Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

12 months on... (1st Anniversary of Inside Out Skiing - now with "Added Video")

Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a landmark for me and skimottaret as this time 12 months ago we had just launched Inside Out Skiing and were trying to work out what we'd let ourselves in for. So a quick but heartfelt thank you to all our clients (now over 120) who trusted us enough let us loose on their skiing at Hemel and out in the Alps. I don't think we've broken anybody yet, despite trying as hard as we can wink

I'm slowly sorting out the hundreds of video clips that we've recorded of everyone that we've coached and I thought I'd add a few "before and after" comparisons. I'll add some more as I get around to it, but first up is ISki and Touchguru.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 30-07-10 15:42; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, but you had a good go at breaking yourself didn't you!

I enjoyed the day I spent with you - but living so far away it's going to have to be an occasional treat not a regular thing. Looking forward to the SH day there on 14th Aug, though I think it's going to be rather quiet.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 29-07-10 16:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I say Thanks to IOS. Good for you guys, and I hope you go from strength to strength
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, i haven't been able to come much but I have enjoyed the sessions I have had. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well done chaps - that was a big step to take. snowHead Very sorry we won't be joining you in Tignes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, Congratulations to you and Scott on a successful first year! I hope you continue to enjoy many more snowHead

I know your coaching clinics have helped me improve my skiing and given me the confidence to take full advantage of opportunities while on skiing holidays (though even you two can't work miracles Toofy Grin)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow - a year since this 'memorable' video of guinea pigs
http://youtube.com/v/DiEbS_Lmpzw - thankfully no snowHeads were fatally harmed in the making of the film and any characters portrayed bear no resemblance whatsoever to bertie bassett, anarchicsaltire, paulio or snobunni. Or anyone else wink

Personally, many many thanks to you rob@rar & skimottaret, for all your hard work in trying to coach me Very Happy For the OH to say I'd improved significantly last season was no small effort for him to say Toofy Grin . I hope Inside Out Skiing continues to grow and be successful - not the easiest of times to start a new business. But then skiers are somewhat fanatical Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Big congrats rob@rar and skimottaret Very Happy

As I have said before, you guys are largely due the credit for taking me from a very erratic recreational skier to a skier that could pass Level 1 instructors exam. Something that in October last year I would never have believed possible!!

May you enjoy many more years of successful InsideOut Coaching!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, 12 months and you still haven't been rumbled. wink Laughing

Well done mate. Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, well done guys!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, congratulations to you both and, as you shirley know, I simply can't thank you enough. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm slowly sorting out the hundreds of video clips that we've recorded of everyone that we've coached and I thought I'd add a few "before and after" comparisons. I'll add some more as I get around to it, but first up is ISki and Touchguru.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle wrote:
rob@rar, congratulations to you both and, as you shirley know,

I didn't know that rob@rar's real name was Shirley. Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman wrote:
Hurtle wrote:
rob@rar, congratulations to you both and, as you shirley know,

I didn't know that rob@rar's real name was Shirley. Laughing

It's not something I like to talk about. At least it's not Tarquin.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, some good improvements in the video's would be good to see more.

cathy, Do we have a before and after on warm ups Smile
snow report
jjc wrote:
cathy, Do we have a before and after on warm ups Smile

Warm ups?? Confused That was our lesson! Madeye-Smiley

Toofy Grin
snow report
They are interesting vids. perhaps because of the slow mo. Torchguru seemed to show a real change in how their turns seemed to flow one into another. Congrats all and thanks for agreeing for your candid camera shots to be shown to the masses.
snow report
rob@rar, bl**dy h*ll, boys, that's fantastic!!

I particularly like what looks to be much more comfort and fluidity in ISki on a rougher slope.

Trebles all round, hic.

Very well done.
snow conditions
Good progression by both students in the videos. Despite the novelty humiliation/warm up sessions you must be doing something right wink
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
Despite the novelty humiliation/warm up sessions

Scott and I need our entertainment first thing wink

But seriously, it's simple: if people do a warm up they ski better. No doubt about it.
snow report
Megamum wrote:
Torchguru seemed to show a real change in how their turns seemed to flow one into another.

Yes, that was a breakthrough session for him and we had been working on fluidly linking turns in advance of him going on to do the BASI Level 1 course the following week (which he passed).
snow conditions
Here's another comparison video. This time it's one of our Learn to Ski clients from last winter. We had three sessions with Matt, who was a complete beginner, at the Snow centre in Hemel, then a week out in the Alps with him later on in the winter.
ski holidays
rob@rar, That's not fair is it - how does anyone get that good that quickly? When I think of the slog I've had and I'm still not overly good at it. I'm hoping its the Inside out magic and maybe I can get a dusting with the wand when I see you in September Laughing
snow conditions
Megamum wrote:
rob@rar, That's not fair is it - how does anyone get that good that quickly?

Well, I don't want to boast... wink

More seriously, it's not difficult to instil good movement patterns in a skier who is new or very inexperienced as they won't have practiced their bad habits until they are perfect at them. Matt was keen to learn and was a good pupil (but not a one in a thousand a superstar - I did have a couple of those, but only at Hemel and I would have loved to have taught them out in the Alps), so he made strong progress over our complete learn to ski programme.
snow report
Congrats guys, long may your success continue Very Happy
latest report
Congratulations! Can't believe it's a whole year-time flies when you are having fun!
snow conditions
Great instruction.
ski holidays
Found one of your leaflets at The Snow Centre yesterday - very professional indeed and it's clear how much effort and thought you've put in guys, very effective publicity material IMO and I hope they pull in the business for you.

One thing though, I never realised why you were called Inside Out until I read the leaflet ... duh, think I may have been a bit slow on the uptake there! rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy