Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HA HA HA HA...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is rapidly turning into the on-piste version of You're The Ref.

shoogly, Down hiller was at fault, more intersted in cutting in close to the camera than watching where he/she is going, and traffic ahead.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shoogly, Puzzled As somebody said in the comments - those guys can't ski for sh*t
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah i know, but it is funny that they think they can! Just like previous comments comparing skiing to driving... there's a lot of really really bad drivers on our roads crashing into other innocent drivers every day - it'll never be their fault though rolling eyes

it's actually pretty scary the number of ski crashes caught on film and posted on youtube. Especially with skiers who think they are better than they are.

Maybe the camera is to blame Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, indeed, add to that a completely inflated opinion of their own ability and a mate encouraging them to show off for the camera and a crash was always inevitable. I'd like to see the following 5 minutes of that film to see if they were even slightly contrite.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, cameras don't crash, people do. The camera will encourage people to take risks they wouldn't normally take, granted, but the responsibility is always with the individual. I hate seeing back seat skiers going WAY too fast for their own ability, both for their safety as well as mine. I'll usually shout a few choice words of advice at them then wait a couple of minutes until I'm sure they are completely out of the way. I'd like to think instructors and pisteurs will have a word with them, but I'm not sure it happens enough.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Time for a replacement of the skier's code with a single enforceable rule? - Don't be a muppet.

Comedy Youtube clips would fall though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob wrote:
Time for a replacement of the skier's code with a single enforceable rule? - Don't be a muppet.

Hear! Hear!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Two good skicross crashes,,,
http://youtube.com/v/48llxLW1stY
http://youtube.com/v/_FetjMgoL7Y I would say the banner is at fault in the second clip Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All because of the camera, imagine if there had been a shoe shop too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I agree they are kind of both at fault

I still don't see how it can be the fault of the girl on the left, who is skiing slower than the other, and who doesn't do anything particularly whacky which would detract from the guilt of the faster, over-taking skier.

There isn't really an "overtaking skier". They started together, and finished even more together.

One of them had maybe dropped a yard or two back from the other, but I'm not even convinced that was more than the camera angle.

From the whole set up, including the position of the cameraman, I presume this was intended to be the two of them passing close together before passing the cameraman one on each side as they separated again.

But they got it wrong and hit each other instead of passing close.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
Kruisler wrote:
None of them had helmets, they're both at fault..

If they were wearing Helmets they would of definitely had no awareness (seeing, hearing) of each other Shocked

Because it comes from you, I don't believe that was intended to be anything but serious.

It is, of course, utterly wrong.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy