Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift Pass Prices

Poster: A snowHead
Just doing some calculations based on last years list and it will cost me and the family £1000 for 12 days on the snow this year!! Mad

Does anyone know where i can get the 2011/2012 price list for Les Arcs and Paradiski?

4 months and 13 days to go...but whos counting Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
surfstar, afaik, not been released yet - usually comes out October in time for early bird discounts on season passes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For a thousand Pounds, you could buy a skidoo and take the family up the hill in style.

And then resell it after.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If my parents tell me one more time that now they are over 72 their lift pass costs €5 I will kill them both Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
surfstar, leave the kids at home. They probably don't really appreciate it anyway. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Does anyone know where i can get the 2011/2012 price list for Les Arcs and Paradiski?

do you mean 2010/11? Our area has had prices for next season out for a while. Season lift pass, bought before 1 December, 367 euros. Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
surfstar,

The 2010 2011 lift prices are here

http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/intensive_skier_vanoise_express-liste_activites-E2LIAI%5BE220FP-370-HIVER-UK-PEISEY_VALLANDRY.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are the any ways of getting a discounted 6 day lift pas, e.g of a certain website etc?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tomo54, Last season, Les Arcs had a weeks promo in Early March where they had a big discount if the pass was bought online. However there was little noitce of this beforehand. Its worth checking their website often to see if they do the same again this year.

But guessing it will only be for low season dates Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
livetoski, Im not to bothered it would just be a bonus if i could get the pass a little cheaper, im going at chrimbo time so march would be a little late! But thanks i will check their website now and then, you never know! Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
they also did a nice April promo when I lived their offering free ski lessons & rentals to kids for an entire week- said conditions applied, but my daughter was on spring break that week and we were able to enroll her (without purchasing additional lodging, tickets or anything else) this was on their website so it does pay to look
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is the reason we have started going to smaller resorts with cheaper lift passes even though les arcs is a great resort. I'm sure lift passes are at least 50% more expensive than 10 yrs ago.

Is there any chance the £ will rise against the euro pre ski season?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also remember that the one week Paradiski ski pass now allows you to use one of the days for free skiing in The Three Valleys and visa versa.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowymum wrote:
This is the reason we have started going to smaller resorts with cheaper lift passes even though les arcs is a great resort. I'm sure lift passes are at least 50% more expensive than 10 yrs ago.

When I started 8 years ago, I think I paid £120 for a week. Same resort end of last season £175 - not one of the "mega" resorts.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi everyone, first post on snow heads so i thought id post on a topic that is also a soar subject to me.

I think its a disgrace what they charge for a lift pass, yes i understand that this is how they make there money etc etc but come on £200 average for a adult pass...... Evil or Very Mad The ski pass prices are whats killing off cheap deals.
Its definately worth investing in ski passes as early as possible and try and go somewhere that rewards you for skiing, which can pay dividends. Port du soleil for example offer a points system, the more full days you ski the more points you earn. Roughly a weeks skiing will get you enough points for a free days skiing, so if you take a family of 4 for a week that could earn you 3 to 4 days free skiing for you a cheeky weekend away with your mates Razz or save the points for your next visit and pay the difference to make up a week again.

This yr i am returning to 3v's staying at Val thorens. I have booked a group hol for 12, all with 241 ski passes. This has saved us roughly £100pp. Book early and take advantage. wink
latest report
Crispyapplepie, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I think the exchange rate has probably made much of the difference - I think we all got rather used to the benefits that a favourable exchange rate afforded us.

I like the idea of a points system that one can carry forward to another season. Always assuming one is happy to return to the same place - and many are, of course.
ski holidays
Quote:

I think its a disgrace what they charge for a lift pass...but come on £200 average for a adult pass

Less than £5 an hour for a liftpass doesn't strike me as a disgrace. As mentioned above, the state of the £ is the problem.

Wait until you see the cost of lift passes in Canada and the USA if you want a real eyewatering experience. We went to Fernie last season and it was £50 a day Shocked with no multiple day discounts...
snow report
£50 is an expensive lift pass....but you must admit Fernie on the right day is a great place to be!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy