either as the cost puts me off, especially as I like my own room and you usually have to pay a supplement to get that. They do have some trips going without supplements but again I think the trips are pricey.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been on lots (probably about 15) - but nearly all off-piste, so fully guided trips. I've not seen this year's prices, but while in past years the headline price has been pretty expensive, you do get quite a lot for it - as guiding is expensive. I once priced up equivalent weeks for a group of three or four of us doing DIY with bargain basement accommodation and it worked out pretty much the same price as their deal (with larger group but better accommodation). If you look for equivalent types of week elsewhere (Snoworks, Skiers Lodge, Offpisteskiing for example, i.e. 6 days with qualified guide or instructor) they're all in the same ballpark.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GrahamN, that is true about guiding being expensive if you arrange it yourself. I have a friend that has done a couple of the off piste guided trips and like you they said it was quite good value when you add it all up, but the on piste trips are still quite deer I think, or they look expensive. I suppose people are essentially paying a premium for having a definite group of people to ski with etc of presumably similar levels.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SCGB yearly accounts show the profits made by the holiday arm. Can't remember the figures, but the sum of £25 profit per booking rings a bell. I also know that the staff don't get paid very much, so nearly all the money is going to the suppliers. The last holiday I went on the club organised a 40euro discount to the lift passes. BTW, the holiday price does not include membership.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
deerman, I was a member and have been on a few of their holidays. Mixed bag. A couple of really good off-piste holidays with guides. The piste holidays ranged from quite good to so awful that on one instructional holiday I took a day off and paid to ski with the Arlberg Ski School Powder Club (now that was an experience not to be forgotten) instead. Contract meals at hotels. If over 62 , and not on a touring holiday, the SCGB expects you to go on a 'Peak Experience' holiday ie you will be in a group aged 50 or over - which is why I left the club.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
achilles wrote:
deerman, I was a member and have been on a few of their holidays. Mixed bag. A couple of really good off-piste holidays with guides. The piste holidays ranged from quite good to so awful that on one instructional holiday I took a day off and paid to ski with the Arlberg Ski School Powder Club (now that was an experience not to be forgotten) instead. Contract meals at hotels. If over 62 , and not on a touring holiday, the SCGB expects you to go on a 'Peak Experience' holiday ie you will be in a group aged 50 or over - which is why I left the club.

Really? I thought if you had a good fitness grading you could go on any holiday. Out of interest, do you count Mark Warner food as 'contract meals'?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PJSki,
Quote:
BTW, the holiday price does not include membership.
Cheers, have edited my post.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing wrote:
PJSki,
Quote:
BTW, the holiday price does not include membership.
Cheers.

My fucking pleasure.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PJSki wrote:
.....Out of interest, do you count Mark Warner food as 'contract meals'?

Never offered it - so can't say. The separate-dining room, fixed menu dinners at a hotel in Verbier was so bad that all members of the holiday did, to be fair to the SCGB, get a rebate. I thought the meals at my last Club holiday at the Sport Hotel in St Anton were very good. However, my general memory of Club holidays was that the menu on offer was fixed or limited choice. Been out of the CLub for about 3 years now - so I am out of date, I suppose.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've been on 6 or 7. Generally good hotels - with one crap food experience that Achilles and I lived through, good guides and nice normal punters. As PJski says - profits are tiny really. I'm waiting for my brochure to arrive to book at least one next year. If I'd paid for another three days guiding at the S7BB it wouldn't have been that much cheaper than a freshtracks holiday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy