Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mt Hutt hit again, with hundreds stranded by high winds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dangerously high winds, some of more than 200km/hr, hit Mt Hutt yesterday. Hundreds of skiers, including more than 300 children, were forced to spend the night at the skifield, as roads in and out were closed due to the winds....People had sleep in the base buildings and the cafeteria.
See: http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/300-children-among-those-stuff-mt-hutt-3697327
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crikey that's some wind - even for Wellington that'd be strong. I appreciate that Mt Hutt is in the Southern Alps, but even so, I wonder how often they get winds like that. I lived in Christchurch for several years - not that far away - and don't recall being aware of winds like that out there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do they not have weather forecasts in NZ these days?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Voice of Reason,
Les Deux Alpes got caught out big time. Sometimes you just get caught out in the mountains.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles wrote:
The Voice of Reason,
Les Deux Alpes got caught out big time, once. Sometimes you just get caught out in the mountains.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooops. No edit facility in snownews I see.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sounds like a fun adventure actually - those kids are probably having a ball.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Latest report is that they will open the road at 10.00am to let them down. A great adventure for all, especially the kids. Mt Hutt is know for it's bad weather and winds so much so that a lot of locals call it Mt Shut Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sarge McSarge, yabbut 200 km/hour (a gnat's whisker of 125 mph in real money)? Yikes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy