Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 valleys - courchevel or meribel for lessons?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're booked up for Courchevel in March.

I'm keen to get at least one lesson - advanced level - and i'm pretty sure my wife will take two or three - advancing beginner level.

Can anyone recommend a ski instructor in either Courchevel or Meribel and tell us if it's any cheaper going to any where other than 1850 to book a lesson?

I wouldn't mind doing a half day off piste course if such a thing exists in the area???
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've come across this through searching the net...

http://www.skinewgen.com/courchevel1850/performance.html#

anyone used them before?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, izzy milne courchevel, derek chandler meribel links on insideoutskiing links page.. I use them myself and are top top drawer instructors.

new gen are good as well if you are after off piste ask for roy henderson, he is the head of basi's off piste trainers and a fun guy to ski with or Elena Spalenza who seems to another top off piste person for newgen and does a lot of their staff training on the hill
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly, Ski New Generation is also based in Courchevel 1650. Where are you actually staying?

They offer a number of options for off piste instruction/coaching/guiding and I'm sure you'll find something that meets your requirements. I think you'll find they are very approachable so send them an email/call to chat through any questions.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
staying in 1850. New Generation seem worth a punt. I'll contact them this afternoon.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shoogly, very happy to recommend Ultimate Snowsports based in La Tania, they will meet you in 1850 no problem. I can't vouch for whether they are good in the very advanced coaching dept but certainly for your wife and for the little one when the time comes Laughing they would be hard to beat. Down to earth, friendly, very good instructors and sensible prices too. We had Sam, Lee and Matt for our party last Easter, all superb.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Euan or Dave from New Gen or Claude from snowarea. The three of them are all respected instructors for the discerning EoSB'ers!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What Michelle said!
I don't think location makes a difference to what Claude charges.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret wrote:
shoogly, izzy milne courchevel, derek chandler meribel links on insideoutskiing links page.. I use them myself and are top top drawer instructors.

new gen are good as well if you are after off piste ask for roy henderson, he is the head of basi's off piste trainers and a fun guy to ski with or Elena Spalenza who seems to another top off piste person for newgen and does a lot of their staff training on the hill

Another vote for Izzy, awsome and amusing!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dave Norman at Ski Supreme. Office in LaPaz but meet for lessons in Courchevel1850.

adrian
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
agt, I second Ski Supreme, had lessons with them a few years back and they were very good. Haven't used New Gen but have heard good things about them
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The BASS team will meet you for lessons in meribel or courchevel.
Highly recommended. I had a 2hr session pre BASI 2 and some of our group had some great half day lessons with them.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoogly, Try www.offpisteskiing.com for the half day off piste course. He is a fellow snowHead based in Bozel and is a good instructor, I was on a BASI L1 course he ran in Courchevel. Quite a few other snowheads have also recommended his services on other threads.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy