Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone done a" dave murray camp"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
any one done the three day dave murray camp in whistler, have done the ski esprit before but hear these camps are a step up from that
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did one a few years back, major step up from espirt - as I understand it Esprit is piste skiing with an instructor. ON the Dave Murray camp you will probably ski gates, trees, powder and maybe even drops, depending on the conditions, your group and your ability. If you are not too confident off piste, I'd highly recommend giving it a go
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're more confident off piste consider Extremely Canadian. Still under WB banner but focused more on Blackcomb & freeskiing. Dave Murray more on Whistler & gates when conditions are conducive. Instructors on both are some of the best in ski school I've heard.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, extremely Canadian is very good - I would do it again. It is better than the Jackson Hole steep and Deep Camp which has got too big. All the exciting and challenging skiing we did on that holiday we did on our own - which is the opposite of my Whistler experience.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball, I hear what you're saying, but as I was visiting a friend who'd spent plenty of time in Whistler, I did my more challenging skiing with him - in terms of off piste. Dave Murray gave me some excellent exercises, gates (only one run, the powder was too deep for more), jumps and drops, ad of course the opportunity to get "treed" and have to ski tou through bushes and at one point skiing along a fallen treea over a 20ft ravine. Fun stuff!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi guys,

I used to teach Esprit and DM Camps back in the early millenium when I used to teach in Whistler. Yea in short Esprit is more run of the mill on piste type stuff (fun though)... with DM stuff it was more getting performance out of the skis and wherever possible we used to do gate training and if we couldn't do gates then we go off-piste into the glades etc. However EC stuff was geared specifically to off-piste type stuff. So your call but it is a step up tec wise! Not sure if it changed in the last 7 years since I moved back to Europe to teach but my overall opinion (if im honest) was that the value for money was not great.

Steve
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did a DM camp and got very lucky.
It was a special anniversary (30 years maybe) since DM himself started the camps.
It was offered that week only for the price it was first offered all those years ago, and they got back as many of the old racer/coach friends of DM as they could to lead it.
Some legendary names coaching us in gates, all for $200 or so. for a week.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done several Murray camps, as well as Ski Esprit. I've yet to try an Extremely Canadian, but I'm sure I will at some time.

The Murray Camps are an excellent way of pushing your personal envelope: you WILL get pushed out of your comfort zone (and you MAY survive this!)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DM Camp depends on who you get for your instructor. I was placed in the top group but asked to drop into second from top so I could ski with a friend. Instructor I ended up with was good on steeps and off piste but while fit and very fast, didn't once leave any clean tracks on piste. The instructor in the top group turned out to be ex-Canadian team. Still, GS gates on the DM Downhill run was fun.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The EC people are intending to guide groups out of bounds next season too, if anyone is looking for that.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
this point has been raised before and there are previous threads

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=23155&highlight=dave+murray

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=33716&highlight=dave+murray
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you're a strong intermediate skier (or better) then you should definitely do a DM camp. I've been on quite a number of camps since about 2004 and can highly recommend them. The coaches are great and they will actively encourage and push you to improve your technique and confidence sometimes by taking you out of your comfort zone. They are all highly qualified and some are ex-national team skiers. If it's a powder camp then you might not do any gate training at all (unless your group specifically requests it) Whatever you do you can be sure that you'll have a lot of fun. The skiing is mostly on Whistler mountain (that's where the DM downhill is and the top part is where they set the gates) but last year we went over to Blackcomb for a day. Apres is at the Brewhouse on the Monday and Wednesday evenings where the first beer is free and 'appies' are included.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 5-08-10 19:27; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
malcolm1, thanks for the links, that just about covers all i need to know, therefore the decision is "do both" Laughing
three days with DM then day off followed by two days with EC Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy