Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes in late July (versus LDA)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well it is cold, fresh snow on the glacier 2 days ago and the lower blues are in excellent shape.

The town seems to be closed - no I'm being unfair it is just very quiet, we are used to LDA at this time of year which is a lot busier. LDA is a better "town" but the skiing (at the moment) is better in Tignes, the blues I am on are very wide and well groomed but only about 1K long. Tignes is made up of 3 distinct villages, you can't walk between them easily and the bus only runs every half hour or so. In LDA the bus goes around the town every 10 mins max, and the town is all in one place.

There is a dreadful bunfight on the Jandri lift in LDA to get back down from the glacier after midday - you have to queue for about 25 mins to get on the lift, Tignes has the funicular which is fast and stress-free.

Mike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

There is a dreadful bunfight on the Jandri lift in LDA to get back down from the glacier after midday - you have to queue for about 25 mins to get on the lift

Indeed, it's quite ghastly. I've sat with a picnic, looked at the view and watched all the nutters pushing and shoving to get on the Jandri. Then, after a leisurely lunch in the sun, stepped into an empty gondola. Laughing Why, FFS, would anybody queue for 25 minutes? Must be people missing the SW quadrant of the M25.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, Not many people are organised enough at stupid o'clock AM to pack a picnic so 'the nutters' are probably heading down for a well-deserved lunch.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Red Leon, Lunch at the Resto at the top of the Jandri is very nice indeed and not that dear - works as well as a picnic to miss the queues.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah - chill at the top until the Q has gone. The way to go! Picnic - do it the night before! Very Happy Snow very good at the moment BTW. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy