Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kingswood skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Came across this whilst browsing...

http://www.kingswoodskis.com/home/node/5

anyone heard of them/used their skis?

they look very very nice.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, Yes, hahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahah pause hahahahahahahahaahahahahaha
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Puzzled

do tell!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
long story, nothing to worry about, i'm over it now.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
long story, nothing to worry about, i'm over it now.

oh, go on!

it's not as if there's much else happening right now!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
shoogly, Plenty going on. Just know a few people that were all singing and dancing about these skis a while ago, not cool anymore so are poo-poo as far as their concerned, just makes me laugh how fickle people are.
Stick to propers skis, which is pretty tough these days. Not too long, but certainly not short, not too thin, but definitely not too PHAT and not too straight, but definitely not over shaped.

It's all simple. Get yourself a French made pair of Legend Pros and get used to them.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i tried legend pros when we were in Banff a couple of years ago... they were very nice and seemed to be the ski of choice for a good number of skiers over there.

are there non french made legend pros?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shoogly, Yes, last 2 years, made at Rossi in Spain, you'll know if you have a pair, it's written on the tail and they'll fall apart.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't ski, but they make those kingswoods just round the corner from where I used to live. A lot of people I know who ski real good, ski on them, and really rate them.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
shoogly, Plenty going on. Just know a few people that were all singing and dancing about these skis a while ago, not cool anymore so are poo-poo as far as their concerned, just makes me laugh how fickle people are.
Stick to propers skis, which is pretty tough these days. Not too long, but certainly not short, not too thin, but definitely not too PHAT and not too straight, but definitely not over shaped.

It's all simple. Get yourself a French made pair of Legend Pros and get used to them.

Are you talking about a certain individual ? I have these skis as do quite a few people that you know and all are please with them.

You seem to be talking without thinking again ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
smolo, Nah, I'm talking about you and your too cool for school mates. Does you using Kingswood mean that people like you, I mean the people you want to like you, you know the ones, the ones you want to be like. Baaaaaaaa baaaaa. Where is that shepherd.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shoogly, They do however work really well with a Norrona 1 Piece rompersuit, a Sweet Helmet and a pair of sweet 80's shades.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bloody hell SMALLZOOKEEPER, you seem to have something against those skis.

The best non-pro skier I have ever skied with (skier666 on TGR) had and used a pair, that's good enough for me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
horizon, Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The truth of the matter is that what the zoo man said earlier about Kingswoods Skis has nothing whatsoever to do with the skis. He has had a business dispute with somebody from Chamonix who was a distributor for Kingswood Skis.

For some reason, SmallZooKeeper seems to hold quite a bit of sway on this site, however in this particular case, he is not talking objectively about the question that was asked but letting his personal greiveance with somebody in Cham cloud his judgement on the skis.

Have you ever skied them? Around Cham there are a select few that ski them. Ben the English kid has done the Haute Route on the Archetypes and does lots of touring. Dublin Dave has been riding them for years for both touring and big mountain skiing and one of his big Kingswood skis have been the widest ski that I know of in the valley before the advent of the superfat skis in the last 3 or 4 years. Big Todd (you can check him out skiing on Stians blog) from NZ does not seem to have a problem with them.

I have been using the Archetypes for 3 years and have no problems with them. They are now my touring skis and I would hazard a guess SZK, that they have skied more days this past season than you have. (How many days did you get up last season by the way?). I know of a pair of mid fats that have been mounted with dynafits.

If you doubt the build quality talk to Laurent, the best ski tuner in the valley. He said he is amazed by how good they turn out after each tune. He reckons the build of the skis is as good as he has seen, but I’m sure SMK, you know quite a bit more than him.

Another good thing about the company is that they are made by somebody like us. It’s a “grown-up” ski bum who wanted to ski for ever so decided the best way to do so was to work in the industry.

Point of all this … they are good skis. The mouth beside the river is using a personal/business problem with somebody related to Kingswood to bad mouth the whole company.
ski holidays
smolo, I know absolutely nothing about the skis in question but this is an internet forum so I feel I can have an opinion Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

It seems that the problem with any small scale 'boutique' handmade product is that of consistency of the product that exits the workshop.

They may well be a good ski but it is highly unlikely that the skis from the same range will all ski the same if they are gluing and clamping the laminations together with hand spring clamps as suggested by the website pictures.

Some things are better made by hand in a folksy workshop littered with wood shavings and some better made in an industrial press with a controlled pressure and temperature for me skis fit the latter.

But it may not be consistancy of performance or technical quality that are the qualities that an individual is looking for in a ski, maybe they need to express themselves through the product they choose.
snow report
Quote:

Around Cham there are a select few that ski them

You count yourself in that I take it. My point entirely.

Yep spoke to Lolo about them.

Don't know Ben the English Kid, Dublin Dave, Big Todd, Rubber Willy, Ego Edward, Too Cool Tommy, or The Emperor's new Colin, I don't get into that playground.

Skied plenty thanks. not empty planks.

Not sure I have a grievance with anyone in Cham mate, life's too short, certainly wouldn't let it cloud my judgement of the quality of a ski, but perhaps gives the CH9 gossip circles plenty to talk about over a glass of Rosé. Not actually sure that i've critisied the build or quality of the said skis.........how and why YOU buy them or anything else is as I say entirely upto you.
Peace Sean, our friendly neighborhood intermediate skier.
snow conditions
*makes mental note to avoid Chamonix and all it's feuding nutter residents*
latest report
Dr John, Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Dr John, Laughing
ski holidays
Dr John, Not all feuding, some get along really well and will do anything including spending money, to be your friend.
ski holidays
Dr John wrote:
*makes mental note to avoid Chamonix and all it's feuding nutter residents*

I dunno... maybe a few days there would be fun - but only if you drink Rosé so it seems!

Anyhooooo, i've got some skis to test and i'll base my decision on what i like the best Shock)

shortlist includes Kingswood archetype or skinny (although the skinny would probably be too short) - only if i can find a pair to try though.

other skis on my list are Prophet 90/100 and last years kung fujas with dukes on them.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, but that is exactly the type of friend I want. When I visit can I kip on your sofa? I have a full matching Killy outfit and I've designed my own top sheets for my ON3P's.
snow conditions
Kingswood Skis are as good as any thing on the market.

Build quality is amazing.

Comment Above - "Just know a few people that were all singing and dancing about these skis a while ago"

They still are.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 25-07-18 23:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
This is a bit of an odd thread

Fraser wrote:
...I heard about this thread slating Kingswood skis ..

Oddly enough no-one actually seems to have slagged off the skis.
SZK just seems to have a problem with those that use them. Its all abit Mieow more cream for Mr Zookeeper.

However judging by the cock swinging tone of your post maybe he has a point, Or of course you could be his sock puppet. Damn the internet for keeping us guessing rolling eyes
snow report
Fraser, damn i just peed myself Very Happy
snow report
Fraser wrote:

So I found some time to either unclick the skis, or put the bike down to head inside long enough to log on here,

which one was it?
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
The Emperor's new Colin

I'm really hoping this is someone's real nickname in "Sud" the docusoap. I'm off to pitch it to some people who know some people.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
The Emperor's new Colin

you called Smile
ski holidays
Quote:
, ski neck deep pow.

does one require a snorkel for such an activity?

why do you take your skis mountain biking with you?

and, most importantly... where is the thread slating Kingswood skis? It aint this one...

now, stop being all so over protective, and away and enjoy the snow.

ps. where is peaslake and is the biking any good?
snow report
shoogly, are you trying to get a longest short list in the world Wink try this for some light reading!!! http://blogs.powdermag.com/2011-ski-brands/
ski holidays
Fraser wrote:
while mountain biking in Peaslake. So I found some time to either unclick the skis,

Lots of deep pow round Guildford way and the Surrey hills this time of year then? Would explain why there's such a concentration of snowheads around there.
snow report
Everyday Cham life sounds like an episode of Only fools and horses, just can't work out if SZK is Del boy or Rodney Wink
snow conditions
to be fair, i only started this thread, over a month ago, out of curiosity of the brand as i'd never heard of it. It then descended into some people/stereotype bashing (still trying to work out which).

Kung Fujas have been ruled out as have Kingswood and the Prophets are still in there.

So, the shortlist is actually shorter than it may appear Very Happy

plus... who cares - it's still summer(ish) and the snow feels like a long time away - what better to talk about Puzzled Very Happy

ps. cheers for the link Smile
ski holidays
shoogly, Kingswood skis are good.
snow report
Dot. wrote:
shoogly, Kingswood skis are good.

no doubt, but they're also pretty expensive and undemoable. that may change between now and whey i buy though, so i'll keep my eyes open
snow conditions
yeah sucks that the NZ$ to GB£ exchange rate is so crap.
snow report
DB, You can call me Dave.
My comments were meant as a dig at a certain type of client we often see here in Cham. Basic stuff, and clearly not a help to the thread or it's intent. It was and isn't a dig at the skis, the people selling them or for the most part, the people using them. If people want to buy them or anything else in order to complement, kiss ass or become included by the forementioned, i pity them but question their personal chmpioning of anything based on this product selection process. Little Angel
snow report
Fraser, man they sound amazing, The stuff you can do with them. They must make you feel great like you can do anything

I do remember a simmilar advert for a product a while ago, now what was it for ???

hmmmm

hmmmm

...ah yes Tampax.
snow report
Quote:

Kingswood stands up to any impacts - rocks or trees.

Build quality is amazing.

Build quality may be good but clearly the skiing is fairly poor Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy