Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

something new SCGB

Poster: A snowHead
Look what I just found whilst looking at buying a landrover ready for winter driving.

Does that mean there reps will be skiing around in landrover jackets as well.

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/about-land-rover/sponsorship/ski/

Anyone know any more about this?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 12-08-10 23:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a vague feeling that they are sponsoring the SCGB snow reports in order to get extra advertising, don't think teh deal extends to clothing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was just told that on the SCGB web site somewhere one of the reps (AM) says that they will have Blue Jackets next season to replace the green ones, so I guess they are getting sponsored for more than just the snow reports now. Does this mean there snow reports will be better than in the past? Landrover seem to be getting behind skiing in a big way from what there web page is saying.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Club and Land Rover jointly organised a number of events at snow domes around the country earlier this year too. Free slope time, lessons, and driving experience.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I saw a new blue jacket during a photoshoot at the end of the season in Tignes - looked good but wonder why they have decided to change - the green one has not been around that long.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Does this mean there snow reports will be better than in the past?

I think it is fair to say that the best conditions will still be found on the upper slopes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Voice of Reason wrote:
Quote:

I think it is fair to say that the best conditions will still be found on the upper slopes

I can't believe no one found this funny.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HellBent wrote:
The Voice of Reason wrote:
Quote:

I can't believe no one found this funny.
How do you know they didn't? Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Best posts on upper threads
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skilegs, I presume that the colour was cr@p! The old blue and "yellow" could be seen easily! The green was more of a camouflage!! If a rep was guiding they could be lost in the crowd! I know that the green was some council member/s wanting to nod at the environmental side, but it was crazy! I could not understand why the backpack the reps carried did not have the bright yellow attachment so that they could be seen from afar! I would have thought it was safer also!

Look forward to the change! When a mistake has been made it is better to stand up to the plate and rectify it sooner rather than later! This is rectifying the problem that was identified in the first year of the change!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Roy Hockley, the green was indeed camouflage for pretending to be green
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, Yes but a perfect colour reference for bile!!! Going green

On a serious note Bode, did you think it was a good colour for a group leader to wear so that the group could identify him anywhere on the slope?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lets be honest, what is there on the SCGB website that you can't find out here on sHs?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Phil Keith, A great deal actually, they are very different but both offer great benefits. I also don't think you are making that statement from an impartial, and perhaps informed, position.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Colin B, - there was a degree of tongue in cheek
ski holidays
Roy Hockley, I'd argue that white is a good colour to wear, especially in a whiteout. If your group need you to be wearing a stand-out jacket in order to locate you, you're doing something fundamentally wrong. So, in my opinion, if they change jacket colour it should make no difference to client safety.
snow conditions
What colour are you trending for next season, Swiller?
ski holidays
Someone also said that they are re-doing there web site for this winter to make it bigger and better than any other snow based site!!!!! and the sponsorship includes ski events like before and other stuff on snow including the Reps activities. I wonder if that will mean even more rules for where reps can ski to protect the sponsors from being sued. Maybe they will allow 'chatting' and 'PM's' on there forum now as well. Any SCGB members on here got the inside line on this stuff like when they will launch all this.
snow report
Could not get on this morning so somethng is up!
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, Fair point! Maybe I am doing something wrong! I would not be as fast a skier as most of the reps, then again not many of the reps would be as fast a skier as Mrs RH. I enjoy my skiing and would not always be tucked in right behind the rep! In fairness you may be right in that the rep is not taking into account his group! I personally preferred the old uniform! Cant beet a bit of "dayglow" in skiing, those were the days!! Very Happy
ski holidays
Roy Hockley, FWIW, I think the jacket of anyone leading a group needs to be wearing a conspicuous jacket in low viz. Never been with a guide in a white jacket.
snow report
In the Second World War I regularly encountered troops in white skiwear. [which is a blatant lie]

http://efour4ever.com/finn_skitroops.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/NeuralDream/blogger/AlpineTroops1940-41.png

Anyone who says leadership is an issue here is clearly talking through their hat. Swiller is correct.
snow report
David E Goldsmith, Puzzled . Sorry I missed the point, I too wore those colours in Norway but we wore them not to be seen! When guiding a group of different level skiers around a mountain on a recreational ski, I would like my leader to be visible if not all, but at least most of the time! This might be what you meant!
snow report
If a bunch of soldiers can undertake combat, following a leader in a white outfit, maybe in a white-out, probably against enemy troops who are also dressed in white, then a group of recreational skiers can do the same.

Swiller has got it white.
ski holidays
Aah got you! You are white as usual!
latest report
Actually I wasn't suggesting that SCGB go all white, merely making the point that the colour shouldn't impact upon client safety. After all, the skiers immediately behind the rep may be able to make out the jacket but those behind them will be following a.n.other skier who may indeed have a white suit. In such conditions you need a definite set of instructions and a testing of understanding and, absolutely right, leadership skills. Jacket colour is secondary. From a branding point of view, if the logo and the website are red, white & blue then surely the uniform should follow. Can't imagine Ferrari sending their pit crew out in silver or green.
latest report
White is impractical. It looks nasty if it is even slightly dirty. They'd have to have too many spare jackets. They'd be in the launderette more often than on the mountain.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, LOL! Really glad my day glo jacket repping days are over.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller wrote:
I'd argue that white is a good colour to wear

Bode Swiller wrote:
Actually I wasn't suggesting that SCGB go all white

White. Now I understand
snow report
And Swiller, I'm sure you'd agree that any ski leader should wear a white hat, like a chef (boss)
snow conditions
richardK wrote:
Someone also said that they are re-doing there web site for this winter to make it bigger and better than any other snow based site!!!!! and the sponsorship includes ski events like before and other stuff on snow including the Reps activities. I wonder if that will mean even more rules for where reps can ski to protect the sponsors from being sued. Maybe they will allow 'chatting' and 'PM's' on there forum now as well. Any SCGB members on here got the inside line on this stuff like when they will launch all this.

Why would a sponsor get sued Puzzled
snow report
PJSki, no idea really but the way everyone likes to sue people these days, if they have a logo of the sponsors on there new jackets then I guess some clever lawyer might find an angle if someone has an accident whilst skiing withe a rep. Who knows!
ski holidays
Shame for the SCGB reps if the jacket is changing - I've been told they have to buy their own. I'd support Landrover advertising on the back of the jacket (under a highly fluorescent rucksack) to reduce the cost to the reps.
latest report
beeorchid wrote:
Shame for the SCGB reps if the jacket is changing - I've been told they have to buy their own. I'd support Landrover advertising on the back of the jacket (under a highly fluorescent rucksack) to reduce the cost to the reps.

The last rep I skied with had borrowed his jacket free of charge from the club's loan pool. So I assume reps won't have to buy the new ones either.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy