Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St. Anton - Accommodation for 3 Nights in January

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, a friend and I will be in St Anton from 13th - 16th Jan (sadly 3 nights is all I can escape for!!). Does anyone know of accommodation that can be booked for less than a week? The best quote we have had so far is for a 4 star Hotel, B&B for £275 each. Any other tips / links would be appreciated. Most other hotels will, understandably, only take a weeks booking at this stage, so our other thought is whether we chance it and try and do a last minute booking.

Would appreciate any thoughts. Cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go to the tourist office website and do a search - we managed to get loads of offers. I'd recommend the place we stayed for one night but I think we're barred.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
onaplateau, If you come up with any good ones, will you let me know as I am considering going to St Anton at the same time as you with a few mates.

Thanks
TG
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is possible but you will probably have to accept being a bit further out in Nasserein or St Jakob type areas. No great loss as the bus service is efficient. As Nadenoodlee, says, the tourist office website is your best bet.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Nadenoodlee - will try the tourist office again, but last time it wasn't come up with much less than 500 Euros each!! Touchguru - will post back with any I find. Further out is not too much of a problem as longas the buses run late .... will continue the search.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
onaplateau, Contact Sidney Reilly - he's a snowHead based in the area and has his own info site

http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/

Should be able to point you in the right direction!

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, go somewhere cheaper Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
onaplateau, last minute would not be risky in mid-january.

I did a few nights in January last year, helped out by some great advice from seasonaires on this forum.

For various reasons (a late date change for work, then a late date change for a family crisis, then 2 others coming, then 1 dropping out) I booked, rebooked, re-re-booked, re-re-re-booked St.Anton 4 night accomodation, all within 2 weeks of leaving, and learnt:

1. If, via the main tourist site at http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/home/2.html you try for non-full week accomodation a couple of months out, you will only get offered places that are very expensive or 10 miles out.
2. If however, you try anything from 2 weeks out to the night before, there will be literally dozens of places from 30€ a night up showing availability. If I were sorting a trip again I wouldn't even bother looking til a week or so before.
3. I usually hate ski busses but the ones in St.Anton were remarkable. If the timetable says your bus will arrive at 8.37, it will arrive at 8.37, not 8.36 or 8.38. If it's peak time, there will be 2 buses in convoy, and you'll still get a seat. My party last year were strung out in various locations on the same bus route in St Jakob, the bus made meeting up, and getting in and out of town virtually no hassle. You pay such a premium to stay in town, I'd recommend staying out.
4. I started a thread last year about driving options, and the locals said "forget it - bus from airport, then the train". They were right - it was very cheap and very easy.
5. But if you want to drive, and are going to change your dates, your flights, the number of people in your party multiple times, would recommend Europcar for car hire from Innsbruck, as there's €0 cancellation charge!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The week your talking about is Low Season, All the kids are back to school.

Because many houses like to book Saturday to Saturday your dates overlap 13-16th (Thursday to Sunday) two weeks thus effectively blocking the Pensions,etc from 2 full weeks income. Properties are very reluctant to do this. Thursday to Saturday or Wednesday to Saturday would give you a much better chance.

However,I would leave it until the very last minute,you will not have a problem just turning up & finding somewhere.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try Flexiski they have the Amalien Haus which I stayed at last yr.
£275 for 3 nights for a 4 star hotel is not a bad price though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hedley wrote:
Try Flexiski they have the Amalien Haus which I stayed at last yr.
£275 for 3 nights for a 4 star hotel is not a bad price though.

4 Star Hotel? The old chain smoking lady (Amalia) who owned the place will be laughing in her grave, it used to be one of the biggest longterm skibum dumps in town Very Happy

I know its been refurbished to a TO Chalet but it is NOT a 4 Star Hotel.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have stayed at the Amalien haus with Flexi ski and think its ok value, but would not describe it as a 4star hotel. The location is good though
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For those considering staying further out (St Jakob/Nasserein) I think that the ski bus only runs until 7pm or so. After that it's the regular bus which does not run that often. If you want to have a pub crawl/apres ski then this could be a problem. Of course sharing a taxi shouldn't be too expensive.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowman, I agree regarding St Jakob but if you are staying anywhere close to the Nasserein lift it is still walkable (assuming you can still walk) from town quite easily. There's even a little pub like bar halfway for a top-up.

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

snowman, I agree regarding St Jakob but if you are staying anywhere close to the Nasserein lift it is still walkable (assuming you can still walk) from town quite easily. There's even a little pub like bar halfway for a top-up.

Good I'm staying near the Nasserein lift at half term.
ski holidays
Depends where in Nasserein, there's a few small bars dotted about.
snow report
Sitter wrote:
Depends where in Nasserein, there's a few small bars dotted about.

Tom Dooleys & NassereinHof Stube are the evening bars.
snow report
stanton I was thinking of the Albi (?) halfway down the main drag back to the Nasserein end of town rather than the bars in Nasserein itself. I think it is the last bar before you reach the lift.

have only ever stayed by the lift rather than further up the hill in the village itself.
snow report
Mondschein's (I think that's the name, on the way up from the lift towards the Reselehof) another one. And Fang's open until 10pm.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy