Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill Factore To Refinance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret, give me a £30 million 'free' debt (or £15 million negative equity) and I will also make a £2.8m 'profit' of £7.5m and produce any benchmark ratio that looks good; make me pay the interest I will make a loss each year though the same as Chill Factore wink I would be interested to see Hemel's finances because I would not think that they have such high debts to drag down what might be a profitable day to day operation

There are many profitable companies that are having the plug pulled on them simply because banks do not want exposure to certain debts and quite a few (property related) friends have had their profitable businesses/sites closed by banks because the banks decided they were no longer going to extend the loan agreements, with the banks effectively finishing off the schemes (through expensive consultants) themseleves.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm really unsure where all this negativity is coming from about their customer service model, I couldn't fault them at all bar one (ski) instructor who quite simply didn't have a clue how to teach in a professional manner. They've bent over backwards to fit my girlfriend in for lessons, and the one time I did have to complain (about Kevin the ski instructor), they gave me a free lesson to make up for the one that was useless.

Lessons are made to "merge in turn" with normal queuing patrons for the lifts, and typically both lifts are running (unless its getting late in the day), however I will concede that they do need to vet people they let onto the slop a touch more thoroughly, as there have been a few occasions where it's been obvious that the people in question were nothing more than a danger to themselves and other people.

I'll admit that their business practices (for the site as a whole, not just the piste) need addressing, closing the shops at 5pm on weekdays, when the site itself is open till midnight? What's that all about, there's a good 6+ hours of trading available there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chillfactore's walk up booking system is a joke, it's a huge form just like their web system and takes ages, the lifts stop every two runs and the staff are arsey.
The bottom line is that it is just way too expensive for what it is hence no repeat business.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
narc wrote:
Chillfactore's walk up booking system is a joke, it's a huge form just like their web system and takes ages, the lifts stop every two runs and the staff are arsey.
The bottom line is that it is just way too expensive for what it is hence no repeat business.

How is that any different to xscapes "walk up" booking system, where it is driven by their public-facing internet front-end (so is Chill Factore's in honesty, its not "like" their web system, it IS their web system)?

Not quite sure how it's a "joke", it was a simple solution to a booking front end that lets you pre-book slope time in advance (ie, turning up and booking for an hours time), granted it's not the most fluid of queuing systems, but I've never waited more than 2-3 minutes, even when there have been large queues.

Expense can currently be negated by using a 2-4-1 voucher, loads of which are currently floating around the interwebs (such as on rock radio's website). Ok, it's usually rather expensive, but at £12.50 per person for 1.5hr passes, its not too bad on the old purse strings.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Even without the offers its only £15 quid an hour for non members for the first hour. £22 for one adult one child.After 2 hrs it £4 and hour or less

Its not the alps but it is snow on a slope in the middle of summer where there was not even a hill.

Compared to Xcaspe Castleford the place is a paradice of service, facilities and quality, but I can understand how a bad experience would put someone off re-visiting I dont think I could pay my family to step through the doors at leeds again.

With various deals last time we went we got a total of 24hrs slope time over 2 days between 4 of us for £64 I really can't see how that rates as expensive as for me that works out at £2.67pp/h (I admit that we are unlikely to be able to get quite such a good deal again in a hurry and we are members)

That compares to £12-£16 per 2 hrs session for various dry mats ive been too.

paradigital, i have to agree ive never waited more than 2 mins and there are usually at least 3 people on the desk, and apart from the shutdowns caused by people falling off the lifts I have never been when the lifts have been shutdown (touch wood Toofy Grin )

I dont know how long ago these negative experiences were?? I do know that they binned the original booking software some time ago.

Now Ski Dubai is the way forward though under £50 gets you an all day opening till closing pass....and its quite a big hill, it quiet, the snow is excellent and it has some steep bits Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tamworth Snowdome has no retail attractions apart from Ellis Brigham but still seems to keep ticking over - is anyone aware of how well it does financially ? I've a soft spot for it as my kids learned how to ski there and I spent a few happy Sunday mornings eating Bacon Sandwiches in that bar whilst watching them !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy