Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kicking Horse opens Superbowl...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort announces today the opening of a 4th Alpine Bowl for its 10 year celebrations, winter 2010/11. Known by local mountain enthusiasts as ‘Super Bowl’, the terrain will introduce an epic selection of advanced and expert skiable terrain.

http://www.kmcmag.com/fresh-content/featured-article/kicking-horse-opens-super-bowl/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scotia, Was speaking to one of the guides there last yeasr and he said it was going to happen soon! Managed to get a few turns in the bowl with a local when we wher ether it is epic
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cool - Fairly low cost expansion - patrol occasionally hike over and chuck bombs and ski first laps. Terminator peak isn't the easiest of hikes in the first place so will be interesting to see how they set a traverse and keep gapers from killing themselves.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmm - firing some extra marked runs into a nice off piste bowl is a good thing ?

Spent 2 weeks at Kicking Horse in 2005 visiting some ski bum friends from back home who were living there at the time. From memory you can easily traverse straight into Super Bowl by going around the backside of the mountain (so its not essential to hike Terminator).

Kicking Horse is a great mountain - lots of little chutes that are quite steep.
The original plan in 2005 was to put quad chairlifts into Super, Fuez & Rudis bowls.
KH was going to be the "new Whistler".
But then they didnt sell enough real estate & Revelstoke opened along the road.

I am guessing Golden is still a red neck loggers town that happens to have a great gondola out the back ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great terrain.

T2, T3, and T4 too dropping down to the access road.

10 years already. Holy poo-poo.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I love Kicking Horse. Wish I had managed to get some more time out there. Maybe this season Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
KH have never really marked a lot of their black runs on the ground or didn't when I was there (2003). They're on the map but it's pretty hard to figure out exactly what is one run compared to the next when you go down the ridges.

Speaking to the ski school director it was a dispute with Rudi of Rudi's bowl fame that was the reason that was never opened fully. Though I remember seeing a development relief map and plan in 2005 that included a lift over towards Super Bowl. I was amazed in the difference between 2003 and 2005 but Revelstoke must of dented marketability recently. I liked Golden but then I quite like a bit of rough, not too many hurrays.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Were there in '05 also.

How true it is or not, we were told (by someone we had no reason to doubt) that the KH development was an offshoot of the deal some scandi company won to build a bridge elsewhere in coastal Ca. They got the bridge, but had to put something back into the economy.

Guess if the story holds water, they kept their end of the deal, but the relative lack of subsequent development maybe mirrors economic reality, especially with Revy coming on line.

My plans are completely up in the air at the moment, but a road trip including the two may not be completely out of the question come feb/mar next season.

And Golden, as a "red neck loggers town that happens to have a great gondola out the back", is just about right. Who in their right mind would stay on the hill..............
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ballast Nedam. PEI BRidge. Think they're Dutch.

Not sure if they had to, or it was another of their projects.

Either way, a win for Golden.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike Pow wrote:
Ballast Nedam. PEI BRidge. Think they're Dutch.

Not sure if they had to, or it was another of their projects.

Either way, a win for Golden.

Yeah that's 'em, cloggies. Prince Edward Island bridge.

Not sure either if they "had to", but our source seemed to make it pretty clear they were linked in more than an "opportunity" kind of way. Either way, like you say..............

Back to OP, saw this few days back at WTSS. Maybe it's now time to go back...........
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy